New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

stalling issues help please

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2015, 09:29 PM
Default stalling issues help please

okay, so when i am driving my car i am having a issue where my car keeps stalling. it will either happen 10 times a day or every few days. recently it seems to be happening alot more then usual. when i turn my car on every day it turns right over in the morning but as the day goes on it seems to take a while to turn over unless i give it gas it will turn right over after that. when it stalls my battery light comes on and my steering wheel locks up and i can not move it at all. there is a check engine light on (it didn't read anything as of the last time i checked.) also my car is running at normal temperature and it hasnt been causing any heating issues. i get oil changes regularly also so i know there is no problem there. i need any advice i can get because i really need to get this fixed and everything people are telling me as advice doesnt make any sense so im hoping someone on here with a little bit more experience on my car will be able to help me. thanks for reading and hope to hear from someone soon on what they may think the issue might be.
my car is a 2004 monte carlo ls 3.4 engine.

Old 04-15-2015, 09:49 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2015
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

I would get the check engine light code read.

First guesses offhand would be MAF sensor, try getting a can of cleaner and give it a spray, be careful with it as it is just a wire the size of a human hair.

Second guess is a fuel related issue, pump or clogged injector, wouldn't hurt to run a can of seafoam through the tank, just wait til the tank is close to empty and pour it in the tank and let it run through, it will clear out any gunk and build up

Third guess is maybe your alternator is not putting enough juice to the battery to keep it running, through a voltage tester on it and see how many amps it is putting out, some parts store's will do this free of charge if you just pull up and ask them