New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 10:54 PM
Default New Member

Hey all,

I'm new to the site. I own a 2000 Chevy Red 3.4L LS Monte Carlo. It's probably not one of the more impressive Monte's on here, but hey, I've almost got it paid off! I had the 2003 stock Chevy MC SS rims on it at one point swapped from another 03 in my family, but eventually that car was traded into the dealer and I had to give the rims back. Now I'm stuck with the original 00 spoke rims which aren't the greatest looking to me. Besides that, the car is great looking, and well kept care of in the interior. The only addition I've made to it is adding a Secret Weapon cold air kit with a Ram Air tube going down to the fog light on the left. I have the red grilles down there instead of fog lights, so it serves as a great location for that tube. I have a number 8 decal on the rear window to signify it looking like Dale EJ's pace car. Now that he's a green number 88, I think I'll take that off now.

I'd like to make the exhaust system on my car more effecient as time and money will permit. I figured I'd start with the intake side and get some cold air rushing in there and eventually mod the car with another exhaust pipe I have from another 2000s Impala (I think its from an Impala). Hoping to get that installed for my birthday. It would be awesome to install a header compatible with the whole set up. Some aftermarket mufflers would be nice. Any suggestions? If I could pump this 95% stock motor I have with 180 hp to around 200 hp, that would make me happy. I hope this forum will help me get there!

Old 03-28-2008, 05:49 AM
Default RE: New Member

Hi `Adam, from Beaverton, OR,
and Welcome to the Monte Carlo Family Forum.
Explore the forum, & use our Search Engine for subjects
of interest to you.
I'm sure you will find many mod's that you can do to
your Monte Carlo.
Look forward to your future posts/and pictures of
your Monte Carlo.
Wish you safe/fun miles in your Monte.
`Space

Old 03-28-2008, 10:48 AM
Default RE: New Member

Welcome Adam to the MCF. Here at the forum like to see lots of pictures.