Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

$ Investing in Classic Cars $

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 10:32 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 03JGMonte
They still make 69 camaros im working on one now

LoL, yes `Mike I know with reproduced bodies, but @ what cost ? At just about the cost of a new 2013 ZL`1 Camaro

I'd prefer to have a 69 Body on a new ZL`1, but I sure could not afford one..., but I bet it would be a lot lighter & faster then the new ones...

What classic muscle car would you want as a investment ?

Have you personally restored anyone classic car (rides)..If so, let us know...Look forward 2 your reply...

Old 10-17-2012, 03:30 PM

One of the things I like about the older pre 70 cars is that there is no cat converter, egr, or any other smog crap to deal with. Nothing like the sound of and old V8 with some nice mods and mufflers.

Plus I can do pretty much anything to them (e.g. rebuild the carb and other stuff) no computers like the BCM on our Montes to deal with and have to pay the dealer a fortune to fix.

Down side is no Antilock brakes, traction control, air bags, and other safety and performance features. In some case no power steering or brakes.

Old 10-17-2012, 04:02 PM
Smile

Hi `Joe & Member's,
That's what I love about rides from the late 50's -60's.
You could work on them & did not need all the tech equipment. And you didn't have to worry about power steering pumps, & all those luxury items you really don't need to have fun driving a real car LOL

Growing up one of the senior citizens had a 60 Corvette & I would always bug him when he was working on his `vette..

His was a 283ci/270HP/4speed/4:11 Posi & it was a blast to help him & go for rides...The Bum's & I use to fight to get to go 4 a ride in it...It was like the below one...The one below is a like his & had the 2-4's Carter's with progressive linkage...
I think it had a duntov cam because it had a super lobe & super high performance sounds...I loved `it 4-Sure..
I think he said he paid just over $4K brand new...He ordered it...Look what they are selling for now (below) WoW
<TABLE style="WIDOWS: 2; TEXT-TRANSFORM: none; TEXT-INDENT: 0px; LETTER-SPACING: normal; FONT: medium 'Times New Roman'; WHITE-SPACE: normal; ORPHANS: 2; COLOR: rgb(0,0,0); WORD-SPACING: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px" border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=770><TBODY><TR><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: justify; LINE-HEIGHT: 22px; FONT-FAMILY: Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif; COLOR: rgb(0,0,0); FONT-SIZE: 14px" class=Description vAlign=top rowSpan=4 colSpan=3 align=left>
1055D..1960 Corvette Convertible Hardtop, 283-270 hp, (2x4's), 4 speed, numbers match and we believe the real deal. Horizon Blue paint with Black interior. Body-on restored with new paint, interior, tires, and newer exhaust. Straight body with rust-free frame. Optioned with auxiliary hardtop, T-10 transmission, 3.70 posi, AM radio, dual fours, off road exhaust, courtesy light, heater, seat belts, hubcaps, and 6.70x15" wide white tires. Most all factory correct type components including trunk mat, trunk liner, rebound straps, shifter, shielding, air cleaner, generator, spark plug shields, hoses, hose clamps, fuel filter, guide Y-50 mirror, owners manual, and sales brochure. Previously owned since 1970. Looks, runs, and drives excellent. CC:2 $69,995.00

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Classic Corvette for Sale • 1960 • 1055D
Click to see/read more on the above vette

Old 10-17-2012, 06:28 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Originally Posted by Space

LoL, yes `Mike I know with reproduced bodies, but @ what cost ? At just about the cost of a new 2013 ZL`1 Camaro

I'd prefer to have a 69 Body on a new ZL`1, but I sure could not afford one..., but I bet it would be a lot lighter & faster then the new ones...

What classic muscle car would you want as a investment ?

Have you personally restored anyone classic car (rides)..If so, let us know...Look forward 2 your reply...
Im not sure how much itll cost total lol, i want a 70 hemi challenger or cuda lol & i have yet to restore an old car but i deff want to, i have done some patch work on alot of em though

Old 10-18-2012, 04:24 AM

Thanks `Mike for your reply..^ Great Muscle ride to
have & rebuild...Hope your dreams come true, but I
know if you wanted one, you would get it & make it bad...

I also like the below ($180K) WoW
<!-- InstanceEndEditable -->
<!-- InstanceBeginEditable name="EditRegion4" -->1038D..1967 Corvette Convertible, two tops, 427-435 hp, 4 speed, numbers matching original motor, also has factory original body/trim tag, 36,424 actual miles. Marina Blue paint with Black stinger, Black interior, and Black soft top. Original paint, interior, motor, transmission, and rear end in excellent condition. Bloomington Gold certified in 2005. These original unmolested cars are among the rarest of rare and are rising to the top of the Corvette food chain. Optioned with transistorized ignition, black vinyl auxiliary hardtop, M-21, 4.11 posi, F-41 special heavy duty suspension, SS brakes, AM/FM radio, off road exhaust, tinted windshield, rallys, and 7.75x15" white stripe tires. Most all factory correct type components including the spare, jack, jack tools, clear floor mats, shocks, seat belts, washer system, shifter, shielding, braided wires, air cleaner, alternator, spark plug shields, hoses, hose clamps, exhaust heat shields, gas door assembly, warranty book, owners manual, sales brochure, and T-3 headlights. Documented with the tank sticker, owners manual packet, owner history, copy of original title, Bloomington certificate, and judging sheets. Also has a shipping data report with a production date of March 27th, 1967 and delivered new by Malcolm Konner Chevrolet of Paramus, NJ (dealer code 184 in zone 35) per the official NCRS/GM Shipping Data Records (SDR). Looks, runs, and drives excellent. $180,000.00

Last edited by Space; 10-18-2012 at 05:16 AM.