New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

New Guy w/ Issues

Old 04-20-2015, 08:08 PM
Default New Guy w/ Issues

Hello Everyone, I am new to the forum, because I recently bought a 96 monte LS, 3.1.

I have never owned a Monte before but I have been a mechanic for 15+yrs.
Nice to meet everyone,

Old 04-20-2015, 08:11 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2015
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Welcome to the forum

Old 04-20-2015, 08:23 PM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Welcome to the forum!!

Old 04-20-2015, 08:37 PM

Thank You, I was here looking for an answer to my braking issue. I have recently bought this monte for 800 dollars. I have since replaced the High pressure power steering hose, power steering pump, Front rotors, calipers, pads, hoses. Rear shoes, wheel cylinders, hardware, drums. The Anti lock (Amber) light has been on, due to a faulty RR Wheel speed sensor.
Now, my issue is I have bought a new master cylinder, but I cannot figure out how to separate the master cylinder from the motor pack to install the new parts, and get this car back on the road.
If anyone has a picture of disassembly or anything showing how to do this job, I will very much appreciate it.

Old 10-18-2015, 02:21 PM

Hello everyone, well i came back to post my answer for myself. This site doesnt seem very active, but ill post my next issue in the main page and see what happens...

I fixed the braking issue on my monte carlo, By finding a diagram on Google showing exploded view of dis-assembly. had to use a GM Tech 1 Scanner to move gears inside of motor pack before taking it apart, and use it again to return the gears back to home when installed, after bleeding....

Brakes have been fine ever since.....

Old 10-18-2015, 02:32 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Christopher Fisher
Hello everyone, well i came back to post my answer for myself. This site doesnt seem very active, but ill post my next issue in the main page and see what happens...

I fixed the braking issue on my monte carlo, By finding a diagram on Google showing exploded view of dis-assembly. had to use a GM Tech 1 Scanner to move gears inside of motor pack before taking it apart, and use it again to return the gears back to home when installed, after bleeding....

Brakes have been fine ever since.....
Wow, now that's a first for me. Almost makes this typical do it yourselfer job another notch more formidable. Thanks for posting your solution. Wow your Monte sucked up a lot of money right out of the gate, ugh!

Old 10-18-2015, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by ZIPPY02
Wow, now that's a first for me. Almost makes this typical do it yourselfer job another notch more formidable. Thanks for posting your solution. Wow your Monte sucked up a lot of money right out of the gate, ugh!
LOL Yes it did, now another problem with high idle, and not wanting to start occasionally, even stalled out on me on my way to work.....having trouble finding where to post my question, and reading thru forums

Old 10-18-2015, 06:38 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I think you hit the nail on the head. It's best for post #1 in a thread have all the main business in it (such as if you are having a problem, mention what it is). This thread appeared to just be an introduction thread, so easy for people to miss that you needed help.
We have a lot of people who are eager to offer advice when they are able to.

had to use a GM Tech 1 Scanner to move gears inside of motor pack before taking it apart, and use it again to return the gears back to home when installed, after bleeding....
I have heard of needing a TechI or even a TechII to do just that (I believe the early/mid 90's Grand Ams were the same way).
Happy to hear all is working

Old 10-18-2015, 09:34 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

LOL Yes it did, now another problem with high idle, and not wanting to start occasionally, even stalled out on me on my way to work.....having trouble finding where to post my question, and reading thru forums
Wonder if this would be related to your MAF air meter. Easy enough to buy the MAF spray cleaner and gently clean it. You can even unplug it to see if your car has the same symptoms you described. If not then it could need a cleaning (watch video's if needed) and or replaced.