New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

I now own a 2001 Monte

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 02:48 AM
Default I now own a 2001 Monte

I am about to turn 19 and i had several vehicles already. The first car i ever drove was a 1997 Pontiac Grand Am that my brother gave to me when i received my license. After I graduated from high school my dad bought me a 2007 Ford F-150 with a custom exhaust and 22" wheels. I loved her to death. But sadly i had to give it back to my dad when i started college, because of the high insurance and not to mention it was a gas guzzler. Shortly after i bought my first ever car which was 2004 dodge Stratus that left me broke. It wasn't my taste of a car, but it was 4 cyl that saved me some money in the long run, while i had it. I spent all my money i had saved from working in the construction, masonry jobs and other short term summer jobs i had while i was in high school. A year later i traded the stratus for a 2001 3.8L Black Monte Carlo. I maintained the stratus in tip top shape but the previous owner of the Monte didn't do the same. the Seats are torn and im going to need a new radiator soon not to mention the tires i recently replaced. i had barley put new bridgestone tires on the stratus and i had to put some cheap doral tires on the monte .. its kind of sad, but it was the only thing i could afford at the time.. i have a few questions though...i would like to make my monte a bit more snappier and faster what should i begin with, after i fix the cosmetic errors it has along with the radiator ... im currently working at burger king so my pay isn't all that great and only receive about a thousand a month, give or take a few.

Old 07-18-2011, 06:14 AM

Hi `Santos & Welcome to the Monte Carlo Family.

Thanks for your super introduction & background on your previous rides & life...

How many miles on your Monte ?
What options ?
Do you have any modifications to your Monte now ?

Explore the MCF & use our search engine for subjects of interest...If you can't find (?), just make a post & ask..

Simple, but productive mod's are exhaust & Cold Air Intake.
Look forward to your future posts/updates/ and pictures of your Monte.

Wish you fast/fun trouble`free miles in your AweSome Chevy Monte Carlo

Old 07-18-2011, 07:20 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome to the forum!

Old 07-18-2011, 07:42 AM

Welcome, Santos. Lots of folks here to help with almost any mod's you want to do to your new Monte as you get further along. Use the 'Search' tool to do some searches on old threads to learn about common performance enhancements.

I just replaced my radiator recently. It was a fairly easy job. If you don't have one yet, get a service manual (e.g. Haynes) to help with common (and not so common) maintenance - like swapping out the radiator.

Old 07-18-2011, 07:49 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome, there is tons you can do to the car. Just remember cheap and power don't really go hand in hand.

There's a great thread in the intake/exhaust section, it's a sticky about modifying your 3800 series engine.

Old 07-18-2011, 07:52 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

Welcome. There are many things you can do to your Monte. This forum is FULL of great info about numerous different mods. Just go searching

Old 07-18-2011, 01:38 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

Welcome and good luck getting it all fixed up the way you want.

Old 07-18-2011, 02:14 PM

welcome to the forum. And may I ask to anyone on this thread could the radiator go bad because of dexcool? I don't think I have dexcool in my car when i bought it it had red coolant which I've never changed out, (which i will change all fluids after winter which is a ways away but it will be put in storage for winter), but all of the red coolant I've seen does not come prediluted and you have to add water, which is unlike dexcool which I've heard is bad for vehicles, if it's true that it's bad should i flush my coolant from my Dodge Ram before winter because I've been using dexcool and it seems to leak a little coolant every so often.

Old 07-18-2011, 02:17 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Welcome.

Old 07-18-2011, 02:45 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2010
Monte Of The Month -- July 2013
IT HERTZ
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome.

Quick Reply: I now own a 2001 Monte