Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

$-How High/Gas Prices-$ ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 01:02 AM
Default RE: `How High will it Go ?

3.55 in sacramento

Old 11-11-2007, 05:34 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

ORIGINAL: thesheriff50

$3.55 in sacramento
[X(] [X(] [X(] [X(] [X(] [X(] [X(]
Everything is going `up, except my paycheck [X(]

Old 11-11-2007, 05:58 AM
Default RE: $-How High/Gas Prices-$ ?

[align=center]Top 10 Green Cars for MCF Members : )

[:-]: Interesting Tuner Car Article, plus Preventive Maintenance article [:-][/align][align=center][:-][/align][*][align=center]Tuner Cars How 2 `be a Ricer : )[/align][*][align=center]Road Trip Cars aaah Road Trip'in Rides : )[/align][*][align=center]Cars For 16-Year-Olds or Member `Chris : ) [/align][*][align=center]Preventive Car Maintenance [/align][*][align=center]6 Cars With Great Residual Value Wish I had one : )[/align][ul][align=center][/align][/ul]
[ul][align=center][/align][/ul][align=center]
[/align][/align][/align][/align]

Giddy environmentalists are chanting "We told you so!" with greater frequency than normal. It's not because the Hummer H2 is rumored to be endangered, it's not about saving the threatened yellow-legged dung beetle of Easter Island, and it isn't even about the president's motorcade running out of gas (although that would be hysterical). Instead, our earth-amorous friends are saying this because green cars are great ideas for more of us than ever before. Even Ferrari is hinting at developing a green car (well, green by Ferrari standards) with its FXX Mille-Chili engineering and design study.

Having said that, we figured it was time for a look at our favorite green cars, which means a rundown of the least-polluting cars with the highest mileage. We threw out discontinued and hiatus models plus concept cars. The green cars on this list are production models currently on the road, even if in limited numbers. And they're not just eco-friendly or hybrids and alt-fuels with good mileage and low emissions. No, to make the cut these cars also needed to be good cars that drivers could actually get excited about. Where does your favorite green car place?

[/align]

See 2008 Porsche Cayman Photos

[/align]10: 2008 Porsche Cayman
MPG: 29 highway/ 20 city

Now, before you even take a breath in protest, the EPA rates the 2008 5-speed model at 29 mpg highway. And yes, the emissions are also respectable. You were about to say? We're not always inclined to lust after closed cars more than their open counterparts, but it's a tough call with
Porsche. Beyond a hardtop Boxster, the Cayman has its own personality. With subservient road manners in the city and surprisingly decent mileage on the open road, it begs for consideration as a daily driver.

[/align]

See 2008 Mini Cooper Photos

[/align][/align]9: 2008 Mini Cooper
MPG: 40 highway/ 32 city

Despite a recent redo inside and out, the Mini Cooper doesn't get 200 mpg on hamburger grease and HAL isn't riding under the hood judiciously alternating power between batteries and engine. Heck, the car isn't even designed to cater specifically to the green crowd. Nope, the
Mini Cooper[b] is just a fun car that happens to be green. You'll notice that our No. 9 car is not the turbocharged "S" model; even

Old 11-11-2007, 06:28 AM

I wish cars ran on farts ...
I could just fart in my tank and go miles and miles ..

Old 11-11-2007, 02:42 PM

I'm betting $4 a gal soon.

Old 11-12-2007, 07:01 AM

[align=center]MCF Member's below is information from [:-][/align][align=center][/align]
Environment, Energy, and Agriculture
[align=center]Official information and services from the U.S. government[/align][align=center]
Energy and Fuel
Electricity, hybrid cars, gas prices, fuel, petroleum and natural gas, ethanol, solar energy, alternative energy, nuclear...[/align][align=center]
Environment and Natural Resources
Environmental health and quality, environmental research and statistics, forests, water, oceans and fisheries...[/align][align=center]
Farms and Agriculture
Agriculture, biotechnology, crop insurance, farmers markets, food production, gardening, pesticides, plants and animals, veterinary information...
Recycling and Conservation[/align][align=center]
Energy, soil, and water conservation; historic preservation; recycling; waste prevention; wetlands conservation...
Weather and Climate[/align][align=center]
Drought, global warming, hurricane safety, storm prediction, weather forecasting...[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Click on the below link for site information[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]http://www.usa.gov/Citizen/Topics/En...iculture.shtml[/align]

Old 11-12-2007, 06:37 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

what? you mean to tell me the oil tycoons running our country would be willing to let gas prices rise so high we can't afford them while their profits go thru the roof? you must be crazy....

o, we can dream can't we?

Old 11-12-2007, 10:44 PM

Wow, just downloaded wallpaper of the Tesla Roadster - looks great on my desktop, will have to see it in my garage tonight (while dreaming)...

Old 11-14-2007, 06:13 AM

[align=center]Local Price Snapshot [/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]11-13-07[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]
[:-]
Today

Yesterday

One Week Ago

One Month Ago
[:-]
One Year Ago

Trend

[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Increase of $1.00 a gal.,in one year : ( [:'(][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]This morning on ABC Morning News, states that gas will be over $4+ a gal in 2008 [X(][:@][X(][/align][align=center]Supply and Demand : ([/align][align=center]Limited Supply ~ Big Demand[/align][align=center]China/India are now driving more vehicles, and consuming[/align][align=center]more fuel.[/align][align=center]USA is using 10,000 gallon's a Second - WoW -[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Do the `Math[/align][align=center]one minute = 600,000 gal an hour[/align][align=center]One Day = 14 Million, 400 thousands[/align][align=center]gallons a day - WoW -[/align][align=center]$3.50 x 14,4000,000 = $50,400,000.00 a day [X(][/align][align=center]WoW[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]We need to locate new sources for fuel/energy,[/align][align=center]or the rich are going to be the only ones on the highway : ([/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Time 2 `Tune Up your Monte Carlo's[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align]

Old 11-14-2007, 06:47 AM

I guess my area is still below many areas.This morning I filled up with 93 octane for $3.25 a gallon.Regular was $3.05,midgrade was $3.15.My son told me they had regular for $2.93 at a WaWa that just opened last weekend out by the turnpike exit.The BP across the street was selling regular for $3.26 (stations near the turnpikes and interstates are usually higher) but by that night the BP was down to $2.95.
And they say there is no gouging or price manipulation????

Quick Reply: $-How High/Gas Prices-$ ?