Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes : )
80.00%
No...Never : (
5.00%
Sometimes : (
15.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

~ Do you wear your Seat Belt in your Monte Carlo ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 01:38 PM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default ~ Do you wear your Seat Belt in your Monte Carlo ?

[align=center]Why Do you think wearing a seat belt is smart ?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I know... I know, call on me Professor `Space[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Please post why you think it's important to wear your Seat Belt. Tell your story of those that didn't : ([/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Click below to go to Darren's `Zipsayin post on[/align][align=center]how he got a ticket for not wearing one ?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][:-]Click onLink [:-][/align][align=center]https://montecarloforum.com/m_38616/tm.htm[/align]

Old 06-04-2007, 01:57 PM
Default RE: ~ Do you wear your Seat Belt in your Monte Carlo ?

I don't feel right without it.My parents' neighbor was the local fire and ambulance chief for years.He was on the scene at hundreds of accidents over the years,many with fatalaties,and he always said he never had to pull a dead person out of a seat belt.

Old 06-04-2007, 02:23 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Same here, It feels weird without it

Old 06-04-2007, 02:45 PM

[align=center]It's your Choice ?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Preacher `Space [/align][align=center]I share, cause I care...[/align][align=center]I hope the `no voter(s) read the below & I hope it makes you paranoid[/align][align=center]& re-consider `click'in it B -4 it's 2 late[X(][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]It's 2 late when it's allover : ([/align][align=center]`Space[/align][align=center][:-][][X(][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Seat Belts are the best protection in a car accident.

Failure to wear a seat belt contributes to more fatalities than any other single traffic safety-related behavior. 63% of people killed in accidents are not wearing seat belts. Wearing a seat belt use is still the single most effective thing we can do to save lives and reduce injuries on America's roadways.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Data suggests that education alone is not doing the job with young people, especially males ages 16 to 25 ­ the age group least likely to buckle up. They simply do not believe they will be injured or killed. Yet they are the nation's highest-risk drivers, with more drunk driving, more speeding, and more crashes. Neither education nor fear of injury or death is strong enough to motivate this tough-to-reach group.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Rather, it takes stronger seat belt laws and high visibility enforcement campaigns to get them to buckle up.[/align][align=center]Seat belts are the most effective safety devices in vehicles today, estimated to save 9,500 lives each year. Yet only 68 percent of the motor vehicle occupants are buckled. In 1996, more than 60 percent of the occupants killed in fatal crashes were unrestrained.[/align][align=center]If 90 percent of Americans buckle up, we will prevent more than 5,500 deaths and 132,000 injuries annually.[/align][align=center]The cost of unbuckled drivers and passengers goes beyond those killed and the loss to their families. We all pay for those who don't buckle up ­ in higher taxes, higher health care and higher insurance costs.[/align][align=center]On average, inpatient hospital care costs for an unbelted crash victim are 50 percent higher than those for a belted crash victim. Society bears 85 percent of those costs, not the individuals involved. Every American pays about $580 a year toward the cost of crashes. If everyone buckled up, this figure would drop significantly.[/align][align=center]By reaching the goal of 90 percent seat belt use, and 25 percent reduction in child fatalities, we will save $8.8 billion annually.[/align][align=center]
[/align][align=center]
[color=#0c0c0c][b]Car Accident Picture Galleries>>

[font=arial]Pictures of Head-On Collisions >>[/

Old 06-04-2007, 02:57 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

one of my friends was in an accident where the truck went into the ditch and rolled onto its side then slid into a tree @ about 60-80km/h and if he was wearing his seat belt he would have been dead because he wouldn't have been able to lie on the seat

so no i dont usually wear mine

Old 06-04-2007, 03:27 PM

In the miltary it was law long before it came a law in most states that you have to wear seatbelts.

With my dad and mom working for the miltary ever since I was a kid we had to wear them.
So I have never thought about not wearing them......
They may not always save a life, you might get an injury with using them.
The way I look at it, I might get injured using them but its better then going though a windshield or side window of a car.....
Its just like air bags..... is it good not to have or have air bags......

Here is one thing you can do if you get pulled over with a newer car....... Call on star they can tell you if you belt is hooked up or not.....
So if you want proof use them.....

Old 06-04-2007, 03:42 PM

ORIGINAL: Mrrench

Here is one thing you can do if you get pulled over with a newer car....... Call on star they can tell you if you belt is hooked up or not.....
So if you want proof use them.....
HI Michael -Mrrench -,
Thanks for your post & information. I didn't know that OnStar
had that information. Thanks 4 Sharing...Another advantage
of hav'in Big Brother OnStar monitoring all our moves.
I wonder if OnStar can tell you've been drinking or
that someone is smok'in something illegal in
your OnStar equiped Monte Carlo.
Sniff/Vision : )

Old 06-04-2007, 07:13 PM

[align=center][:-][:-][/align][align=center]Oh-Oh[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]
[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]They all wished that they would've buckled `up [X(][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align]

Old 06-05-2007, 12:39 AM

Yep I almost always have my belt on. Since I have to wear it at work it is just a habit to put it on.

Mike.

Old 06-05-2007, 06:29 AM

ORIGINAL: wiz kidd

one of my friends was in an accident where the truck went into the ditch and rolled onto its side then slid into a tree @ about 60-80km/h and if he was wearing his seat belt he would have been dead because he wouldn't have been able to lie on the seat

so no i dont usually wear mine
Mod Wiz, Your friend was very lucky, butI believe that is the exception to the rule.
The stat's are in favor of wearing seat belts vs. not wearing them.
I hope thatyou re-consider the use of them.
You have a family to take care of and they & the MCF wants to keep you around
for some reason. Please do some research on the subject:
Talk 2 the wrecker operator's in your area,
The police accident investigator's
Look @ the Facts/Jack
The Mounted Police : )

Quick Reply: ~ Do you wear your Seat Belt in your Monte Carlo ?