New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

My name is Connie

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2017, 07:54 PM
Default My name is Connie

Hi I live in Merced California my name is Connie and own a 2005 montecarlo ls. Just wanted to introduce myself

Old 08-05-2017, 08:59 PM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hi Connie, welcome to the forum.

Your user name implies you might have a problem. We're here to help.

How's it going with that radiator project?

Last edited by plumbob; 08-05-2017 at 09:01 PM.
Old 08-05-2017, 09:55 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Cool welcome to the Monte Carlo forum.

Hi Connie,
welcome to the Monte Carlo forum.

what do you need help with? Been to Merced back in the 60's I think we had a marching band thing there once and then I think Stanley had a ordering center there back in the 80's so I talked to a few girls on the order desk.
Probably changed a bunch since then.

Old 08-07-2017, 02:40 AM

Well I give up on my Montecarlo because I don't have the means to fix it. It needs a head gasket and I'm looking to sell it or trade for something that runs. It's a 2005 montecarlo ls.

Old 08-07-2017, 10:09 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Well if that is the case you won't get so much from selling it. May as well get some of the head gasket repair liquid you pour into the coolant and stretch out the miles some. K-Seal makes a very good one, get it at your auto parts stores, even Walmart here sells it. Used it on a cracked block and it worked. Take a minute and read up on it. The Bars S brands did not get good ratings, the K-seal many people rated it highly. So I tried it and it worked perfectly on a Cavaliers cracked block and my trucks lower intake gasket repair. I give it 5 Stars!! What have you got to lose?

https://www.kseal.com/

Once the crack or hole has been located, the microfibers instantly begin to mesh together within the gap, building a seal literally fiber by fiber to stop the coolant leaking through the gap.

The particles in our K-Seal products are very precisely designed to be large enough to repair holes up to 0.635mm in size but deliberately small enough to never block any passageways or tubes within the cooling system, including those inside the heater core and radiator.

Once the microfibers have sealed and fixed the leak, a combination of exposure to either the external atmosphere or the gases within the combustion chamber and the heat within the cooling system and engine causes the K-Seal formula to cure. This results in an extremely strong and permanent seal able to withstand even the high pressures from the combustion chamber. This is how K-Seal Ultimate is able to repair head gasket failures, even where the cooling system is being overpressurised by exhaust gases entering the system.

Common Coolant Leaks

K-Seal can deal with all of these leaks and more, as long as they are identified as early as possible. It is easy to use – simply shake it and pour it into the coolant mixture and it will work automatically

Old 08-11-2017, 08:16 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Sorry to hear. I will be the guy that disagrees with any gasket sealer in a bottle. That stuff can clog up stuff and cause more harm than good. Or it won't do anything at all. I've never seen anyone have luck with any of it and I will personally never use it.

Old 08-13-2017, 11:06 PM

I Dunno, I used one don't remember the name, cost around 60-70 $ a couple yers back in my '00 Pontiac grand prix and it worked great!? did this then gave the car to my daughter who drove it from fl. to mi. and then for a while with no problem until her idiot family up there went to "winterize" the car for her,after I told them it had this stuff in it and had new coolant,thermostat etc. They flushed the car out then it started messing up! I think its worth a try since you wont get much for it not running or running poorly? put it in, if it helps take it and trade her in!!! JMO