Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

2010 Chevrolet Camaro Dale Earnhardt Jr Edition

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 03:07 PM
Default 2010 Chevrolet Camaro Dale Earnhardt Jr Edition

Not sure what section I should have put this in but I'm sure some of you would be interested in this:
http://www.conceptcarz.com/vehicle/z...r-Concept.aspx
__________________________________________________ _______

2010 Chevrolet Camaro Dale Earnhardt Jr. Concept

Chevrolet introduces a quartet of stunning concepts based on the all-new, 2010 Camaro at the 2008 SEMA Show. The concepts join regular-production and accessorized models, along with a dream collection of vintage Camaros – including rare COPO, Indy Pace Car and early Z28 models – to mark the introduction of Chevy's re-born sports car. The Camaro is the official car of the 2008 SEMA show.

Each of the concepts represents a different interpretation of the new Camaro's performance, styling and personalization possibilities, from no-holds-barred high-performance to carefully crafted, street-savvy customizing.

'The new Camaro is a 21st century sports car for the young and young at heart,' said Ed Peper, GM North America vice president, Chevrolet. 'Wherever your automotive passion lies, the Camaro complements it with world-class design and an exciting driving experience. The concepts unveiled at SEMA accentuate those qualities and trigger the imaginations of countless enthusiasts.'

In addition to the concept and classic Camaros, a production 2010 model showed off the range of appearance, performance and convenience accessories that will be available from Chevrolet when the car hits dealerships early next year. The accessories allow customers to personalize their vehicle with genuine Chevy components that are designed, tested and warranted to the same standards as the Camaro itself.

As for the Camaro concepts, they show the extreme possibilities of what the new sports car can offer.

Camaro Dale Earnhardt Jr. Concept: NASCAR star Dale Jr. is fan of vintage Camaros – he cruises around in a Pro Touring-style '72 Camaro powered by a GM Performance Parts LS crate engine – and the heritage-inspired design of the 2010 Camaro appeals to him like a checkered flag at Daytona. His vision for the car was channeled to GM's designers and crafted in a multi-color combination of style, capability and comfort.

They started with a new Camaro SS that uses the standard 6.2L V-8, but modified to use E85. Taking advantage of E85's favorable octane rating, the engine was calibrated to deliver a few extra horsepower, with the exhaust exiting through GM Performance Parts' new headers. It's backed by the SS's available six-speed manual transmission and GM Accessories' short-throw Hurst shifter. Additional performance enhancements include a Brembo brake package and a lowered ride height, giving Dale Jr.'s Camaro a sleeker look to match its road-hugging capability.

A custom gray-over-white paint scheme blends the high-performance drivetrain with serious style. It is accented with an orange stripe separating the gray and white sections. Also generating attention on the exterior is a set of 21-inch, five-spoke wheels inspired by the Camaro Convertible Concept. They feature dark-painted center sections on the spokes that complement the body's gray color. The wheels are wrapped in Pirelli P-Zero ZR-rated performance tires.

Additional exterior details include:

β€’ Chevy Accessories grille

β€’ Chevy Accessories ground effects and rear diffuser

β€’ Chevy Accessories exhaust system

β€’ Early Camaro-style 'dovetail' rear spoiler

β€’ Production high-intensity discharge headlamps

β€’ Production RS taillamps

Similarly, the interior is outfitted for performance and style, including:

β€’ Custom-trimmed leather-and-suede-covered seats with accent stitching

β€’ Leather-trimmed steering wheel, shift ****, door armrests and center console lid, with accent stitching

β€’ Carbon-fiber treatment on the instrument panel and door panel inserts

β€’ Racing-style aluminum pedals

β€’ Production-optional four-pack auxiliary gauge cluster

β€’ Revised gauge cluster with unique graphics and colors

β€’ Custom sill plates

Dale Jr. also specified Chevy Accessories' upgraded audio system for the Camaro, which is matched with a Boston Acoustics speaker system, including amps and subwoofers.
Source - GM

[IMG]local://upfiles/2432/53ABA4802A0541278C0C1BA4D4BA6A85.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/2432/F759B85CF4A44A9887918FCC11D890A8.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-13-2008, 04:10 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro Dale Earnhardt Jr Edition

I want one! Right now! Where do I sign?

I like the paint scheme. I like how they didn't go with any of his sponsor's colors, or his racing team's logo (Hendrick). Doing that automatically dates the car, kinda like our Budweiser red Dale Jr Montes with the DEI stripes. Besides, the Junior Nation logo on the side is much cooler IMO.

ThatCamaro just screams "Bad A$$".

Old 11-13-2008, 05:44 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

NICE!

Old 11-13-2008, 07:46 PM

can some one lend me some cash?????

Old 11-13-2008, 08:27 PM

It's wicked all right, now just think of an LS7 or LS9 swap...

I'm thinking metallic orange and black two tone

Old 11-14-2008, 12:58 AM

So it looks like in 2010 I'll be joining a Camaro forum LOL, I kid. But in all honesty this car is bad ***, if there is one car I would replace my Monte Carlo it would be this one. I would love the new ZR1 as well but big price difference haha.

Old 11-14-2008, 02:29 AM

I"m not a huge fan of the squared off look on every inch of the car, but otherwise this car is a wet dream come true.

Now, to figure out how to put together the financing for one in my budget as soon as possible (I don't really need to eat, do I?).....