New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

A New member to forums 2000 Monte Carlo

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 12:22 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Welcome.

Old 12-09-2009, 01:11 PM

I would like to welcome you and your gorgeous red Monte.

Old 12-09-2009, 01:33 PM

Also, those guages from BBE look badass, go for it!

Old 12-10-2009, 01:47 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by AwsomeSS
Welcome to the site!
THanks bud

Originally Posted by mrl390
Welcome to the forum. Thats a sharp red monte youve got there. I see you are from greensburg. Thats not too far from here. Glad to see another Pittsburgh/Western PA area member here.
I see youre also about an hour away, Thanks. If you had been to youngwood, and greensburg areas, you will definitely see like 10- 20 different Montes. Just the other day I get off work in the mall, I see a silver tinted LS with black spoiler, purple ss with lip spoiler, yellow ss SC pace car, 01 Silver LS sport appearance, a red ss with lip spoiler, and my red ls with raised spoiler within the 1st two rows. I almost got out my camera and took a picture(as there was a huge smirk on my face), but it was a bit dark and the parking lot was quite big to take a picture of all of them. My college alone has like 5-7 different montes.

Originally Posted by RickAKATed10
Welcome.
Thanks!

Originally Posted by krystalmethod
I would like to welcome you and your gorgeous red Monte.
Thank You, I will try to keep the monte nice n clean.

Originally Posted by Jomao_o
Also, those guages from BBE look badass, go for it!
yea man, I was planning to get my cluster upgrade after I send it in for only 60 dollars for them to ship it back. But I was also thinking about the ss cluster. He said I could probably do it for around 180-225 dollars with the ss cluster shipped back with the same mileage programmed into the cluster. But is the extra little battery gauge on the side and the max 140 miles per hour gauge worth it? Cause I doubt I will every go over 100 miles per hour(The max on my car is 120mph and the max I ever did was 95 while driving in a straightaway in a highway and that is after a long time on the gas pedal). It's a tough decision. But if I continue with my financial state I'm in, I'm not even going to consider the ss guage at all.

Old 12-10-2009, 03:54 PM

Which is completely fine, you have to prioritize < sp?
It takes time, plus that's all cosmetic, try getting a hold of member selling the wiz air kit, i would suggest, thats money well invested. you can also get over lays for your ls which can be cool too with the proper lighting re done in the interior.

Old 12-13-2009, 07:51 PM

well i dunno what all performance toys u are interested in but milzymotorsports.com specializes in gm v6s as well as wot-tech.com. ben from wot-tech has probly had more 3400 motors apart than any human ever should and can tell u anything u wanna know without even thinking. intense racing does some wicked pcm swaps for our cars. and from personal experience....a TCE 65mm tb will make u wet your pants

Old 12-13-2009, 08:00 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

hey welcome, i totally missed this one, i live in the burgh also! that is a very nice looking monte you have, congrats

Old 12-13-2009, 08:09 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome to the forum!

Great looking Monte. Excellent shape.

I like the air intake, nice upgrade. I like the guage cluster upgrade. I'd definitely put it on the list. Very cool. I'd like to change the color of my guage cluster lights, but don't have the ambition to tear my dash and cluster apart.

Old 12-14-2009, 04:21 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by shingding88
well i dunno what all performance toys u are interested in but milzymotorsports.com specializes in gm v6s as well as wot-tech.com. ben from wot-tech has probly had more 3400 motors apart than any human ever should and can tell u anything u wanna know without even thinking. intense racing does some wicked pcm swaps for our cars. and from personal experience....a TCE 65mm tb will make u wet your pants
Yea I am just interested in getting some more horsepower with the cheaper mods I could find(since I probably can't afford to keep force induction). I don't think I would make the car ever over 240 horse power or more than my purchase price(got the ls for 7000 from a dealership, but I could've gotten the car for 6000 back then if I actually spent time to look for one) as by the time I get there, I would already have gotten a more upgrade Monte(I'm looking to one day own a older rebuilt monte or maybe a 07ss). hopefully they make a new Monte by the time mine dies as my main daily driver #1. I am now mainly interested in the exhaust and headers, as people say I could gain 25 to 40 horsepower with a properly tuned set up(no one actually dynoed it so no one really knows). I heard many people reconmending me the throttle body change, but I still don't know how much horse power does it gain? or is it just the feel? I'm not sure what the pcm swaps are for, but isn't that the part where they tune it?. I read your signature and it sounds cool, but quick question, does that mean you have nitrous? I was really interested in getting it, but I dunno how well the engine or other parts would hold up with the shot. I've seen LA1s go to 300whp but after a lot of work on the engine to hold up the power. and people were telling me stories of how nitrous will damage this and that. Hopefully Nitrous is still an option. Thanks for your comment.

Originally Posted by monte carlo 3831
hey welcome, i totally missed this one, i live in the burgh also! that is a very nice looking monte you have, congrats
Thanks maybe you can give me a ride in your monte one day, so I could feel the power difference, lol. Did you know the 08 monte national meet was in greensburg? I wish I had sooner awoken in my car interest so I had gone. Cause I heard these meets get like hundreds of montes, just like a dream come true.

Originally Posted by Taz
Welcome to the forum!

Great looking Monte. Excellent shape.

I like the air intake, nice upgrade. I like the guage cluster upgrade. I'd definitely put it on the list. Very cool. I'd like to change the color of my guage cluster lights, but don't have the ambition to tear my dash and cluster apart.
Thanks, I heard the cluster is easy to remove if you know where the bolts/clips/screws are. But that would mean no driving the car till you upgrade it. I might get the mod one day if I rent a car lol.

Old 12-20-2009, 05:12 PM

HAD nitrous lol. it was just a 50 shot dry and it is a VERY VERY VERY BAD IDEA unless u like ripping ur motor apart alot. im just to lazy to change my signature

Quick Reply: A New member to forums 2000 Monte Carlo