New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

new guy with a question for the ss lovers

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by nascar43
Welcome to the forum. The car sounds like someone's old headache so be careful. Are You willing to put the much needed work into it ? Check the frame.....run a magnet along the sides to check for bondo. I agree with the others. No higher than $3500.00.
Good luck.
id stick with the 3500 myself...

but then again im trading a $2500 Z24 for a 84 monte in better shape then the one ur looking at so i gues i got lucky...but dont take it the wrong way that car looks in GREAT shape

Old 07-13-2010, 08:56 AM

whell my dad used to do auto recon and auto body full time so i dont think the buffing and stuff is a problem sence i have snap on everything and all the pro choice compounds. allready hit it with the magnet and the only spot where there was bondo was in the center of the pasanger door for a ding. not too big or bad. and there is no rust whatsoever on the frame, only a little bubbleing through on the botom of the doors, but it isnt too bad, cant put ur finger through it or notice it even unless you really feel the car. not shure why the brakes are soo hard tho, and he says he just put in the booster and cylinder. i think it is just because the booster needs to be broken in and pumped but u never know. also the brake lights on like i said and he told me he used a speed bleeder. i just hope he dident half the job and leave air in the lines. but the 350 is not to bad. and he has the new motor paperwork which is a plus. im just concerned about the brakes more than anything. i will be able to do the weatherstriping and seats as i go, but i cant have my brakes give out on me. and it better pass inspection. idk i will let you guys kno how it works out. im stopping by to talk him down to 3-35 tonight and give him a down. FINGERS CROSSED FOR 3000! hahaha

Old 07-13-2010, 06:47 PM

lol yea great deal for $3000...and well id honestly rather have the brakes be to hard they tooo soft....cuz the clone i looked at hardly had brakes...

id bleed ur brakes lines once u get it just to make sure