Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

$-How High/Gas Prices-$ ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 12:46 PM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: `How High/Gas Prices ?

[align=center]Craig, I read/heard the same, and it's scary [X(][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]My grandfather says, it's the begining of the `End : ([/align][align=center]I sure hope not, but China is going to be a major consumer of the Worlds assets/resources.[/align][align=center]The US dollar value is drop'in : ( Good 4 Canada, but really bad for the USA.[/align][align=center]I'm not suggesting hitting the Panic Button[/align][align=center] [/align][align=center]But, if I had my Monte right now, I would go out, & enjoy it, while I have the fuel to do so . I don't ever want to think about paying $10 a gallon [X(][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I hope that we can find the leader's in our World that can find solutions to[/align][align=center]the many problems that humans are causing on Planet `Earth.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]May the people of Earth, conserve for their Children,[/align][align=center]and Kid `Space....He needs SpaceFuel to drive : )[/align]

Old 11-08-2007, 01:30 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

we may have used half of the oil we know about... but i don't think we've used over half of hte oil in the earth already.

Old 11-08-2007, 02:03 PM

ORIGINAL: Cowboy6622

we may have used half of the oil we know about... but i don't think
LOL `Duane : )
I hope/pray that your optimism is `True.
I hope there's no Major Fuel shortages, or water shortages.
We in the USA and Canada have been very fortunate, compared
to the rest of our World.
I do my very best not to waste, and alway pick up trash that
others discard : (
We, I must live in the `Now, for it is a present.
EnJoy your Now, for Time is `Life : )
Oh, and EnJoy your Monte Carlo : )
tick....tick....

Old 11-08-2007, 03:22 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- December 2007

Cowboy... There are NO oil deposits we don't ALREADY know about. Every inch of the earth has been surveyed by satellite and spy planes, and we HAVE used MORE than half of the Earth's oil. We hit "PEAK OIL" back in 2001, long before China started its HUGE Surge!

Fact is, the US Government, and in particular, the US Defense/Military is the World's largest consumer of oil, using more oil than 70% of the World's Countries. China in the past two years is position to pass the US in oil consumption. Who is sitting on their oil... Well that is Russia! Can't control the world militarily... Bring the world to its knees when you are controlling their oil. Alternative fuels are going to be HUGE in the US

Old 11-08-2007, 07:06 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Russia claimed all that oil on the north pole by putting a Russianflag on the ocean floor beneath all the ice at teh north pole... but never fear, that means any oil on the moon belongs to the US if all you need is a flag to declare property yours

Old 11-08-2007, 07:12 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

ORIGINAL: BLACK ATTACK

Cowboy... There are NO oil deposits we don't ALREADY know about. Every inch of the earth has been surveyed by satellite and spy planes, and we HAVE used MORE than half of the Earth's oil. We hit "PEAK OIL" back in 2001, long before China started its HUGE Surge!

Fact is, the US Government, and in particular, the US Defense/Military is the World's largest consumer of oil, using more oil than 70% of the World's Countries. China in the past two years is position to pass the US in oil consumption. Who is sitting on their oil... Well that is Russia! Can't control the world militarily... Bring the world to its knees when you are controlling their oil. Alternative fuels are going to be HUGE in the US
No coincidence that Russia symbolically put a Russian flag under the North Pole.

Hmmmm....wonder why???

Edit: Sorry Cowboy, didn't see your post.

Old 11-09-2007, 09:09 PM
Default RE: `How High will it Go ?

Cost me $62 to fill my Monte today at $3.249/gal for premium.

Old 11-09-2007, 09:12 PM

ORIGINAL: BLACK ATTACK

Alternative fuels are going to be HUGE in the US
Why do you think I'm planning on putting the new 4.5-liter Duramax in my Monte when it comes out (and whenI can afford the conversion)?

Old 11-09-2007, 11:06 PM

I know gas up here in the northwest is about 3.50 a gallon. My wifes car is a TDI Jetta and what sickens me Diesel is about 3.90 a gallon. Isn't Diesel require less of a refining process than gas?

Old 11-10-2007, 10:05 AM
Default RE: $-How High/Gas Prices-$ ?

[align=center]I just had to get `gas to feed the twin 454's[/align][align=center]that powerthe houseboat [X(][X(][X(][X(]: ([/align][align=center]Is this what we are all gona have to drive[/align][align=center]in our Future ? Sure `hope not [X(][/align][align=center]I don't want to tell stories to my grand-kids;[/align][align=center]I remember when we had super/super fast cars : )[/align][align=center]Instead of ask'in each other; How much HP does your ride have,[/align][align=center]we will be ask'in: How many MPG do you get : ( [/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]2008 Smart ForTwo
MPG: 40+ normal driving conditions[/align][align=center]

The U.S. will soon catch up to the rest of the world (what else is new?) when the Smart ForTwo begins hitting the streets in a few months. Here in the land that worships all that is supersized, we have our fingers crossed for the success of this micro car. We'll concede it will be an uphill battle, as long-held perceptions die hard. Anyhow, the ForTwo counts as a green car from the get-go. The French production factory is eco-friendly, and the car's materials are as well. In the finished product, U.S.-spec cars are expected to easily achieve 40-plus mpg.[/align][align=center][:-]Click below 2 read review [:-][/align][align=center]http://www.newcartestdrive.com/sneak...m?ReviewID=124
[/align]

Quick Reply: $-How High/Gas Prices-$ ?