Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

~~>`Space Junk ~~> No one cares ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 06:58 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I think there's a very real possibility that with all the junk flying around in orbit, it's only a matter of time before it causes a major problem. Like taking out the ISS, or taking out a bunch of important sattelites and such. Wonder if we can tell the governments to give a hoot and don't pollute our space.

Old 08-17-2012, 09:03 PM

Well, Space, here's what your thread did for me: as I was trying to get emotional over stuff floating around above me that could some day dare to crash into my beautiful white Monte Carlo, I had a random thought: "what if Space really is an alien, and if we don't appreciate his many contributions to the MCF, he disappears into Outer Space some day and never comes back? What would happen to the MCF members? And if he really is an alien, where in Space did he come from and how long has he been here? And does he really live in Florida? Does he drive the only 1989 Monte Carlo in existence? And where'd he get that Monte?"

I'm sorry Space, what was the question?

Old 08-18-2012, 06:34 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile

Originally Posted by Possum
Well, Space, here's what your thread did for me: as I was trying to get emotional over stuff floating around above me that could some day dare to crash into my beautiful white Monte Carlo, I had a random thought: "what if `Space really is an alien, and if we don't appreciate his many contributions to the MCF, he disappears into Outer Space some day and never comes back? What would happen to the MCF members? And if he really is an alien, where in Space did he come from and how long has he been here? And does he really live in Florida? Does he drive the only 1989 Monte Carlo in existence? And where'd he get that Monte?"
I'm sorry Space, what was the question?

Hi `Angie, thanks much for your random thoughts about `Space. They made me `laugh this morning on my first break of my night shift. Many believe that I am way different then the rest of
other human species ,I believe it also......
I admit that I am a unique creation from a unknown space 4-Sure (LOL)
How could our world ever stand & put `up with two spaces (WoW) lol
One is enough 4-Real on Planet `Earth-4-Sure !!!
Sometimes, one `space is 2 much 4-Real !

I will attempt to answer your questions ; I don't know where I was born (?). My mother dropped me `off @ my grandfather's when I was a few weeks old & never returned & we've never heard from her again..."My grandfather told his friends that I just dropped out from `space in2 his space or life. I still don't know where she is at or what planet she is from or who my father is ? Maybe I am just a computer generated human (?)

I landed at my grandfather's in Indian River Co Florida
about 23 years ago.....
(a small secluded beach community on the Atlantic Ocean)

^ Hi World ^
I was raised/programed/taught with other throw away kids by my grandfather & his senior citizen friends. We became a small Beach-Bum-Family.

^My 1989 Monte Carlo is just imaginary, but I do dream of creating one in my future 4-Sure.

Thanks `Angie for your post & concerns about Space & it's Junk I hope that more humans care about their `space & care about their country & it's future. Let those in power know your concerns...With the World Wide Web each person has access to all in power. Words can be powerful, and the more people writing words on this subject, the more powerful your words & concerns will `be WoW

`Angie, think about what you may be able to do as you work in your garden & I shall give it more thoughts as I grow my plants here in Florida & how I can answer the rest of your questions about space.

Thank you & member's for your concerns/words & all your super contributions to your Monte Carlo Family...I must get back to work. I have duties to perform b-4 I get to ReCharge or rest my body/mind/spirit/computer

Peace/Love/Happiness/Respect
to all from `Space

Attached Thumbnails ~~>`Space Junk ~~> No one cares ?-funcharge.jpg  

Last edited by Space; 08-19-2012 at 09:20 AM.
Old 08-19-2012, 04:27 AM

Hi `Member's, my off topic on space continue's, because I know not where it ends ? Do you ?

