Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

~~>`Space Junk ~~> No one cares ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 04:28 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Unhappy ~~>`Space Junk ~~> No one cares ?

Hi Member's,

Posted for your information `if you care about `Space ? or `Junk ? or anything ?,
or if you are just bored & need something different to read ? I hope I'm not wasting your time or space

(Sorry, sometimes, I can't control myself : ) I just know our Sponsor's like 2 see activity on the sites they support & I was running out of topic's/threads to start...so, below is what you get 4 now or 4-ever ? One never knows what lurks in our 2morrow's 4-Sure What I don't know, do U ? Who, me ~> ...I don't know 4-Sure ?

To me, it's a very sad `Story/article/news. 4-Real...

It was posted first back in 2007, but no one listened, & countries are still filling our outer space with `JUNK
( Ok, they are also filling Planet `Earth with junk also * Have you seen some of the junk on the roads/fields/thrash yards etc ) There's Junk everywhere!

I think they are try'in 2 block me from gett'in back home ? The USA just invested $2.5 Billion to send a machine to Planet `Mars (?) (in case we all have to move there ? What ? Yes what `if ? Now that would `be a Trip 4-Sure...Whose gona `go 1st ? I do hope we can fix planet Earth & our country, b-4 we have to find another planet to mess `Up....What ?

Just look @ all the junk below that is
circling planet `Earth WoW

Yes, it's out there 4-Sure
The picture above shows space junk being tracked by NORAD radar
This is one of the most depressing pieces of news I've read in awhile. It means the beginning of the end for space travel, and possibly global cooling. The New York Times reports in an article on the amount of space junk in Earth Orbit that we may be past a point of no return.
According to NASA officials, the amount of discarded rocket and satellite debris we’ve put into Low Earth Orbit is at critical levels. Recently nearly 1000 new pieces resulting from testing the new Chinese anti-satellite weapon put the amount of space debris that is track-able, at over 10,000 pieces, and there may well be 100′s of thousands of smaller bits. With that much space junk, its now only a matter of time before collisions between two large objects (like a couple of old rocket boosters) will start an uncontrollable cascade of new collisions.
The litter is now so bad that, even if space-faring nations refrained from further interference, collisions would continue to create more clutter just above our atmosphere. It is like a nuclear fission chain reaction, with each bit of junk crashing into another breaks off dozens more bits, which careen in new orbits, eventually becoming a cloud of metallic debris like a shell around earth. As the bits get pulverized to smaller and smaller pieces, it may also become dense enough to start blocking a significant amount of sunlight. I’m not joking when I say it will solve the global warming problem, but it could also create a whole other series of climate problems too that may take centuries to solve.
Space debris is a very difficult problem to deal with, and some say its impossible. It will likely hinder future space exploration. Your kids and grandkids may never know the wonder of space exploration or even space tourism. It means the International Space station may come down, and the shuttle may never fly again if the problem gets worse.

Some may ask: “Why don’t we just put up a big net on a rocket and run it around gathering debris, and then burn it up in the atmosphere?”
It’s because of the huge velocities involved. All of it at least has orbital velocity, about 18,000 miles per hour. And much of it is going in different and random orbits. To get an idea of the problem, try designing a catchers mitt that will catch an 18,000 mph fastball without it exploding into more bits and taking your arm off at the same time.
But at least some engineers are trying to design a way to solve the problem. Here is a Japanese sketch on the idea:

I’m not sure if its the “Rodan” or “Mothra” model. ;-)
Here are some facts about space junk:
In 1965, during the first American space walk, the Gemini 4 astronaut Edward White, lost a glove. For a month, the glove stayed on orbit with a speed of 28,000 km / h, becoming the most dangerous garment in history. It was the original “wardrobe malfunction”.
More than 200 objects, most of them rubbish bags, were released by the Mir space station during its first 10 years of operation.
Each year about 800 new objects are added, and roughly half that number plunge back down toward earth. The rest stays orbiting for years, and depending on the height of the obit, perhaps centuries.
Objects as small as soccer ***** can be tracked by NORAD radars, but much smaller and lighter fragments can present a hazard to travelers in space.
There are over 3100 spacecraft orbited around earth at this moment. Two thirds of them are inactive.
The most space debris created by a spacecraft’s destruction was due to the upper stage of a Pegasus rocket launched in 1994. It was dormant, but something went wrong in its near empty fuel tank later. Its explosion in 1996 generated a cloud of some 300,000 fragments bigger than 4 mm and 700 among them were big enough to be catalogued. This explosion alone doubled the Hubble Space Telescope collision risk.

On `no Hey `Homer, lets `go party...
What `if ?
ps. `Space, get out & get a `Life will `ya OK ~>

Attached Thumbnails ~~>`Space Junk ~~> No one cares ?-spaceracer.jpg  

Last edited by Space; 08-17-2012 at 04:27 AM. Reason: ~
Old 08-16-2012, 10:40 AM
Default > Deep Subject in Deep `Space

Well, this thread has been another waste of `space & time 4-Sure. No one cares (?) what's `up there floating around our planet Earth, or what's happening on it How do you plan on transporting your
Monte Carlo to Mar's ? or somespace else ?

I know, we are to busy , just try'in 2 survive in this crazy, fast paced life that we are living until we all fade`out & away "From `dust 2 `dust" WoW...Here one minute, gone the next Oh, `no

..Good bye `Space, you never really belonged here anyway Please go back to your own space....Please

^Good `bye & thank you for everything I've learned from humans being
human 4-Sure...One can not learn this in college, but from life's experiences
and being a member on the MCF (LOL)

Last edited by Space; 08-16-2012 at 10:52 AM.
Old 08-16-2012, 11:45 AM

That picture of all the junk flying around in space makes me sad... wish they could find a way to clean it all up. And I don't mean smashing 2 satellite's together like the Chinese did last year i think? Creating even more little pieces of junk up there..

