New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

power windows electrical issue

Old 12-24-2014, 05:16 AM
Post power windows electrical issue

Hello all, I have a 2000 Monte Carlo and my issue with the windows is that they wont work at all.
I tested and for some reason, all the wires going to the switch is hot when i turn the switch on. Between 10-12 volts. Don't know if that's normal or what.
I looked in a repair manual but didnt see the a schematic on it.

Also, I have a ABS and Airbag on as well.
Thank you

Old 12-24-2014, 05:41 AM

Welcome to the MCF

Sorry to read about your Monte Problems, issues.

Please use our Search Engine located at the top center of each MCF Page...Just type in your issue/problem.

Explore the MCF & you will learn a lot about your Chevy Monte Carlo

Also, check back on your thread to see `if any of our expert tech member's can help you ? Good Luck & Happy Holidays to you & yours

Old 12-26-2014, 11:14 AM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2015
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Welcome to the forum

The window issue could be the switch itself, if you have power going to the switch and they won't go up or down, I would start with the switch itself first, they get dirty over time and just let go. I have had to replace mine in my car, and just went to a wrecker and picked up a used pair, after that, the window motor is the next step I would take as sometimes, the wires connecting to the window motor can get caught up in the gears (this has happened with a buick I used to own after the dealer replaced the motor, they didn't run the wires properly and the gear extended below the motor and got wrapped up in the wires and ripped them apart) so it would be worth checking the wiring out inside the door

For the abs and the airbag. The abs is more than likely related to the wheel speed sensor, and possibly a new wheel bearing, as they are kind of one unit, this is a common issue with our cars, if you can get your hands on a code reader it will tell you which exact wheel it is, as if your car has abs it could be either of the front or rear wheel bearings.
Not sure on the airbag code, again this is where the reader would come in handy so you know which code it is throwing. If you can get the codes we can give you a better idea of exactly what is wrong and possibly assist you in fixing the issue