Below are a few selected video's to view `if you enjoy living on planet earth or enjoy your space. You need the earth to be able to drive your Chevy Monte Carlo, & everyone needs their own `space 4-Sure...The last video is about when Time will `End ? Do you have the time to view it ? If you do, please check it `out , if not go back 2 your own space while you still have time . I hope that someone enjoys...
How can you ever get bored `if you are fortunate to `be connected to the World Wide `Web & beyond..I hope that you enjoy the below;

Earth at night seen from space
<- Click 2 Enjoy (3min's)
----------------------------------

Welcome to Planet Earth
(A beautiful short vid of the Planet that you live & enjoy `life. Take a short break & check out the beauty out there
< Click 2 EnJoy (3 minutes)

---------------------------------------
20 light years from earth, star gliese 581, it's about the same age as our sun. . . And orbiting it, this planet. It's just the right distance from it's Star, any closer water would boil away and further, it would freeze, ideal conditions for life to have evolved. And if comets have struck, delivering water and organic materials, then life, complex beings like us, even civizations like our own, could be down there, right now... And if they are even at this distance, they could be tuning into our radio signals, watching Television shows 20 years ago. . . But until future generations can figure out how to communicate over these vast distances, all we can do is speculate. Us and them, living patrallel lives, unaware of eachothers existence. Unless life has been and gone, that's the problem with comets they are creators and destroyers, as the dinosaurs found out the hard way 65 millions of years ago. This is the neettle in the cosmic hay stack. The closest we've come to a habitable solar system like our own.
Category:

Education

Below vid is ~> (2:22)
< Click 2 explore/enjoy

========================================
The CGI or computer animated drama/documentary takes place on Darwin IV, a planet 6.5 light years from earth, with 2 suns and 60% of Earth's gravity. Having identified Darwin as a world that could support life, Earth sends a pilot mission consisting of the Mothership Von Braun and three probes: Balboa, Da Vinci, and Newton. This robotic fleet is responsible for finding and assessing any life forms on Darwin IV. Initially, the expectation is to find microscopic life, but the probes soon find themselves in the middle of a developed ecosystem teeming with diversity of life of all sizes. The drama on Darwin IV is motivated by real science missions, such as the NASA Origins Program and the NASA / JPL Planet-Finder Mission, as well as the European Space Agency's Darwin Project. "Alien Planet " is a cosmic expedition along side Stephen Hawking, Michio Kaku, Jack Horner, Craig Venter, and George Lucas...
Category:

Education
<~ Click (1hr+)

==================================
When Will Time End? Really, do you know ? Do you care ? Do you want to learn more ? Click below link to find `out ?
Watch this and other space videos at SpaceRip Top Videos | SpaceRip

It now seems that our entire universe is living on borrowed time. How long it can survive depends on whether Stephen Hawking's theory checks out. Special thanks to Ivan Bridgewater for use of footage.

Time is flying by on this busy, crowded planet... as life changes and evolves from second to second.

And yet the arc of human lifespan is getting longer: 65 years is the global average ... way up from just 20 in the Stone Age.

Modern science, however, provides a humbling perspective. Our lives... indeed the life span of the human species... is just a blip compared to the age of the universe, at 13.7 billion years and counting.

It now seems that our entire universe is living on borrowed time...

And that even it may be just a blip within the grand sweep of deep time.

Scholars debate whether time is a property of the universe... or a human invention.

What's certain is that we use the ticking of all kinds of clocks... from the decay of radioactive elements to the oscillation of light beams... to chart and measure a changing universe... to understand how it works and what drives it.

Our own major reference for the passage of time is the 24-hour day... the time it takes the Earth to rotate once. Well, it's actually 23 hours, 56 minutes and 4.1 seconds... approximately... if you're judging by the stars, not the sun.

Earth acquired its spin during its birth, from the bombardment of rocks and dust that formed it.

But it's gradually losing that rotation to drag from the moon's gravity.

That's why, in the time of the dinosaurs, a year was 370 days... and why we have to add a leap second to our clocks about every 18 months.

In a few hundred million years, we'll gain a whole hour.

The day-night cycle is so reliable that it has come to regulate our internal chemistry.

The fading rays of the sun, picked up by the retinas in our eyes, set our so-called "circadian rhythms" in motion.

