Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

$$- Wall St Crisis, & you-$$

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 10:29 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default $$- Wall St Crisis, & you-$$

[align=center]Found the below researching for my business class. I thought a few members might find it interesting. [/align][align=center]`No money$- `no Credit - no `gas = `no go in your Monte[X(]
[:-]
What the Wall Street Crisis Means for You,
and your Monte Carlo ?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]AP
[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]
How 8 Changes Will Impact You
[:-]
Politicians, economists, columnists and bloggers have offered numerous stark predictions about how the current financial crisis and government bailout will affect average Americans. But the truth is that Wall Street's crisis, which kicked off September 15 with the fall of Lehman Brothers, Merrill Lynch and AIG, is already affecting Main Street.

Click through our gallery to see our list of eight ways your finances are already being affected by the current financial meltdown.
Click on #1 below [:-]
First Up: Change No. 1

More From WalletPop:

Financial Meltdown 2008
15 Ways to Ruin Your Financial Future
10 Steps to Live Debt Free

[IMG]local://upfiles/4301/AF3306B685A44B5B89DA96417FCD7F2E.jpg[/IMG] [/align]

Old 09-29-2008, 11:30 AM
Default RE: What Wall St Crisis Means 2 U & your Monte ?

[align=center]I hope the above post has helped a Member.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]It sure is difficult today to stay out of debt.[/align][align=center]I`m really/really trying, but it very difficult.[/align][align=center]I want a new Monte Carlo, but don`t want my Monte to own[/align][align=center]me, like my 2006 LT3 did : ([/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Is your Monte Carlo Paid `Off ?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]If so, you are one of the lucky, or smart ones : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]The future is scary 4 me, and I really want a mod`ed V8 SS,[/align][align=center]but I am really concerned about fuel + all the other[/align][align=center]cost of owning a performace car in 2day economic times : ([/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I hope that the crsis isn`t hitt`in you 2 hard.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Good Luck to the reader of my words.[/align][align=center]Wish U a `Happy, from `Space[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Please send all your Xtra $`s[/align][align=center]to `Space for his Monte Carlo fund, Education Fund,[/align][align=center]and `Party FunD : ) [8D][/align][align=center]Don`t want 2 drown in `debt 4-$ure : )

[IMG]local://upfiles/4301/1E9461312CA340A8A80F25F92CBF5BDD.jpg[/IMG] [/align]

Old 09-29-2008, 08:35 PM

Space the affects are far reaching. Our school district is short 1.4 million this year. We will either cut days or teachers. I could be one of the teachers if they cut. I also had to pay higher rates on the monte and property I bought. On top of all of that I am using student loans to put me thrugh Grad School and they are drying up fast. I have this year secured, but not sure about next year. On the bright side I could have made 18,000 on the stock market if I would have had 200 to invest. OH well maybe tomorrow after we get paid I will find another stock to buy at deep discounts and sell high.

Old 09-30-2008, 06:52 AM

MCF Teacher `Todd,
I think teachers/police are one ofthe most under paid professionals [X(]
It is Sad [X(]
Wish you luck on the stocks/bonds `game.
Life sure can be a gamble.
I can`t believe that our leaders of our country let this happen.
Greed does corrupt : (
We the people must get involved in the process - 4-$ure.
Several of the elderly around me are really losing,
and my boss justlet us know that he may have to cut back : (
Wish you, and all members good luck during these
difficult times.
Let us `Hope, let us Pray `amen

Old 10-01-2008, 11:52 AM
rj
15 Year Member

I know things do not look good for our country right now.

I've lost several thousand dollars. Money I could not afford to loose but what do you do? And it's not as bad as some other'shave it.

I heard on the T.V. last night China owns a lot of our housing. Please explain to me how this happened?
Does this mean they could come over here and claim it?

On the bright side I could have made 18,000 on the stock market if I would have had 200 to invest. OH well maybe tomorrow after we get paid I will find another stock to buy at deep discounts and sell high.

I need a few deals like this!!!

Old 10-01-2008, 04:29 PM

ORIGINAL:

I heard on the T.V. last night China owns a lot of our housing. Please explain to me how this happened?
Does this mean they could come over here and claim it?

Well it all started out in the late 70'd and early 80's.
With the ratio of management being very close to the amount of employees that actually built a product to sell, the employees seeing what the management was getting paid for twiddling their thumbs wanted to be closer in monies since they did all the work. They got raises, but when they did the managers screamed and got one too, to keep the same distance apart in income.

One thing lead to another and costs of operations sky rocketed to a point companies no longer were making profit margins like they once were. Stock holders demanded action since they weren't also making the money they once were and said, keep it up, will pull or monies back out.

Outsourcing began, but still kept in America to smaller shops and the same thing happened there to some degree, but u n i o n s got really pissed of that their employees lost jobs to non u n i o n people and struck for action etc. These companies kinda were stuck between a rock and a hard place but found a solution. F*ck the u n i o n s, will concede somewhat and go elsewhere where labor is cheaper and we don't have to listen to employees whine.

