New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

I LOVE my new car!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2012, 09:57 AM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!

77gp, I am up in South Bend, but I went to school at BSU, so I know where you are. ;-)

I know my husband is paranoid about the transmission after that other car had issues. A friend says he has a few friends with bad transmissions. AND, the dealership must have changed the transmission fluid because he said it certainly looked new. They had also given it an oil change, new front brakes and rotors, and serpantine belt. So he doesn't know if the tranny fluid was to hide a problem or just good maintenance. I'm definitely going to get it serviced (we never did on my old car). I'm hoping the fact that it only had one owner helps. The other car had 4 owners, and #2 had it repossessed.

The Illinois title listed it as teal green, but Indiana likes to simplify colors so it'll probably become "green." Only got one pic so far due to crappy weather (it was snowing at the time, lol).

Old 02-11-2012, 09:59 AM

I do liek that color on them. This is not the one i had in mind but same color. About 4 months back I was looking at one and it was this same color but a lot cleaner and had a tanish color leather interior with tan and black dash and 87k the dealer that had it was askin 7 grand it was beautiful. If I ever get another Monte it will be green, the purple color or possibly blue and most likely between 2000-2005 years. I would consider a 3900 powered Monte though but thats a ways away to thinka bout.

Old 02-11-2012, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by BethinIN
Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!

77gp, I am up in South Bend, but I went to school at BSU, so I know where you are. ;-)

I know my husband is paranoid about the transmission after that other car had issues. A friend says he has a few friends with bad transmissions. AND, the dealership must have changed the transmission fluid because he said it certainly looked new. They had also given it an oil change, new front brakes and rotors, and serpantine belt. So he doesn't know if the tranny fluid was to hide a problem or just good maintenance. I'm definitely going to get it serviced (we never did on my old car). I'm hoping the fact that it only had one owner helps. The other car had 4 owners, and #2 had it repossessed.

The Illinois title listed it as teal green, but Indiana likes to simplify colors so it'll probably become "green." Only got one pic so far due to crappy weather (it was snowing at the time, lol).

I thought that'd be the color looks good

Old 02-11-2012, 09:32 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2012
1 Year Member

Welcome!!

Old 02-12-2012, 07:19 PM

I felt the same way when I picked up my 04SS. AND I STILL DO! Good luck with it and welcome!

Old 02-12-2012, 07:37 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

welcome

Old 02-12-2012, 10:03 PM

We (my family) had one exactly like this, bought it new when I was younger. Definitely loved it, and influenced me to get my 06 I have now
Glad you love it, enjoy!

Old 02-12-2012, 10:06 PM

Yeah I was the same way when I got mine even with the problems it had. Hope you have a good time with yours, and that's a unique color you have. I'm from Indiana too!

Old 02-28-2012, 11:25 PM

wow . that teal green is a rare color on monte carlos .i wish my car was that color
i had my 00 ss since dec 2011 and im quite impressed with it.. love the gas milege
with the 3.8 motor.

Old 02-29-2012, 01:28 AM

theres something about these cars. you cant help but fall in love with them. i decided the day i got mine that im never selling it. even when im forced to buy something new(er) im keeping it forever

iv never liked green cars, but it fits so well on 6th gens.

Quick Reply: I LOVE my new car!