New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

A New member to forums 2000 Monte Carlo

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 11:47 AM

Welcome!

Old 12-07-2009, 11:21 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by KidSpace
Welcome `NarutoV2 to our Monte Carlo Family
from the KeyStone State of Pa.
We have several member's from your great state.
Thanks for sharing pictures/infor on your awesome
Red Monte Carlo...<~ it's a super clean look'in machine
4-Sure.
Explore the forum & you will learn a lot about the
Monte Carlo, and if you can't find what you're look'in 4,
just post your questions & i'm sure one of our member's
will respond.
Good Luck in school & with your Awesome Monte Carlo.
We look forward 2 your future posts & contributions.
Wish you safe/fun/trouble free miles.
Thanks, its good to know that others in the state are here: just in my college, i've seen like 6 montes of the same generation.

Originally Posted by cjp_ejp30
nice lookn monte and welcome aboard alot of knowledgeable and great ppl here
Thanks I will need the help, and if I could help, I will do the same

Originally Posted by jarheadbobandmax
we will gladly take you under our wing young Jedi and pass along knowlage of the mighty Montre Carlo Community within...and see if we can't help you save the wad of cash for more important things. like drive lights among others. my beast looked much like yours before I took her over. you have a very nice piece there appears to be straight and blemish free....great starter.....I'll beet Chibi to it ....how many miles...please say 170 you'll undrstand in time Jarhead
Thanks, but 170? you mean 170k? mine is only 95k on it, I got it when it was 83k, been running ok.

Originally Posted by RocknSS04
Welcome to the MCF family. We have many college students as part of our family, and as said, many members from PA.
Question: It appears you have a chrome intake cover in the 1 pic covering the cone, but not the other pic? Am I right?
Thanks yea the 1st intake is a heat shielded turbine air intake(meaning a triangular cone filter), and the 2nd is just a filter, the 1nd one was free from a friend who didn't want it, so I'm trying to see if there is any different, but I really don't think there is (at least i don't feel it) and when I feel the intake after driving, it's still cold(never felt it hot before especially now in the upcoming winter). But i kept the heat sheild one in the car in case i go on long trips cause it probably protects more.
Originally Posted by chibiblacksheep
Welcome welcome That's a very nice looking Monte you got there.

As you start to read more about intakes, you might want to start building a cover for that filter so you don't suck up all the engine's HOT air. That will actually rob the car of valuable power that you would get from having cold air. The throttle response is better with a cone filter like that, so you might be mistaking that for HP.

But yes, how many miles
THANKS! But yea i got 95k on it. I heard hot air are bad, but I don't really feel the difference here in PA, since there is always a red light in every street, lol. But I do want to build one(cover) soon if i learn how. Bye the way does a 3.8l heat shield cover from K&N work? someone tried to sell me a used one for 40 bucks(i think retail was 250)
Originally Posted by MAMONTE
Welcome...

As everyone else says, get a box on that intake filter!

It appears that you had a stand up spoiler put on! Looks good!

Your Monte looks awesome!
Thanks, I'm liking the spoiler too, got it august, but I'm probably taking it off this spring and putting some bondo on it before reinstalling, since on rainy days it feels really damp and wet sometimes.

Originally Posted by montyss02
Nice looking Monte! Yeah, turbo is the way to go. (expensive but fun, lol)
Thanks, but funny you said that, since my monte has been making loud train like whining noise when I accelerate. (some people mistakin it for a turbo, maybe the car is trying to talk to me) A couple of shops and friends couldn't find the problem, I'm recording a video soon. It happens every time I try to accelerate around 2.5-3.5 rpm and happens more especially on uphills

Originally Posted by Jomao_o
Welcome!
Thanks Man

Old 12-08-2009, 12:42 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

heyy! welcome to the forum! i'm one of those college kids that is on the forum that was mentioned earlier 'cept i'm down south got yourself a nice looking monte--had mine for about 2 years (in may) too but i was actually into cars hardcore :p kudos on putting the pace spoiler on it...makes it look 100X's better in my opinion but yeah anyway plenty of people here to help you out whether its adivce, decisions, anything! enjoy!

Old 12-08-2009, 02:45 AM

welcome!!! wheres greenburg near? i lived in hanover for 20 yrs.

Old 12-08-2009, 02:55 AM

Welcome, NarutoV2!
I'm fairly new here, too, but not to Chevys (or the 3x00SFI V6 engine). I've fixed, modified, rebuilt, driven, and sold 3 Cavaliers and 1 Beretta (I still own 2 others) before recently buying my Monte Carlo. I've swapped out a 3100 for a 3400. I've installed suspension upgrades, intake, exhaust. I've dyed interiors, done custom LED lighting, and other appearance stuff. And the best thing is before 2001 all I did to cars was change the oil, fill up the gas tank, and check tire pressure! So don't feel bad. We all must start somewhere.