That's when our brains begin to secrete melatonin, a hormone that tells our bodies to get ready for sleep. Long ago, this may have been an adaptation to keep us quiet and clear of night-time predators.

Finally, in the light of morning, the flow of melatonin stops. Our blood pressure spikes... body temperature and heart rate rise as we move out into the world.

Over the days ... and years... we march to the beat of our biology.

But with our minds, we have learned to follow time's trail out to longer and longer intervals.

Philosophers have wondered... does time move like an arrow... with all the phenomena in nature pushing toward an inevitable end?

Or perhaps, it moves in cycles that endlessly repeat... and even perhaps restore what is there?

We know from precise measurements that the Earth goes around the sun once every 365.256366 days.

As the Earth orbits, with each hemisphere tilting toward and away from its parent star, the seasons bring on cycles of life... birth and reproduction... decay and death.

Only about one billionth of the Sun's energy actually hits the Earth. And much of that gets absorbed by dust and water vapor in the upper atmosphere.

What does make it down to the surface sets many planetary processes in motion.

You can see it in the annual melting and refreezing of ice at the poles... the ebb and flow of heat in the tropical oceans...

The seasonal cycles of chlorophyll production in plants on land and at sea... and in the biosphere at large.

These cycles are embedded in still longer Earth cycles.

Ocean currents, for example, are thought to make complete cycles ranging from four to around sixteen centuries.

Moving out in time, as the Earth rotates on its axis, it completes a series of interlocking wobbles called Milankovic cycles every 23 to 41,000 years.

They have been blamed for the onset of ice ages about every one hundred thousand years.

Then there's the carbon cycle. It begins with rainfall over the oceans and coastal waves that pull carbon dioxide into the sea.
Category:

< Click to find `out when Time Ends ? (21 Min's of your time) Do you have the time ? What if ?

* Member's/Friends, `if you find the time in your life to watch the above video I think that you will find it very interesting & revealing. It's a super put 2gether video & I hope that you share it with others concerned about Time & Life. I believe it's worth everyone's time to watch & enjoy..Thank You for reading...I wish you a great Time = `Life 4-Sure
EnJoy your `Journey ~> your `Life

Yes, sometimes, many times we have to find the `Time to learn about Time/Life. "To Master Time is to Master `Life & extract the most from the `time that we are granted"
I wish you a happy `time on Planet `Earth..

Last edited by Space; 08-19-2012 at 06:54 AM.
Old 08-20-2012, 09:37 AM

Hi Member's,
I shall cease the topic of this subject because it is in to deep of outer space for others to be concerned , but it did fill in some empty space on the MCF

I was hoping for a reply from `Angie (?), and `if I answered her questions from & about `space ?

I shall depart & wish everyone a happy in their own space..
EnJoy your Journey of Life....What `if ?
`Space outa here...Peace/Out

Old 08-21-2012, 07:19 AM

Yes, Space, you answered most of my questions. I still don't understand how someone as young as you could be so wise - perhaps that's the deepest mystery of Space.....

Old 08-21-2012, 07:53 AM
Smile "Be Happy to `be" <~> 4-$ure !

Yes, Space, you answered most of my questions. I still don't understand how someone as young as you could be so wise - perhaps that's the deepest mystery of Space.....

Hi `Angie, & thank you for your post, your words.

I don't think I'm so wise & there is so much about life & our universe that I don't know. I don't think I could learn everything that I'd like to know in my lifetime, but I do enjoy learning 4-Sure.

I must give the majority of credit to my grandfather & to his senior citizen friends that home-schooled me & my beachbum `friends through our lives. They did not just teach, but shared their experiences & the wisdom that they have gained on their journey's of life. Their backgrounds, education, travels & experiences were vast & their shared their time, their life to teach us. They did not just speak what they knew, but shared real life experiences...They all spoke `true & walked their talk. I am so thankful to all of them & I truly love them `all. They were strict, but fair...We lived our days being taught on our isolated beach on the Atlantic Ocean.
*also we got connected to the web about 9 years ago &
I'm so thankful..I've learned so much about our world & beyond on the Web, plus so much about people from around our planet; the good, bad & ugly.
We read & did not watch T.V. that often..I still don't, because I rather be outside living life when I have any free time. I do believe that I was taught/learned & paid attention in my life & to seek out the best from my human journey.