Old 08-16-2012, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by blueSS
That picture of all the junk flying around in space makes me sad... wish they could find a way to clean it all up. And I don't mean smashing 2 satellite's together like the Chinese did last year i think? Creating even more little pieces of junk up there..

Thanks `BlueSS, you are the 1st member to post on this thread & post that it also makes you sad also..I thought I was all alone in my space.

For your post you win a `free trip to any space that you can afford to `go Oh, please don't litter ~> LOL

I know I make light on this topic, but I really believe it is a problem that we `all will be affected in our lifetime, and our children's life & beyond. I pray that we can get leader's that can resolve the many problems in our country/world.

I must go rest now & go on my recharge (rest) 4 I must work again 2night, so that I can pay my taxes to support our government & all their programs to help themselves become more wealthy.

^ * * *"Why did it `End Daddy" ? ^ ^ ^ "They did not care or were greedy or both"

Last edited by Space; 08-16-2012 at 01:42 PM.
Old 08-16-2012, 07:44 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

As long as none of that junk falls on us or our Monte Carlos we'll be okay.

Old 08-17-2012, 03:54 AM

Originally Posted by lougreen03
As long as none of that junk falls on us or our Monte Carlos we'll be okay.

LoL `Lou, I can always count on you to post something in one of my crazy threads Thank you for always helping & contributing to keep our MCF forum active.

"Member's, protect your Monte's
The End is coming ? Oh `no....run, run (lol)

ps. How much `Junk do U have ? How much `Time
do you have remaining ? One really never knows
What are you doing to make it better ? (I ask myself) ?
What `if "EnJoy your `Now 4-Sure" Peace/Out

Don't worry, it will never happen ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
Party `Now Just in case ?

Last edited by Space; 08-17-2012 at 04:31 AM.
Old 08-17-2012, 04:27 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

With all the junk floating around in space, it's probably better that we didn't think about it. Or we'd be paranoid of falling debris all the time. I do think it should be cleaned up somehow.

Old 08-17-2012, 04:39 AM

Hello `Lou (Taz), thanks for your post & adding to the activity. I do hope we can find a way to clean space `up...
(I don't think a junk yard above planet `Earth is good for anyone), or our future for space exploration.

I guess what we can't see with our human eyes, don't really bother `us, but many would sure `be pizzed if it landed on their Monte or themselves I do think a good start would be to clean up our own space & get rid of the junk, crime and the BAD. That would be a good start or

No more problems 4 anyone ?

Last edited by Space; 08-17-2012 at 04:43 AM.
Old 08-17-2012, 05:13 AM

<TABLE style="WIDTH: 1px" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD></TD><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: lightgray 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: lightgray 1px solid; PADDING-BOTTOM: 10px; MARGIN-TOP: 10px; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; PADDING-RIGHT: 10px; BORDER-TOP: lightgray 1px solid; BORDER-RIGHT: lightgray 1px solid; PADDING-TOP: 10px; font-color: #444444">This computer-generated image shows objects (white dots) currently being tracked in low Earth orbit, which is the most concentrated area for orbital debris.
CREDIT: NASA

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
This story was updated at 6:27 p.m. EDT. <?xml:namespace prefix = o /><o:p></o:p>
Space junk continues to clutter the friendly cosmic skies, posing threats to satellites and spacecraft, with scientists working to identify which bits of orbital rubbish to pluck from the heavens first. But a new study suggests they're fighting an uphill battle.
New research on changes in the Earth's upper atmosphere suggests space debris could remain in orbit for longer than expected.

What goes `up, must come down ?

090427-debris-chart-02.jpg Credit: NASAThis NASA chart shows the historical growth of man-made space debris around Earth since 1960.

Last edited by Space; 08-17-2012 at 05:42 AM.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:05 AM

Hi Member's,
Why am I posting this thread ?
To infor everyone to get involved and help make our planet, our country, our world better for you, your family, friends & your Monte Carlo...For our future...

I think we should be taking care of ourselves, our families, our country first, before we go `off in2 space.

I love `space & would love to explore it, but I think we should all take care of our home first b-4 we keep spending $'s that we don't have ? Your Thoughts ?

<TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" class=ts><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=2>Planet Earth Remix, Earth Problems - YouTube < click 2 watch short vid March 1, 2008 (less then 4 minutes of your life)
Mar 1, 2008 - ^* Note; there are some great other vid's to check out
on the above YouTube link once connected... `if you are interested..Check them `out if you have the time, if you still have a `life here on planet earth ?

Earth was beautiful, but we has corrupted it . I really do hope this video can let people know that our planet is hurting ...
I hope this thread makes you think, makes you`act, makes you get involved to protect yourself, your family & mother earth...I just share, cause I care.
I hope others care also ? do you ?
I don't know `if it's all going to end someday, but what `if ? Your turn
That's `all 4 now from `Space

I'm off 2 save the World Oh, where do I start ? Maybe here on the MCF ? lol

<TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 8px; PADDING-TOP: 4px" vAlign=top width=1><TD style="PADDING-TOP: 1px" vAlign=top>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Last edited by Space; 08-17-2012 at 10:22 AM.

Quick Reply: ~~>`Space Junk ~~> No one cares ?