Old 12-08-2009, 08:08 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by NarutoV2
Thanks, but funny you said that, since my monte has been making loud train like whining noise when I accelerate. (some people mistakin it for a turbo, maybe the car is trying to talk to me) A couple of shops and friends couldn't find the problem, I'm recording a video soon. It happens every time I try to accelerate around 2.5-3.5 rpm and happens more especially on uphills

I have a VERY good guess as to what your problem is...my mom's Bonneville 3800 made this "whining" noise, so did my Monte 3500. In both cases, it has been the POWER STEERING pump gone bad. The RPM's your reporting the noise, are just about the same, and the uphill part is how it starts. In time, the noise will get louder, and start doing it more ALL the time. You need to replace your power steering pump. (I am 95% positive this is your problem).

Old 12-08-2009, 08:45 AM

montyss02
Naturally Aspirated
I believe member Montyss02 has a Wiz Aired kit for sale new un Used, you maybe interested in. Send him a message

Old 12-08-2009, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by SpinEm_90
heyy! welcome to the forum! i'm one of those college kids that is on the forum that was mentioned earlier 'cept i'm down south got yourself a nice looking monte--had mine for about 2 years (in may) too but i was actually into cars hardcore :p kudos on putting the pace spoiler on it...makes it look 100X's better in my opinion but yeah anyway plenty of people here to help you out whether its adivce, decisions, anything! enjoy!
Thanks I thought I made the right choice, since there was 2 kinds of spoiler, the surfboard lip spoiler and the raised spoiler. I'm getting advices already from this board, I think I should've joined way long ago.

Originally Posted by jim fischer
welcome!!! wheres greenburg near? i lived in hanover for 20 yrs.
Oh, it's near Pittsburgh(45 min away), but I think hanover is like 4 hrs away. But one problem I have is that in PA there is a TON of manholes, pumps, big open hole( which seemed like a size of a basketball), and constant high to low and low to high grounds, lol. I don't think I will ever get a body kit if I stay here, but I might get the eibach springs.

Originally Posted by Ixion
Welcome, NarutoV2!
I'm fairly new here, too, but not to Chevys (or the 3x00SFI V6 engine). I've fixed, modified, rebuilt, driven, and sold 3 Cavaliers and 1 Beretta (I still own 2 others) before recently buying my Monte Carlo. I've swapped out a 3100 for a 3400. I've installed suspension upgrades, intake, exhaust. I've dyed interiors, done custom LED lighting, and other appearance stuff. And the best thing is before 2001 all I did to cars was change the oil, fill up the gas tank, and check tire pressure! So don't feel bad. We all must start somewhere.
wow, I hear swapping is the hardest thing to do to a car, other than force induction. I just learned to check tire pressure after this summer lol, my parents never taught me anything, I still get my oil change at shops though. Worse was my parents made up some story like if you drive over 2.5 rpm you will break the car more easily and have to bring it into shops. But I really want to learn everything I can. But I think I am going to be loyal to Montes for a while since it's the car that got me started.

Originally Posted by MAMONTE
I have a VERY good guess as to what your problem is...my mom's Bonneville 3800 made this "whining" noise, so did my Monte 3500. In both cases, it has been the POWER STEERING pump gone bad. The RPM's your reporting the noise, are just about the same, and the uphill part is how it starts. In time, the noise will get louder, and start doing it more ALL the time. You need to replace your power steering pump. (I am 95% positive this is your problem).
I see, I guess I will need to look for the part, hopefully I can get a shop to install it in for me for now, since I do not know how to do any technical things with bolts and nuts yet. But I really want to thank you for telling me this piece of information, as all friends and shops I consulted with told me they don't have a clue. I was planning to bring it to a dealer and plan to pay the overpriced parts and labor. And it does sound like it gets worst and worst. It's sounds like a train was letting off steam or something.

Originally Posted by Jomao_o
montyss02
Naturally Aspirated
I believe member Montyss02 has a Wiz Aired kit for sale new un Used, you maybe interested in. Send him a message
I emailed him, just now, Hopefully I'm able to afford it, since recently I bought 18" rims and tires Thanks for telling me that

Old 12-08-2009, 10:29 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Welcome to the site!

Old 12-08-2009, 10:55 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

Welcome to the forum. Thats a sharp red monte youve got there. I see you are from greensburg. Thats not too far from here. Glad to see another Pittsburgh/Western PA area member here.

Quick Reply: A New member to forums 2000 Monte Carlo