New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

jimmie from Colorado (newbie)

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2014, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by Montelicious
Welcome to the forum, I hope you get your problems worked out.
Thank you i hope so to lol thanks for the post.

Old 08-06-2014, 11:45 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Regal97
Wouldn't that throw a code? When my regals cps went out it would throw a code when ever id try to peel out and i had long cranking, which i have now also, sometimes when i start it it will try to start and then die and then if i re pressurize my pump by turning the key off and then on it would start up immediately. Thats why its leaning me toward fuel pump. Lol thankyou for posting as well any info helps at this point.
No it was not throwing a code, we could see by the signal that it would spike and then would fall off at a certain point, kind of an intermittent current. The builder described it to me, it's been a year now, so I don't remember everything exactly as relayed to me.

My car would also go dead stick at WOT, total engine shut down. Would start right back up. It never was dying while idling though.

Old 08-06-2014, 11:48 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2012
Monte Of The Month -- December 2014
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by Regal97
Yeah havent upgraded pump which i kinda figured would be a problem ill get that asap. I plan on redoing suspension parts as well since basically all 4 struts need replacing, along with the cvaxle and tranny mount. Ill look at the ground by the icm bracket. And thank you for posting the help i appreciate it. By chance for suspension i want my regal to pretty much feel smooth all around so i heard to keep it grandpa status to put in Monroe struts.
No problem. I upgraded my pump to a Walbro 255, and it drew so much power, my stock itty bitty wires on the fuel sending unit melted together. I have since done a full rewire, from the fuse box to the pump, and got a new sending unit, had to replace the pump too... But all has been well since.

I can't help much with the suspension, mine is stock but rides good. If you have any other questions though feel free to ask and I'll help out as much as I can.

Old 08-07-2014, 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by ZIPPY02
No it was not throwing a code, we could see by the signal that it would spike and then would fall off at a certain point, kind of an intermittent current. The builder described it to me, it's been a year now, so I don't remember everything exactly as relayed to me.

My car would also go dead stick at WOT, total engine shut down. Would start right back up. It never was dying while idling though.
Hmm Idk ive replaced it once before but its possible since my dads the one who put the harmonic balancer on so i wonder if somethin got messed up. But he swears it went on fine and came off fine. So idk. Hes done mechanic work for 30 years. Ill give an update soon as i replace the pump. Lol

Old 08-09-2014, 03:55 PM

Replacing my pump tomorrow guys.. wish me luck

Old 08-09-2014, 05:50 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I too noticed you threw 3 maf's at it...

were they all used? if so..that maybe the problem as well..

Welcome to the forum..

Keep us posted as to what fixed it.

Old 08-09-2014, 07:57 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member

Best of luck to you!! Hope this resolves your WOT gremlin issues...

Old 08-11-2014, 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by STUMPMI
I too noticed you threw 3 maf's at it...

were they all used? if so..that maybe the problem as well..

Welcome to the forum..

Keep us posted as to what fixed it.
The first 2 were but the third was a remanufactured by gm one that i sent in.

Old 08-11-2014, 12:38 AM

So went and replaced the pump well attempted, got the wrong pump had everything taken apart dang it, lol only thing was when i pulled the pump 1 had a blue ring, 2 the socks on the pump were white with little to no yellowing from fuel ,lastly it was a delco pump so i just took everything apart and cleaned everything with carb cleaner and maf sensor cleaner for the one sensor and let it all dry before putting it back. Car runs well havent had wot issue but then again havent layed on it yet. So i plan on getting a new pump for a gs of my year and trying it again

Old 08-16-2014, 04:01 PM

I need tissues for my L3-67 issues lol cars peeing coolant not alot just. Little. I pressure tested it at 16 psi and ita dripping onto the power steering pulley so i dont know if its the plastic elbow i forgot to replace or if its the water pump? Car heating up but not over heating and only gets super hot but not overheating when the ac is on is when it heats up, also my car sputters worse as it gets hotter. Could the leak be my issue?

Quick Reply: jimmie from Colorado (newbie)