Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

~ Your Car Story ~

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 07:25 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: ~ Your Favorite Car Story ~

Wow, favorite car story? Which one? My first award at a car show? My lead, rightfoot stories?
HHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmm????????

On of THE best I can recall was finally getting/owning a '57 Chevy. I wanted one ssssssssoooooooooooooo bad I could taste it.

Washing, polishing, admiring the car as it sat in the backyard the first 18 months I owned it. So I could legally drive it of course. And I was "Working" on it one afternoon and dislodged a needed wire to run the engine but I had no clue?

There's also my "First" set of custom wheels or engine parts that stand out.

When I was in 12th grade and could finally drive, my school friends would say, "Hey RJ, take us for a ride in that '57 Chevy you own."
So I would. Around the block or so. Cause I didn't have the $$$$ for things like license plates, or gasoline cause I was too busy buying car parts for the car.

It used to be the big thing for teens to cruise through the center of town, then north a few miles to a local pizza place. You could usually see 4 - 5 drag races, or cars full of girls flurting with a car full of guys. I remember the first time I took my '57 out to the local cruise scene. People giving me the finger.......... oh, I mean the thumbs-up. It was cool.

Old 05-31-2007, 09:27 PM
Default One Night Stand

Favorite car story?

Ok,a familyfriend has a greatOlds 442. I went along with him on a local car cruise to a nearby city. (more than one stoplight) Well it was getting dark, and he gave me the keys after we got away from oogling some of the other cars. I was surprised, but I know how to drive a clutch, so I acted non-chalant about it.

Well after fueling up and about 3 minutes out of said "city" some a-hole is riding our tail. So I get in the right lane, and slow down. He finally passes (its a 4 lane highway) but proceeds to get in front of us and slow down. "Ok, dum____, you want it...." (look at the owner, who nods) "you got it!" drop it into 2nd and let that V8 just SCREAM (it was begging me the whole time...really)

Well the guy catches up ( it was a Camaro with who-knows what in it) and we're basically side by side goin a buck-twentyuntil he reaches (what I can only assume was) his exit. So in 50 miles, and about20 minutes,we burn the12 gallons ofpremium he just put in ($40), and I learn that "white knuckle driving" is NOT just an expression....

He was pretty impressed, and admitted that I had that car doing things he wouldn't dream of doing to it, and it didn't bother him one bit. But, on second thought, he hasn't ever offered to let me drive again... hmmmmm oh well, once is enough with a car like that! Maybe if I buy the gas next time? It'd be worth it!

Old 06-01-2007, 05:47 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

ORIGINAL: Laserblue06ss

I have a car story to share.I wasn't involved personally but it happened to my best friend that I grew up with.This story might belong in a "Dealership Horror Stories" section though. (Hey Space,there is an idea for your next thread to start)

Hi David & members,& thanks for sharing your stories. David, thanks
for the suggestion on a thread of "Dealership Horror Stories", but I've
been being a post ***** attempting to create subjects that will get the members
involved on the MCF. I think it's your turn : )
It's a great subject & I'm sure that many members have a story to tell.
I'll be look'in for your post : )
Wish you a `Happy,
`Space

Old 06-01-2007, 04:55 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I think since we have this thread we need to start another one.

What is your worst car story.

I have one I'll remember till the day I die. Okay.

Say anyone remember what it was I was talking about????? [sm=icon_rofl.gif]

This guy who got me into Classic Chevies, he once owned a '59 Buick with a 445 Wildcat engine under the hood. This car was a freight train. We were flying through this alley one afternoon. You could see this huge pot hole right infront of the car but Terry wouldn't slow down. And when we hit said pot hole the oil pan caught the pavement and got ripped off the bottom of the engine. Nice oil slick.

But it was fun laying in the street installing the replacement oil pan.

There was a time when my first car had somewhat of a name for itself. A guy I knew bought a '57 210 2-door Sedan he told everyone was going to eat my '57 alive. This one night I went over to this guy's house and a handfull of us were helping him put a posi rear under the car. Afterwards we all piled in the car (I was riding shot gun) and went for gasoline. The second we hit the street I knew this '57 wouldn't touch mine. For one, the 4-speed this guy installed in the car had 2 gears. Third & fourth.
(not much ofa street killer in my book)

He never did finish the car cause come to find out he wrote the PO a rubber check. And the PO came over and took his car back. One of my cousins ended up with the '57 for $500. Thanks to me.

Old 06-01-2007, 08:43 PM

ORIGINAL: SolaraSlayer

When I was 14, my father owned a 1967 Plymouth Belvedere with a 4-on-the-floor, 383, 2-door.

That was was fast and he would let me drive it. I was just learning to stick-shift at the time.

One day we got out of the movies after midnight with my entire family (7 of us), and my dad let me drive us home on the empty streets of L.A.

I got stuck on small pitch at a red light and I couldn't get the car to go. I kept stalling it out of first gear. My dad said that we were going to sit there until I learned how to clutch up-hill.

I tried and tried for 15-20 minutes and my whole family was laughing at me the whole time. They thought it was funnyas I kept stalling it over a hundred times.

I kept saying it was impossible and he kept saying it wasn't. "Put your left foot on the clutch, right foot on the brake and gas at the same time. Slowly give it gas with the right edge of your right foot and letyour left foot up until the clutch engages. When the clutch engages, take off!"

I finally launched it and my tears turned from sadness to joy. I neverfound myselfin that predicament again.

Well I can now say, I am the one of the greatest uphill stick-shift from a dead stop driver and you will ever meet...its awesome to see people get surprised when you don't roll backwards from a stop.
I still have this problem so i just drop the cluch at about 2500-3000 and just listien to the tires squeel and smoke and hope that there is not a cop around.

Old 06-02-2007, 06:24 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: ~ Your Car Story ~

[align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]A man in a SuperCharged Monte Carlo SS stops at a stoplight[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]and a guy on a scooter pulls up next to him. [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]The guy on the scooter leans over and takes an admiring look at the inside of theMonte Carloand tells the driver that he has a really hot car.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Well, the light turned green so the driver of theMonte Carlodecides to show off and peels out and leaves the guy on the scooter in the dust. Then, all of a sudden, he sees the scooter zip on past him. [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]So, being a little c o c k y, theMonte Carlodriver floors it again and blows past the guy on the scooter. A few seconds later, he again sees the scooter zip on past him.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]So now he's a little irate as well as a little mifted that that scooter keeps passing him so he floors it until he is going over 120 mph. He thinks to himself that there would be no way that scooter could catch him now, but then looks in the rearview mirror and sees that scooter starting to catch up. He then decides to find out what that scooter really is and slams on his brakes. Then the scooter crashes into the back of the Monte Carlo. [/align][align=center]After the dust settled, theMonte Carlodriver sees the scooter driver lying in the road and goes over to him and ask:[/align][align=center]"How couldyou go as fast asmy Hot Rod Monte Carloon a little wimpy scooter...? ?"[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Theinjured man replied, "I can't really, but my suspenders were caught on your side viewmirror...."[/align][align=center][sm=groupwave.gif][sm=hail.gif][sm=happy046.gif][sm=happybounce.gif][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]

[hr]

[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]A speeding motorist in a BadAzz Monte Carlo SSwas caught by radar from a police helicopter in the sky. An officer pulled him over and began to issue a speeding traffic ticket.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]"How did you know I was speeding?" the frustrated driver asked.[/align][b][align=center]
The police officer pointed somberly towards the sky.[/align][align=center]
[size=4]"[color=#0000ff]