New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

newbe

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 12:04 AM
Default newbe

[align=left]hey guys, ill start by saying my names bob, i was and still am a beretta boy, i've had 5 berettas, but due to recent accidents i'm down to 2, neither are reliable, so i bought a 2005 monte carlo ls, 3400, i do like it, its a little under powered but i'm doing what i can, i put a cat back custom exsauhst.
right now i'm having a problem, it seems my ecm is in the air box and i wanna put a intake on it, i have all sorts that ive collected, but that huge air box with a computer sealed in is posing a problem, anyways, i'm glad to know theres a forum for these cars and look forward to getting ideas and sharing mine.

cheers, bob
[/align]

Old 05-26-2007, 12:40 AM
Default RE: newbe

Bob! Good to have you on board! I myself was a Beretta owner until my 95 base2.2 crapped out on me for the last time. It needed a head gasket, a coil, and the ignition module replaced. It was over 2 grand in repairs, or get a new loan on a new car (one month paymentmuch much less than 2 grand)and let it sit in the garage until I could work on it. Unfortunately my time comes at a premium, and it was just too easy to sell it to a mechanic (who's daughter turned 16.) Yes, payments suck, but my newMonte, a 2006 3LT with 242 HP sure beats that 2.2 l with a generous estimate of 120 HP. I won't lie. I miss that Beretta like a leg, and if I had the money I'd buy it back at a loss. Lots of TLC went into that Chevy, and every day I thank a deity (a different one every day ) that it's still on the road and running strong. (nearing 220,000 milesnow!!!!!!!!!!!)

I give credit to myself, putting in synthetic tranny fluid at 70k Miles(full flush and tranny filter change) and running Mobile One every oil change. Lol

Bob, I have a intake that was designed for my previous 2003 LS, with the 3.4 engine, and I would be happy to give it to you (you just pay for shipping). It doesn't have an air filter, it's justa simple aluminum tube, and is supposed to be easy to install. With the car's ECM in the airbox (my 2006 3LT has the same thing) it shouldn't be hard to cut the unnecessary parts of the airbox out, leave what is necessary for the electronics,and simply rebolt it in when you have the intake installed properly.

of course, if you are nervous about modifying stock components buy a replacement from a junkyard (shouldnt be more than 50$), and even if you do mess something up, you've still spent less than a professionally designed intake would cost!

Old 05-26-2007, 01:08 AM

well thanks alot, my pride and joy was my 1993 gt/z 3.1 beretta, this one pic should say it all,
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...442/burido.jpg
and my accident, NOT MY FAULT EITHER!
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...42/cargone.jpg
and my yard a few months ago
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...erettayard.jpg
i just need a pic of how this intake goes, i would pay shipping and slide you 20$ or something but i wanna do this probably tomorrow, i have to leave to work in alberta, and i'm in manitoba, and hell if i'm scared to chop this thing up! lol, you guys will love this exhaust on this, i'll post pics and maybe a sound clip tomorrow
[align=left] [/align]

Old 05-26-2007, 05:41 AM

Hi Bob & Welcome to the MCF
The Forum has a lot of members from Canada
Look forward to your pic's and how your CAI installation comes out.
Member `Michael already made you a super offer : )
-Members, helping members-
Good Luck with your new Monte Carlo, `Space

Old 05-26-2007, 08:27 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

hey, welcome to the site bob

Old 05-26-2007, 04:03 PM

bob, welcome to teh site. there are tons of postings on here for air systems. and even with the 3.4 ls there are some on here.

But the easiews thing to dso is find the ecm tray out of a blazer it fits on teh fender and you can bolt yours to it with littel mod. and then put your intake in the car and your done. they are not difficult.

if you look in my photo album you can see how i have mine. also phonex is on here he has one for the LS i belive also but he dose have them on his car domain site also and shows you and tells you how to make one at home. so he also tessl ya how to mount the ECM for this mod.

they are not to hard to deal with for the longes time w2hile i was in Germany mine was zipp tied in to place in teh stock location on th eindise of the fender and i didnt have anythign covering it . and it was there threw rain.heat,cold,snow, 120mph + drivign on the autobahn. so they wont go to far and the car still runs fine.

Old 05-26-2007, 06:56 PM

Hey there Bob! Welcome to the site! Its nice to see yet another canadian member on the site. I used to live in Winnipeg (Winterpeg [lol]) Did you get any of that snow they got recently out west?

Cheers

Old 05-26-2007, 07:42 PM

no we didnt thankfully, just a crap load of rain, where do you live now?
[align=left] [/align]