New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

having radiator fan problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2013, 01:07 PM
Default having radiator fan problems

I have recently bought a 1995 Monte Carlo ls with the 3.1 v6 in it and im having issues with radiator fans. whoever had the car before me wired the #2 cooling fan to a toggle switch inside. the #1 fan only kicks on when the AC is engaged. I was wondering if that's what its supposed to do and why would somebody wire the #2 fan inside. I thought the thermostat temp switch was part of the factory wiring to kick on the #2 fan after driving for a while. if anybody has any information on why this was done it would be a great help. im not having any overheating problems or anything I just would like to be in the minds eye of what the hell the other person was thinking.

Old 09-20-2013, 02:31 PM

Welcome to the MCF

I have no idea why a previous owner did what they did ? Do you know the previous owner ? Can you contact them ?
Maybe ? the previous owner wired it so he could turn on the fan `if he sat at the beach or any location for a long period of time to make sure the fan would be on & keep the car from heating `up ?

Maybe one of our member's has done this & will reply to your thread.

How many miles on your Monte ? How many owner's ? Do you have any pictures to post ? (Hope so ?)

Keep checking back on your thread to see what member's post.
Explore the MCF & EnJoy

How's life in Green Cove Spring , Fl ?

Images from top, left to right: Clay County Courthouse, the springs, Clay County Courthouse (Florida), St. Mary's Episcopal Church (Green Cove Springs, Florida), Clay Theatre, Clay County Historical Museum

Last edited by Space; 09-20-2013 at 02:35 PM.
Old 09-21-2013, 09:12 AM

No I don't know the owner the car originally came from
New York new and has been in Florida ever since. My father and I did a car fax on the car and it has been in any accidents or anything. It has had a few different owners until it was traded in at a dealer then wholesaled to a mom and pop type dealer where I got it from. It runs good. I was just confused on why someone would wire the second fan to a toggle. It doesn't bother me to have the option to switch it on and off. It makes it more like a racers car. I don't have pictures yet but I will post some. So far from what the odometer reads there are 186000 miles on her right now.

Old 09-21-2013, 09:20 AM

Thanks for your reply & infor. Explore the MCF & you will learn a lot about the Monte Carlo..

With 186K miles, you must continue to maintain & treat your Monte with love & it will love you back

Wish you safe & happy miles > EnJoy

Old 09-21-2013, 11:33 AM

Oh yes I will do. I'm about to be going to school to be a mechanic. Cars are my love next to my wife of course!!

Old 09-21-2013, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by firstcarlo95
Oh yes I will do. I'm about to be going to school to be a mechanic. Cars are my love next to my wife of course!!

It's great to have a wife that's next to your Monte Carlo
What school are you going to ? Wish you the best & it's a great profession.
EnJoy

How's life in Green Cove Spring , Fl ? Do you like that part of Florida.
I've been to the ports @ Jacksonville & it sure is a Big & crazy city & everyone seems to be racing there