We did not get a free ride, and were taught that if we wanted anything in life (?), that we were going to have to give `up to get it. There was no free lunch or ride. We studied & worked hard on various jobs & had to study, but we also found time to play. The beach was our playground. I miss those days so much.

I hope that I've clarified my position on being young & wise... I don't feel wise & find that I am in constant search of answers to millions of questions.

Thank your for your concerns about my space life on planet `earth.

I know I've posted voluminous volumes of words/pictures/vid's on this thread topic & it got a lot of hits & I hope a few member's enjoyed it.
I hope that a few members that did not want to read all my words, did click a few of the awesome vid's that are contained on this thread. I also hope that it inspired someone to get involved to make things better for `all
in our country, and in our world...Plus it adds activity on the MCF...

WoW, to much space coffee during my night shift (LOL)
Peace/Love/Happiness/Respect to `all.

Bonus vid below

Show title: Journey to the Edge of the Universe | National Geographic Science & Technology
Click 2 EnJoy

Last edited by Space; 08-21-2012 at 09:59 AM.
Old 08-21-2012, 12:03 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Sad for sure. Is it the nature of man to always trashout his surroundings? I neve realized the magnitude of this issue.

Old 08-22-2012, 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by Tadcaster
Sad for sure. Is it the nature of man to always trashout his surroundings? I neve realized the magnitude of this issue.

Hi `Tadd, & thanks for your post. Yes, many do not have the time in their life to realize the magnitude of this problem, or the many problems confronting our country, our world or our `space.

I understand 4-Sure. We are all so busy just trying to survive our human journey's.

I created this thread to fill in some empty `space & also give member's something to read if they found nothing else of interest on the MCF. I know that we are a automotive forum, but we also need space to drive our Monte Carlo's.

I post this type of information in our MCF "Off Topic" section, where there are subjects where just about anything goes (as long as it can be read by any family & not be offensive).
I know I use this subject as a platform for many of my interest, or attempt to share topic's that maybe of interest to our membership. Sometimes I succeed, and sometimes I don't.

<TABLE class=tborder border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center itxtNodeId="315" itxtHarvested="0"><TBODY id=collapseobj_forumbit_20 itxtNodeId="370" itxtHarvested="0"><TR align=center itxtNodeId="388" itxtHarvested="0"><TD id=f5 class=alt1Active align=left itxtNodeId="451" itxtHarvested="0">Off Topic (44 Viewing)
A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

</TD><TD class=alt2 itxtNodeId="450" itxtHarvested="0"> Member's BLOG: Wednesday, August 22nd 2012
by Space

Today 07:09 AM

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
There's a lot of information contained in this thread & I don't know how many member's really took the time to read it or watched the video's ? There are a lot of hits on this thread by member's, but they may have just been curious to see what it was all about, & once they seen what it was, they departed back to their space. I do hope that some found it interesting & informative...It took a lot of my time (Life) to create, but it is about space & it's so vast & never `Ending ? 4-Sure

Wish everyone a Happy in the `Space they are living on Planet `Earth ..the `End

Last edited by Space; 08-22-2012 at 07:30 AM.
Old 08-23-2012, 04:42 AM
Smile "Be Happy 2 `be Free 2`be 4-Sure"

Below are two great vid's of North America
taken on Planet `Earth
EnJoy
Top 10 North America Scenic Drives - Washington State
^ click 2 view ^

The Most Beautiful Places In World-North America
^ click 2 view ^
=================================
YouTube Road Trip - Washington, Oregon

Last edited by Space; 08-23-2012 at 04:46 AM.