Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

'11 Monte Nationals

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 01:03 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default '11 Monte Nationals

Usually the NMCOA web site is a buzz with talk about the upcoming Nationals and who's going. Stuff like that.

This year the web site is all but dead.

Just wondering what the difference could be this year versus other years?

Old 06-20-2011, 06:54 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2011

There was a discussion with a few members, regarding show locations in prior years, so many of the club members in certain areas decided to back another show...in comparison of the two shows held on the same weekend, many felt the other show provided more stuff to do and in a better setting.... I could go into more detail, but no need to revisit that publicly.

Added in the fact that it is futher east this year and the ussual attendes are more midwest and do not want to make the long drive (Ironically thats what pushed the people mentioned above away in the first place)

Add in bad economy, higher gas prices, and what maybe a less of a push from the show runners all coupled together = less posts and commotion.

If more details are needed feel free to pm me

Joe

Old 06-20-2011, 06:59 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

I'm guessing location too - I'm so jealous that I can't go this year. My friend who lives in WI is driving all that way. He has an 87 SS areo coupe and an 02 Dale Sr. edition. He's taking the 02. I lent him my front end mask that I use on Silver (cause it's got the plate cutout) so he won't screw up his front end.

Old 06-20-2011, 07:14 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member

that sucks, lastyear there were 125 registered Monte Carlos on the showfield, I wonder what that # will be this year....

Old 06-20-2011, 07:16 PM
THE JUDGE
10 Year Member

You'll probably have the most members from this forum though.

Old 06-20-2011, 08:47 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Where are the Nationals this year?

Old 06-20-2011, 08:49 PM
THE JUDGE
10 Year Member

York, PA

Old 06-21-2011, 11:30 AM
rj
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by monte carlo 3831
that sucks, lastyear there were 125 registered Monte Carlos on the showfield, I wonder what that # will be this year....
25. lol

Joe. I thought one of the biggest problems you had was location? You and a few other members from the east wanted the Nationals closer. And in 2008 it was. So now in 2011 it's even closer to you, yet you prefer to attend GM/Carlisle.

I know issues I had was the drive and the price of gasoline. Gas in my area has fallen to $3.42/gal since last week. I was almost tempted to attend the Hot Rod Reunion in Bowling Green, KY instead of the Monte Nationals. Bowling Green is a 5 hr drive versus the close to 8 hrs the Nationals is.

Old 06-21-2011, 11:46 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Maybe fire off an email to Cort. See what he says.

Old 06-21-2011, 02:12 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2011

Originally Posted by rj
25. lol

Joe. I thought one of the biggest problems you had was location? You and a few other members from the east wanted the Nationals closer. And in 2008 it was. So now in 2011 it's even closer to you, yet you prefer to attend GM/Carlisle.
It started out with the administraition wanting to grow the numbers in the northeast, which we were willing to do...We were happy it came the furthest east it ever was in 2008...there was speculation it would return in 2009, but it wasn't so, which was absolutely fine with the people in that region.

We then were trying to create a minimeet in the northeast in 2009, but a few were accused of "dropping the ball" along with other things, this upset a few in the northeast...that coupled with one minimeet being setup in the same state as the big show that same year , we thought the minimeets were suppose to bring supporters out in regions that were unable to get to the big show due to distance.

yet many in the region were renewing there yearly dues of $35 again with out having a show to go to...when the 2010 Nationals were announced once again more towards the midwest, and without a show to go to, many in the region opted for the GM Nationals...after attending that show and seeing how much that had to offer, the FGMCC,NYMCC,NJMCC,PAMCC, and NEMCC all threw there support behind the gm nationals.

This was all publicly known before the 2011 Monte Nationals was announced...not sure if the administraition was under hopes that bringing it back east again would garner support from the clubs mentioned above....but for many it was to little to late....most stopped paying there dues and actively posting there long before 2011.

I'm quite certain if things were handled differently, the Monte Nationals would EASILY have 150-200 Montes showing up this weekend, but that is not the case. Maybe if the shows were on different weekends numbers could be that high at both shows, but again that is not the case.

I am not knocking any club/affiliation/show I think the more Shows the merrier, and I hope everyone has a blast and a fun time no matter what show they attend this weekend....just stating what happened and how people feel in certain areas as to why we are not backing that show even with it being so close....no need to rehash it, whats done is done.

however I do not see the Monte Nationals ever coming east again, for good reason, so the midwesterners should be happy they get "there" show back next year and probably everyone after that.

Again I hope everyone has a great and safe weekend weather there at the Monte Nationals, GM Nationals, a local cruise, a big car show or just simply taking a ride in there car.

Joe

Last edited by Montess2k; 06-21-2011 at 02:30 PM.

Quick Reply: '11 Monte Nationals