New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

New here info on selling needed...

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 04:56 PM
Default New here info on selling needed...

I have a friend in the autp restroration bizz who asked me to post his monte,elky,malibu parts for sale,
The fellow has a ton of stuff, I didnt see a for sale section here do you guys not allow that?
Many thanks
Cheers,
P.

Old 11-15-2010, 05:26 PM

its at the very bottom the forum page. under classifieds. theres a "for sale" and a "wanted" thread

Old 11-15-2010, 06:17 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

Here is the reason why you dont see the Clasified section.

Attention all new members. If you have just joined and are wanting to post a for sale thread, until you have completed the 10 day and 5 post probational period, there will be no "Classified" section available for you to view or post in. If you post a for sale ad outside of the "Classified" section and havent reached the 5 posts and 10 days, your post will be removed. It can and will be moved to the "classified" section after the probational period is over. If you do not reach 5 posts and 10 days, your post will remain removed.
Thanks,
MCF Staff

Old 11-16-2010, 11:17 PM

I admit I am not a G body person, I am a Corvette person, check out the13bats on thecorvetteforum.com and you will see, Lol or google my handle I am all over all kinds of car forums, I own, mod and write for more than I can keep count of,
I was trying to help a friend and help fans of G bodies,
I assume your rule is to keep spammers out, but in this case it hurts G body fans because the fellow with the parts has a Sterling reputation in the world of high end Corvette restoration, he has a huge warehouse/shop that has more good rust free G body parts than I have seen in a long time,
Would I break your rules if I mentioned where else the parts are posted?
Or should I just reply 3 more times and post to classified...;-)
Many Thanks for all!
Cheers,
P.

Originally Posted by The Popcorn King
Here is the reason why you dont see the Clasified section.

Attention all new members. If you have just joined and are wanting to post a for sale thread, until you have completed the 10 day and 5 post probational period, there will be no "Classified" section available for you to view or post in. If you post a for sale ad outside of the "Classified" section and havent reached the 5 posts and 10 days, your post will be removed. It can and will be moved to the "classified" section after the probational period is over. If you do not reach 5 posts and 10 days, your post will remain removed.
Thanks,
MCF Staff

Old 11-17-2010, 06:54 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

The classified section is for contributing members. It isnt here to post stuff for sale like craigslist. Its for members selling parts to other members and so on. Ebay and craigslist are good places to post items for sale. If everyone who wanted to join just to post something for sale and then leave were allowed, our classified section would be full of spammers and 1 time posters.

Old 11-17-2010, 11:45 AM

Well, we run into that on sites I own or mod on and there are other ways to beat spammers than to hurt members as in missing out on that rare hard to find part,
Us vette people get 99.9% of our barn finds and other rare jewels from one time posters...I will respect your policies,
Your advice is well heard, I will be sure to use Craigslist...but I sadly find it akin to a dirt flea market.
Happy motoring,

Originally Posted by mrl390
The classified section is for contributing members. It isnt here to post stuff for sale like craigslist. Its for members selling parts to other members and so on. Ebay and craigslist are good places to post items for sale. If everyone who wanted to join just to post something for sale and then leave were allowed, our classified section would be full of spammers and 1 time posters.

Old 11-17-2010, 06:47 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

Its not just a spammer thing, its being fair to the members also. If someone who is a contributing member here has to compete with 1 time posters for a spot in the classifieds, its not really fair to that member. Alot of people only look at the first few slots in the classifieds, unless they are searching for something in particular. Every new classified post pushes the other threads down further out of sight.

My advice to you is to post your 2 more posts and wait the 10 days and the classifieds will be available to you. Then post your items up for sale. Nothing against forum rules there.