Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

[Politics] What do you stand for?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2011, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by KidSpace

Hi `Duane,
Or it could make people think/act & try to make it better for all on planet `Earth..."We the people are the ones that have elected the people that represent us" - "We the people `if united can remove the bad ones that aren't doing what is best for the majority of the people"

Maybe if everyone got involved and picked the right people, honest people then it would help make things better..
We need elected representatives that do not sell their souls for GREED or personal interests.

What are you doing to make it better ? ( I ask myself 2 ? )
But, what do I know, I'm just a `kid from some space/place

OK, your turn to hit some keys...Thanks `Duane for your insightful post : )

Hi Space; unfortunately your theory is flawed. The rich and the powerful control the political system and they also control the media. We only get to vote for the corrupt puppets that they already control. The elections are a farse and are rigged. I think the only reason we still have elections is so the people won't revolt against the government because many believe we vote these self serving idiots into office. When the election doesn't go their way they manipulate the results. Look at both of the George Bush elections. There were irregularities in Florida for the first and Ohio for the second. With the Obama election we never heard of him until 18 month before the election and then he is the nominee. Where did that come from? Hillary Clinton should have been the nominee. Prior to that Howard Dean was the front runner and the media made him look like a clown. I want a fair election without all the manipulation and without the big money. We need to cap spending. I heard that the last election that didn't have big money involved was the Carter-Reagan election in 1980.

Old 09-22-2011, 03:42 PM

Hi Gregg,
I may not agree with your thinking, but I do respect your right to have your opinion. You stated that my theory is wrong

Well, where's the hard proof ? Seriously ? Are you implying that the majority of Americans are sheep-people or sheeple (LOL),& that everyone is naive and just follows blindly the leaders of our country ?

I think if there was hardcore proof, that there would be a rebellion by the people 4-Sure...Do you believe everyone in elected office is dishonest ? (I sure hope not) I shall await your evidence to your claims..Thanks!
Who else believes as you ? How many ? Where did you get your information ? facts?

I enjoy reading what falls out of your mind, and your posted thoughts...Again, I do respect your opinions, even though they are different then mine...Thank you for your contributions to this subject & creating activity on the MCF
I believe the below
<INPUT src="http://0.tqn.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/j/Y/3/liberty-justice-talking.jpg" type=image>
..............4-$ure------->

Last edited by Space; 09-22-2011 at 04:12 PM.