Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

* Happy to be Alive * Reasons ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 10:38 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Lightbulb * Happy to be Alive * Reasons ?

Member's, please add to the below list...
Thanks `YOU

50 Reasons Why You Should Be Happy To Be Alive

Post written by `You

Life is your gift, open it.

Life can be tricky.
Life can be sticky.
Life can be fun. Life can be sad. But one thing is for sure, life changes like the weather, and we can either “go with the flow” or fight it.
In today’s society, with a plethora of stimulation from the fast-paced life that surrounds us, chock full of stress and demands, I think many of us simply question…how can I even be happy to be alive? We may say to ourselves that life seems more about simple survival than it is about truly living and being happy.
So, please think about reasons why all of us & your especially should be happy to be alive. We all need a reminder sometimes ?. Who knows? In any case, I hope you enjoy the below list created below. I feel that somewhere in the list of 50 reasons you should be happy to be alive you may see…yourself. Or, see something or feel something you may have not felt before or clearly seen. Maybe it is a wake-up call to your soul/mind/spirit. Whatever it is, I hope something in the list sparks your inner happiness and makes you realize it is good to be a human being…and to not take for granted this one thing we all currently have…being alive. No one is guaranteed a 2-morrow 4-Sure On `no We must live our NOW
It's so much better then the alternative below "I'm not ready 4-Sure" but,
WHAT `if ?

50 Reasons Why You Should Be Happy To Be Alive

1. You are unique, and no one else in the entire universe is just like you are. Aren't you happy that there's only one MCF Space
1a. Owning & Driving a AweSome Chevy Monte Carlo 4-Sure
2. Someone deeply loves you, more than you know.
3. You can change your life, it is never too late.
4. Without life, you can not feel love or give love. It is one of the greatest gifts of living.
5. You have the chance to be creative.
6. You can experience being a father or mother or just a good `friend They are more precious then Gold..
7. You can learn a new hobby.
8. You can feel how good it feels to simply laugh or make someone laugh...
9. You can discover new friends and new people, and learn from them. Here on the MCF or in Life.
10. You can experience and enjoy eating, sleeping…and a close relationship.
11. You can try something new, anytime you want. "Be the driver of your Life"
12. Someone you love depends on you.
13. Even when you have a bad day, you never know what can happen the next day…or in the next moment. Life can turn on a dime or in a heartbeat...
14. You can sit and play in the rain, like you did as a child. If you didn't, you need to try it. Or go do some donut's with your Monte
15. You can turn your passion into your work. Like detailing your Monte Carlo etc.
16. You can enjoy and love having a new dog, cat, or any animal you may take interest in. Or even another human being ?
17. You can experience twilight on a summer evening…and do nothing more.
18. You can create something that can impact others. (Like a new Mod)
19. You can find something you love so much, that when you do it, you lose all track of time & get lost in outer space...
20. You can dance, sing, or …run a marathon.
21. You can finally overcome that one big fear of yours and really feel free. Go sky dive or other things you've always wanted to `do.
22. You can travel to other far places to give you a greater perspective on life outside your own world. Get a ticket on a Private space shuttle
23. You can be happy, because you were made and created just the way you are…for a reason. You don’t need to be anyone else. And put simply, you can’t be anyone else but you. Why resist that? "Be the best that you can `be"
24. Learn to stretch daily and see how it will make you feel happy. Or try yoga, walking, running etc.
25. You have a chance of living to be 100. Imagine how you would feel on THAT birthday! ~>Stoned (LOL)
26. You never know, this life may be it. ? Enjoy it fully. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't...Is there a Judgement Day 4-You ?
Oh `No, I better start being Good just in-case ?
27. You might discover that the biggest fear you have, may actually be a gift to make life more colorful for you.
28. You can enjoy pizza. Or a good beer or other things you like...Your Choice
29. You can lose yourself in things of beauty such as a musical masterpiece or a great novel, or super tunes...there are so many
30. You can enjoy a nap…with your favorite dog or cat or friend (Close Friend)
31. You can go a beach or local swim hole and feel like a kid again. Let lose/EnJoy
32. You can master a hobby such as magic tricks or playing an instrument, or a hobby that you always wanted to `do ?
33. You can experience the feeling of meeting someone `New & learning about their life.
34. You can build something that can last longer than you will.
35. You can be or do anything you want. There are no rules. You can make your own
36. You can learn the simple power of how meditation can make you feel happy and content. Or just get away & THINK ?
37. You can play in the snow/sand/yard.
38. Everyday you are one day closer to your death , once you don’t fear dying, you begin living.
39. You can enjoy your favorite food, or try new ones.
40. You may witness or experience a miracle.
41. You may create a miracle for someone.
42. It’s never too late to go back to school and learn something you have had passion about.
43. You can teach a person or a child something you are good at. It could change their life.
44. Something you do in 1, 2 or 10 years from now may make another person’s life much better.
45. If you are not in love, just know that person for you is out there…right now, alive in this world. You may meet them tomorrow, or in 5 years…but eventually your worlds are likely to collide.
46. You can discover how true, sustained silence is the greatest sound in the world.
47. You can stand on your head and ignite your inner child.
48. You can start a chain of reactions that will cause happiness in thousands of other people (or millions) by doing one simple action.
49. You can eliminate cell phones, computers, and other things that detach you from truly feeling yourself.
50. You can enjoy how good it feels to simply…breathe. It is your natural life force.
Let me ask you…
What makes YOU happy to be alive?

You might also like:

5 ways to break free from bad habits

Last edited by Space; 05-17-2012 at 11:56 AM.
Old 05-17-2012, 11:03 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Wow space some very good reasons 4-sure

maybe some of the same you listed but worded differently

Being a grand parent and hugging your child's children

Just being there for your spouse when she/he needs to vent or celebrate life's events

The warmth on yor face on a warm summer day while being outside

The first snow of the season while being in awe of the beauty of snow covered trees

The awsome colors of a fall color change.

There are so many more to list will leave some for others

Old 05-17-2012, 11:17 AM

Thanks `Tadd, for your post/words/contributions to our forum 4-Sure...I borrowed the above from the `web in hopes it reminds everyone to be thankful 2 `be....

Plus, I hope it's adds positive activity to our forum & our member's...There's just 2 much sadness in our World 2day & the above is just not a reminder to our member's, but to myself...I read the frustrations of many in their posts, and hope the above serves as a reminder...

I know that I'm not ready to leave planet `Earth yet & I constantly search for the positives in Life vs the negatives... I sure rather be happy then sad...don't you ?

Thanks you & all our contributing member's 4-Sure

I wish everyone Happiness on their `Journey of Life

Somewhere Over The Rainbow - Ray Charles - YouTube

Last edited by Space; 05-17-2012 at 11:19 AM.
Old 05-17-2012, 02:11 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

I always happy when I......
visit the Monte Carlo forum.
Read space's crazy posts.
spend a day with family and friends.
complete a difficult task or project.

Old 05-17-2012, 02:24 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Any day they are not shoveling dirt on your face is a good day. One needs to deeply reflect on a couple of personal things everyday and be grateful for what ever has come your way unless you like an axe murderer or something like that.

Here's Johnny!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-17-2012, 03:18 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by ZIPPY02
Any day they are not shoveling dirt on your face is a good day. One needs to deeply reflect on a couple of personal things everyday and be grateful for what ever has come your way unless you like an axe murderer or something like that.

Here's Johnny!!!!!!!!!!

I am happy Johnny is not my neihbor