General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

A little info needed.

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 09:52 AM
Default A little info needed.

Ok I have owned my 2001 MC SS/HS since 2006. the thing is i have never seen one like this. It is a limited edition. Its is solid black. Black ground effects. and the emblems are all red. others that i have seen have Monte Carlo in black and then SS in red. I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on this car. I have read that th high sport was always two tone.

Old 05-21-2010, 09:58 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Sounds to me like the person who owned the car before you made some changes.

Old 05-21-2010, 10:10 AM

Seriously? no wonder im so confused. what makes you think that? is it true all high sports were two toned. cause i also had read that the black on black was the rarest. but i know not to believe everything you read. haha. i was thinking of selling and i am getting too many questions that i cant answer. thanks.

Old 05-21-2010, 10:20 AM

15 Year Member

You could get the high sports kit painted either body color, or the 2-tone. (I believe)

Those emblems on the side, the SS is always in red, and the Monte Carlo is always in the body color. So it looks like the previous owner took the black Monte Carlo off and replaced it with red ones. It's common for the owners of black cars to do that swap, I've contemplated putting the silver badges on my car (but I'm just going to take them 100% off)

You can also tell that they didn't align them very well when they were put on, they look a little high, crooked and a little too far from the SS

Old 05-21-2010, 10:28 AM

How right you are. My emblems are very crooked. So then that explains it. Thank you.I too was going to put silver emblems on it. I can only figure out how to put pics in the garage. So i put one there.

Old 05-21-2010, 10:30 AM

15 Year Member

I noticed.

You could also upload the photos to photobucket and do the [ img] tags to show them in a post.

Old 05-21-2010, 10:58 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

That is correct - the ground effects could be painted body color or silver. When I special ordered my 03 I was limited to a couple of colors if I wanted the 2-tone - Red, Black or white. I chose red. I really wanted yellow but for some reason or another I was told no.

Old 05-21-2010, 11:00 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

i think it looks good either way

Old 05-21-2010, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by SSTACY
How right you are. My emblems are very crooked. So then that explains it. Thank you.I too was going to put silver emblems on it. I can only figure out how to put pics in the garage. So i put one there.
Do you mean you wanna make the emblem as in "monte carlo" silver?? if this is what youre talking about I would be willing to trade you my silver trunk emblem for your black one. My wife has been wanting a black one since we got the car.

Or am I completely off on what youre wanting to do?? Do you mean the knites crest is what youre wanting to make siver??

Old 05-21-2010, 12:10 PM

My 03 that I just traded in for an 06 had the high sport package. The car was all white and I believe that was the only year that the emblems on the side of the car was all red which was unique to that year and model.

If anyone is looking for the emblems in red I took them off the car before trading it in so I really don't have a need for them.

Quick Reply: A little info needed.