New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Seat Swap Question

Old 01-14-2008, 12:57 AM
Default Seat Swap Question

Hi I am a new member from Michigan. I found the site while doing a search on swapping the seats from cloth to leather in the Monte. I know it is a simple swap as far as mounting them in however I ws hoping to maintain the electric seat and heated seat function and keep it appearing factory installed. I read something somewhere about a gguy wanting to do this same swap and he said it appeared the wiring was taped up and stufffed in the console,is there any anyone out there who would know this to be accurate before I plunk down the cash to get some new leather seats for my ride? Thanx in advance.

Chris

Old 01-14-2008, 08:21 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: Seat Swap Question

Welcome to the site Chris.

I think you'll be very pleased with the leather seats, especially if you get the heat part working. The car I have now is the first time I've owned a car with heated seats. I love it. It stops me from shivering while waiting for the car's heater to heat up.

Hopefully someone here has done this, and can help you out. We have a lot of members from Michigan. I'm not too far from you also. I'm in Windsor, Ontario. Glad to see you here.

Old 01-14-2008, 09:03 AM

personally the best way to do this is to get a set of leather seats out of a monte that already has these features and it'll be a simple bolt in and plug the connectors back in

Old 01-14-2008, 11:16 PM

Yeah, if you don't have the connections in the car for heated seats it might be kind of a problem, because I know at least for the passenger side there's a switch, that if someone's sitting there activates the air bag. With wiring that important I'd be afraid to mess with it without having the oem wiring diagram.

I know you can purchase aftermarket seat heaters you can sew in to your seat covers, so I suppose if you just seperated the heated seat part and wired that up on it's own, if it doesn't already have it's own seperate plug. That would help so you won't have to worry about messing up the airbag wiring.If it has it's own plug then no worries whatsoever.