Guess who??
Now instead of monies staying here China got rich.
We sell $1000 of goods over there to the $100,000 they send here. TRADE IMBALANCE!!
Now they hold all the money and when our banks need money there all to happy to lend it to us because they have well more than they need. You borrow money from a bank that got it from China. You and or your bank can't pay, who then technically owns it.
Everytime our Government needs money the Chinese again are too happy to loan it to us.
Chinese banks have bought a large chunk of our debt.
A few months back the American Government trying to get out of the trade imbalance with China was going to launch some serious trade happenings that would punish Chinese companies and so fourth, then the Chinese Government said if you do that, we will change some things here to and call in ALL OF OUR MARKERS. Guess what???? We shut up in a hurry because technically they would have repossed America.

The Wall St thing.
Really don't care, really can't do anything.
I don't invest that much into those realms because its nothing but a rich mans GAME, YES, just a game.
The rich didn't pay for there houses because the APR loans went up and they spent if foolishly elsewhere.
The rich are the ones deciding on who or who doesn't get loans.
The rich are why those financial institutions are in trouble. 1 person to 10 that actually are doing something in those businesses that have anything real to do with the loan process being overseen by MR Big Bucks.
Now if they really lessened the fat pork rinds in those businesses, would those businesses still not be able to pay their loans??
I bet not and those companies could continue on without being bailed out..

GREED, GREED, GREED

Old 10-04-2008, 07:05 AM

[sm=ts.gif][sm=wtf.gif][sm=ts.gif][sm=lildevil.gif]
Is NASCAR getting a portion of $700B Bailout?
Posted by: Kerry Murphey in News

The $700 billion dollar bailout in Washington failed on Monday, so lawmakers went back to the drawing board to add stuff to the bill to help it pass. Some of the additions are designed to help taxpayers easily swallow this bill. However some other things have absolutely nothing to do with the bailout bill at all. [:@]These “other†things include a tax refund for Rum coming from Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands, a benefit to people who ride their bicycles to work, and many others. One that will catch the eye of NASCAR fans is below.
###
FROM CNN: Creation of a seven-year cost recovery period for construction of a motorsports racetrack: Track owners currently follow a seven-year depreciation schedule and write each year’s depreciation off their taxes. The IRS wanted to increase the depreciation timetable to 15 years, which would mean the track owner’s depreciation would be cut in half. [:@][]The measure in the keeps the seven-year depreciation schedule for two years and would cost taxpayers$100 million.
Source:http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/10/...ork/index.html
###
What isn’t clear, is which track owners have their hands out, and there are two majors, ISC (owned by the France Family) and SMI (owned by Bruton Smith) It could be either or both who certainly has someone’s ear in Washington to get this added on to one of the most controversial pieces of legislation in U.S. history. Granted at “only†$100 million, it seems like pocket change compared to the whole amount being asked.
UPDATE: Congress passed this second version of the bill on Friday Oct 3rd, 2008 by a vote of263 to 171.
What do you think of all this?
Its your taxpayer $$$$$$$`s
Comment below.

SHARETHIS.addEntry({ title: "Is NASCAR getting a portion of $700B Bailout?", url: "http://finallapradio.com/2008/10/03/is-nascar-getting-a-portion-of-700-billion-bailout/" });
ShareThis
Tags: $700 billion dollar bailout, 700 billion, Bruton Smith, earmarks, financial crisis, hand outs, ISC, NASCAR, pork, race tracks, SMI, sweeteners, The France Family, track owners [/align]

Old 10-04-2008, 11:47 AM

Gotta love the pork they add onto every bill.

Old 10-04-2008, 01:19 PM

ORIGINAL: Teacher

Gotta love the pork they add onto every bill.
My spaceBrain is not capable of comprehening what our
present leaders in Washington are doing ? [:@]
I pray/hope that our future leaders will be able to change
the way things have been run in government.
No one seems to be able to account for the wrongs.
You are the blame for it, no I`m not, you are : )
They must end corruption. They have to stop smoking
illegal substances : ) I think all politicians should be
Drug Tested : )
If they
Legalized `it and taxed `it, it would remove our debt: ) ? ?
Peace/Out

Old 10-04-2008, 08:35 PM

i dont know but i am also having to write a paper on this subject! i gotta get 8 pages worth of it for economics. being 19 and in college (with the v-8) working 40 hours a week the future looks like hell for all that are getting into the economy like i. i recently applyed for a student credit card. they denied me! so i applied for a platinum. i gotsa a platinum. thats how scared they are for lending and credit. but i owe another 1000 on the car and the gas really isnt that bad. at 28 on the highway its jsut as efficient as any beater id buy. but with the special turbo kit i found i could be keeping it!! which i probably am. nothings selling these days (yes i was/ still am selling it,in a month i put it away for winter so if its not gone by then im keeping it and possible turbo!)
but long story short you cant stop buying items!!! that is what will trash the economy!!!!!