New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

whattuupp from florida

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 02:32 AM

Originally Posted by DCfla
thanks guys.. i bought a bottle of it today.. i couldnt find it ANYWHERE.. every store was out.. except 1 bottle left at advance auto parts.. i just put on the first layer on my tail lights.. how long should i wait for it to dry? how many layers of it? and also if i have some left in the bottle i was thinking of doing a lighter tint on my headlights.. any ideas?
Below from posted link above...Good Luck
good weather day a must, warm sunny day u know, do it outside.
take off your rear lights, dont spray when these still on your
car.
get some un-needed newspaper and put the lights on.
use the goo-gone cleaning liquid or any kind of plastic cleaner and clean the dust off, do twice if needed. use clean fibertowel.
spray a really thin thin thin layer on first and come around check what come out.
remember to shake the can pretty well (abt a min or so) and spray equally with a decent distance. (after every time you spray, clean the nose by upside down the can and press it till all the tint come out of the nose. it helps you to get leftover tint out and a fresh tint for the next layer.
i did 3 layers of
VHT niteshade and pretty much black-out so you would consider how much tinted you like.
if you messed up, googone is your friend, you have to go over from the beginning w/ cleaning step and spray again.
i suggest you do both L+R at the same time to get the best come out (equal tint on both).
spray all over the light which means all corners and borders.
you can use paint tape (can be found at pepboys or local
auto part store) to cover the part of the light you dont want to spray on.

Old 07-17-2009, 10:04 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Dude, just read the can... It tells you how and when to apply.

I personally wouldn't use any on my head lights due to reduced visibility. Use the rest on your 3rd brake light and maybe a thin coat on your reverse lights.

Old 07-17-2009, 07:31 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome to the forum!

I was away from the computer the last couple days, so I'm getting in on this a little late.

The VHT Nightshades spray tint has been used by many people who have frequented this site over the years.

I haven't done it myself, but I do remember the procedure that some of them used.

Remove the taillights from the car. It's so much easier that way.

First, clean your taillights with some dishsoap or something that will clean any grease or wax on your taillights. Following the instructions on the can, spray an even layer of the tint onto the lights.

A very important thing to remember is that each layer you spray onto your lights will make them darker.

Spray even layers until you reach the desired darkness of your preference. Allow each layer to dry before applying the next layer.

Once you reach the desired darkness, allow to dry fully. Then spray some clear coat over it to protect it, and to give it a glossy finish.

Enjoy your new smoked tail lights.

I do not recommend using spray tint on head lights. Tinting headlights is illegal in a lot of states. Not sure about florida. But if you really want tinted headlights, I would go with a set of GTS headlight covers. They give you the tinted look, and are easily removed if the police give you a hard time.

Hope this helps you.