New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

NEW TO MC, NEW TO GROUP

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 06:07 PM
Default NEW TO MC, NEW TO GROUP

Hello everyone.. new to group just purchased a 03' ls with 60k on it. she's white with the red pinstripes over fender creases with the 5 spoke wheels and nascar style spoiler.. have to say major step up from previous car (04 neon junk) dodge wouldn't take care of warranty work so i parked on the lot where i work and upgraded dramatically. have the traction control but unfortunately no factory xm... previous owner replaced tranny with gm new unit and new michelin rubber about 1k ago and the monte was her baby... garage kept always washed and waxed interior is spotless and still has tinge of new car smell... anyway.. love the performance i have gained over what i used to have and have already installed k&n air filter and installed a 60 series flowmaster muffler with the bowtie tip... anyway i recently changed all fluids, added a can of sea-foam to the tank and took her on a road trip to break her in from richmond va to hatteras nc.... car really surprised me on gas mileage... Ran about 73-76mph the majority of the trip and was drafting a 03 1500 4x4 and averaged 46.8mpg no not a typo 46.8mpg odometer had 468 on it and put 10 gal in at the border station now back in city and getting about 35 mpg.. but have two ?'s the resonator behind the cat does that have any purpose on that particular model other than quieting the exhaust note? i sell parts at a dealership all day (not gm) and some models the resonator handles the backpressure and some it's just to quiet the car down any info would be appreciated?? my second ? does anybody know where i can find the intimidator emblems cheaper than the dealer the best prices i have found are about 100 each... i don't want the ss just the intimidator to match my liscence plates even though she could pass for an ss with the spoiler and skirts but im not into false advertisement... well a 3rd ? anyone know where to get the factory xm units? i have the single disc cd player with station info display and car dosent have onstar.. i have aftermarket xm and i hid the unit in the cubby behind the very front cupholder but i want to go factory if i can just something about an seamless install that i love, not that you can see wires except for the power plug that goes right into the cig lighter socket right beside the cubby but i would like to have it through my stereo! thanks for reading and accepting me into your group.. i know i may have rambled on but i love my monte and wouldn't trade her for anything (except 04 intimidator) but she dosent know that!! thanks

Old 09-11-2007, 06:23 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: NEW TO MC, NEW TO GROUP

Hi! and welcome to our little section of the internet.

I'd start by checking junkyards and ebay, if you haven't already done that.
Also check the stuff for sale sections on this site and other Monte Carlo sites. Somebody posted a list with links to some of these in a thread somewhere, but I forget where it is right now. Maybe someone here remembers, and will re-post?

I wouldn't worry so much about the resonator as much as I would the U-bend in the exhaust just infront of the cat. conveter. I'd get a much talked about U-bend delete piece first, then worry about back pressure in the resonator.

Old 09-11-2007, 06:29 PM

thanks for the info taz, nice dale jr.

Old 09-11-2007, 06:30 PM

Hey, and welcome to MCF! Great decision on coming over to the wonderful world of the Monte Carlo.

As far as Intimidator Badging, I know its out there, but I cant find it right now.... I'll keep looking for you.

Now, when it comes to XM, Wayne will tell you that sirius is the way to go, and after a short free subscription, I agree. Also, XM has just been bought out by Sirius, so sirius will be the way to go here in the next few months...

I am going to post this link for you, it is a unit DESIGNED to put IN to where your factory XM would normally go.. its 99 bucks, plus install fees at your local store, and of course, a normal subscription.

Check it out:
Sirius

Hope that helps, if even a little bit. You will be getting alot of replies here shortly....

-Keegan

Old 09-11-2007, 06:37 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I just found the post I mentioned. Hope this helps a little.

Originally posted by: RocknSS04

Try the for sale area here, and some of the other forums. Here are some links:
NMCOA- 1st choice http://montecarloclub.com/discuss/viewforum.php?f=3&sid=64be0d9fcde7ffb2c78033ad 962bb5a1
W-body forum- mostly Pontiacs
http://www.w-body.com/forum/index.php/board,6.0.html
MyMonte.com- not much
http://mymonte.com/discussion/index.php?showforum=34
Ebay Motors- that's where my Intimidator came from, but from a F--d dealer in Pa.
http://www.motors.ebay.com/
Wayne
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2319272

Old 09-11-2007, 06:37 PM

Alright, found badging... You can find plenty like these on ebay

Aftermarket Badging

Good Luck!

-Keegan

Old 09-11-2007, 07:16 PM

Welcome to MCF Jason!!!