Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

~ SS History ~

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 03:25 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008
Default RE: SS History : )

ORIGINAL: 04 Intimidator

WTF is with the long posts?
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
__
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
Are you having bandwith problems?

Old 03-22-2007, 03:35 PM

I believe there was an engine block heater for around $50 that I saw listed under options,but not standard on any model.Also the smoker's package which includes an ashtray and lighter.Other than that,I think the LTZ had all options.

Old 03-22-2007, 03:56 PM

I had to pay for the sunroof, side air bags and 6 CD player.........
So I dont think Z means that......

Dont go by the 2007 LT options (on chevy.com). They are no where close to the the LTZ options in 2006

Got got my LTZ with everything expect the engine block heater. But had to pay for the Sunroof, air bags and 6 CD changer

Old 03-22-2007, 04:17 PM

You are correct Mrrench,I checked Yahoo used autos specs and sunroof,side airbags and the 6 CD changer were listed as optional on the LTZ.It seems kind of strange they made the 8 speakers and XM radio standard,but not the CD changer.My SS has the 6 CD changer and XM (as options) but not the 8 speakers.Does anyone know where the 2 extra speakers are located????

Old 03-22-2007, 04:59 PM

That is why I got the LTZ instead of the SS
For everything that my LTZ came with to get it in an SS would have been almost 4 grand more

Old 03-22-2007, 05:07 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

ORIGINAL: SolaraSlayer

_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
__
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_

_
_
_
__
_
_
_
__

_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
__

_

LMAO!!

Old 03-22-2007, 05:24 PM

ORIGINAL: wiz kidd

ORIGINAL: SolaraSlayer

_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
__
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_

_
_
_
__
_
_
_
__

_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
__

_

LMAO!!
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
Well if DSL or BROADBAND aren't cutting it, I would suggest T1, but its very expensive

Old 03-22-2007, 08:53 PM

Or Optical!But that might be an Iowa thing too. At school we have a fibre network that all the schools get, and I could get downloads in a fraction of a time they take on DSL I have now. The only problem was online gaming wasn't the best because while bandwidth was excellent, lag was worse than some T1 networks because official school traffic ( video conference classes ) get priority over internet traffic.

hey Grandpa, the badges that you were having problems with, were they the little GM squares behind the front wheel wells? One of mine is crooked is well, but I'm just planning on removing them sometime anyways.

David/Laserblue: My best guess is thatthe extra speakers are located on the A-pillars. I test drove an Impala (a dog of one too...) and it had two little pods in the A-pillars that were obviously speakers. I was curious howeasy/hard it would be to take them out of a wrecked Monte and put them in my car. Definitely a unique mod.

Old 03-22-2007, 09:01 PM

My badge problem is the rear deck ones. For some undisclosed reason, my rear deck was painted but there were no dents or repairs done.

They yanked off the badges and reglued them without those rubber liners that are behind the letters.

They should have just ordered new badges. Whatever glue they used didn't work and several letters fell off over the 6 months that I had the car.

Not to mention that they placed the badges in the wrong location also.

Old 03-22-2007, 09:05 PM

I could be wrong, but I had assumed that all 4 speakers were 2-ways, totalling 8 speakers.

Quick Reply: ~ SS History ~