Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

'11 Monte Nationals

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 03:28 PM
Monte Of The Month -- December 2010
Monte Of The Month -- November 2014
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Montess2k
It started out with the administraition wanting to grow the numbers in the northeast, which we were willing to do...We were happy it came the furthest east it ever was in 2008...there was speculation it would return in 2009, but it wasn't so, which was absolutely fine with the people in that region.

We then were trying to create a minimeet in the northeast in 2009, but a few were accused of "dropping the ball" along with other things, this upset a few in the northeast...that coupled with one minimeet being setup in the same state as the big show that same year , we thought the minimeets were suppose to bring supporters out in regions that were unable to get to the big show due to distance.

yet many in the region were renewing there yearly dues of $35 again with out having a show to go to...when the 2010 Nationals were announced once again more towards the midwest, and without a show to go to, many in the region opted for the GM Nationals...after attending that show and seeing how much that had to offer, the FGMCC,NYMCC,NJMCC,PAMCC, and NEMCC all threw there support behind the gm nationals.

This was all publicly known before the 2011 Monte Nationals was announced...not sure if the administraition was under hopes that bringing it back east again would garner support from the clubs mentioned above....but for many it was to little to late....most stopped paying there dues and actively posting there long before 2011.

I'm quite certain if things were handled differently, the Monte Nationals would EASILY have 150-200 Montes showing up this weekend, but that is not the case. Maybe if the shows were on different weekends numbers could be that high at both shows, but again that is not the case.

I am not knocking any club/affiliation/show I think the more Shows the merrier, and I hope everyone has a blast and a fun time no matter what show they attend this weekend....just stating what happened and how people feel in certain areas as to why we are not backing that show even with it being so close....no need to rehash it, whats done is done.

however I do not see the Monte Nationals ever coming east again, for good reason, so the midwesterners should be happy they get "there" show back next year and probably everyone after that.

Again I hope everyone has a great and safe weekend weather there at the Monte Nationals, GM Nationals, a local cruise, a big car show or just simply taking a ride in there car.

Joe

Old 06-21-2011, 03:42 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Thanks for the info Joe.

Old 06-21-2011, 03:50 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member

Wish I knew that info before hand

Though I figured this would be one of the only times Monte Nats was so close I had to go.

Old 06-21-2011, 07:28 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2011

Honestly I didn't post to deter people from going to the Monte Nationals, just wanted to state it wasn't all about the location, at least not anymore.

Again it is a good choice to go to the Monte Nationals if you were not involved with what was posted, like ya said it is the closest it's ever been so it is a good oppurtunity to go, and for someone who has not been to either show, those people can go to the Monte Nationals this year then hit up the GM Nationals next year and compare the two.

I hope the weather holds out and both shows are over run with Montes this weekend!

Joe

Old 06-21-2011, 09:50 PM

Looks like I'll never make it to a Monte Nationals.

Old 06-23-2011, 12:39 PM
rj
15 Year Member

Sadly, I will not be attending the Monte Nats either.

My dad was taken to the ER on wednesday night. At 3:30am they moved him to a room. His pulse was 122 which should have been 75-80 range.

Yesterday morning with him still in the hospital and the doctor saying they suspected a blood clog near his heart I cancelled all my plans. Cause I thought I could be setting in the waiting room while he was in surgery at any moment.

Come the afternoon the doctor changes his mind. Says to pay more attention to how my dad feels versus what instraments are saying. And sent my dad home.

I'm glad he's home. But unhappy with how things are being handled. And really unhappy I won't be at the 2011 Monte Nationals. But my dad is more important.

Old 06-23-2011, 05:28 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member

RJ, I sent a PM your way. But please know that your dad will be in our thoughts and prayers. Nationals can wait till next year. Your family is more important.

Old 06-23-2011, 05:42 PM

I have never been able to attend the Monte Nationals for the reason that I live on the west coast and can't afford to drive to the mid-west or east coast.

Old 06-23-2011, 08:49 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member

RJ, very sorry to hear that you won't be there this year, family comes first , we will be praying for you and your famiy.....

Quick Reply: '11 Monte Nationals