New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

jimmie from Colorado (newbie)

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2014, 11:20 PM
Default jimmie from Colorado (newbie)

Hello everyone, my name is jim romero, im 18 years old from colorado with a loved and cared for tan 97.5 buick regal who is topswapped. I top swapped by the help of a man named greg
And countless others who deserve mentioning but its a long list. I began by buying my regal off of an older gentle man by the name of charles he was 90 years old and was willing to give it to me for 500 bucks with a problem of turning the blinker switch and it caused the car to shut off. Thats when the regal gs forum became my friend and thats where i met greg aka gojo. I fixed my problem of course and she was running beautifully. I detail cars for a living and have for 7 years, cleaned her up and the buick shined like a diamond (in my eyes of course) . After owning her for a couple mknths i happened to talk to my father and he mentioned a supercharger, lim, fuel rail, injectors, and throttle body + sensors for 60 bucks. I bought it. I knew about the 3800 series 2 engine quite well so i thought. I have also an 03 regal ls that my grandmother purchased 4 years back and thats how i got into regals.
Any who i looked into the top swapped list and did a little junk yard hunting and got new parts and a can tuned pcm and my top swap began in june. I did the top swap and it was a little tough but nothing to strenuous. I ran into some problems like things breaking and such nothing to dreadful. Well after the swap was said and done. I came to a large problem that i still have till this date.
Before this im on both grand prix forum and regal forum. I am known as RacingRegal36 but not anymore. I argued and pursued a journey that consisted of anger and i want to remove myself from that persona and cret a new environment for myself.
Now the problem ):, my regal has a stutter at wot that i cannot get rid of. I do have an elm 327 so i scan for knock daily but today im recieving 4-7 degrees but because of the stutter it's inconsistent. My regal when at wot will do some pretty demonic things. I currently have replaced: all coilpacks
2 sets of spark plugs which are gapped at .50.
2 sets of wires
3 icms
3 maf sensors
2 iac sensors
2 tps sensors
1 map sensor
All new vac lines
Vac modulator x2
Tensioner pulleys
Fuel filter x2
All injectors 2 times
1 fuel rail entire thing
Alternator x2
Belts both x2
Put in cold air intake aka fwi
180 t stat
Zzperformance 1.0 pcm for top swaps
Added a 3rd fan (my fingers got caught in there)
Evap purge canister x2
Fpr once
Bbv 1 time
Im sure there is more but i cant think at the moment.
My vac lines are currently routed as: vac modulator goes to a tee that goes to the bbv solenoid and then to another tee at the fpr that goes to the bottom of the charger to the map sensor. I have a 98+ supercharger which came from an 04 Bonneville ssei so theres only one tree. At the tree it goes one to the brake booster, 1 to the bbv and the other to the accesory for the vents ect.
Spark plug and plug wire type : im running ac delco iridium plugs with .50 gap my wires were acdelco wires but now i have the normal wires from duralast aka cheapies.

I do have some simple things in my car such as the fwi, the tuned pcm, third fan, 180 t stat, no other flow mods sadly.
My cars top half of the engine has 90 k miles my lower half has 156k
It was babied since 1999 where the old man bought it from the local buick dealership. It was 1 owner with plenty records of care. It was clean minus the typical dents and scratches.
Forgot to mention ive done a radiator flush when i first bought the regal, currently am running Premium gas.
I do have a plethora of photos and videos which i will post below. Again hope to see some awesome people here. Thanks for stopping by.

Old 08-05-2014, 11:22 PM
Old 08-05-2014, 11:23 PM

Engine Bay Pics Photos by jcr_1996 | Photobucket
The second link to my tear down when my fuel rail leaked

Old 08-05-2014, 11:28 PM

Buick regal top swap problems under acceleration:
This will allow you to go to my youtube page and see my multiple videos of stutter

Old 08-05-2014, 11:32 PM

Forgot to add to the vac lines that i have the evap ourge canister going to the throttle body. This is how the people on the grand prix forum have me routing them.

Old 08-06-2014, 09:26 AM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2012
Monte Of The Month -- December 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Check your grounds and your fuel pump and fuel pump wiring. If the fuel pump and/or wiring hasn't been upgraded since you got boosted, I'd look into that. Also, it could be the tune. I had a ZZP tune on a basic 96 MC L67 swap and the tune was pure crap.

Old 08-06-2014, 10:50 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

When mine was cutting out at at WOT, ended up being my Crank position sensor. And we believe the ZZP plog exhaust manifolds played an additional part as they were coming apart, cracking at the collector welds, essentially causing an exhaust leak that was magnified under extreme boost and the wastegate could not operate within it's pressure zone, which in turn effected the turbo's performance.

New custom made Cartuning exhaust manifolds, CPS and no more cutting out at WOT.

Old 08-06-2014, 11:48 AM
Monte Of The Month -- December 2010
Monte Of The Month -- November 2014
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome to the forum, I hope you get your problems worked out.

Old 08-06-2014, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by nitehawkjcb
Check your grounds and your fuel pump and fuel pump wiring. If the fuel pump and/or wiring hasn't been upgraded since you got boosted, I'd look into that. Also, it could be the tune. I had a ZZP tune on a basic 96 MC L67 swap and the tune was pure crap.
Yeah havent upgraded pump which i kinda figured would be a problem ill get that asap. I plan on redoing suspension parts as well since basically all 4 struts need replacing, along with the cvaxle and tranny mount. Ill look at the ground by the icm bracket. And thank you for posting the help i appreciate it. By chance for suspension i want my regal to pretty much feel smooth all around so i heard to keep it grandpa status to put in Monroe struts.

Old 08-06-2014, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by ZIPPY02
When mine was cutting out at at WOT, ended up being my Crank position sensor. And we believe the ZZP plog exhaust manifolds played an additional part as they were coming apart, cracking at the collector welds, essentially causing an exhaust leak that was magnified under extreme boost and the wastegate could not operate within it's pressure zone, which in turn effected the turbo's performance.

New custom made Cartuning exhaust manifolds, CPS and no more cutting out at WOT.
Wouldn't that throw a code? When my regals cps went out it would throw a code when ever id try to peel out and i had long cranking, which i have now also, sometimes when i start it it will try to start and then die and then if i re pressurize my pump by turning the key off and then on it would start up immediately. Thats why its leaning me toward fuel pump. Lol thankyou for posting as well any info helps at this point.

Quick Reply: jimmie from Colorado (newbie)