New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

2003 pace car "hurt"

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2016, 10:47 PM
1 Year Member

both cars insured by the same company . wont mention the name but it starts with a P thats the messed up part. its not about weather or not they will take care of the loss . they will! i just feel they are jerking it around till they are good and ready . im more bummed that my car is messed up because of stupidity . and not even my own stupidity. i can understand a accident but this was, and is just stupidity.

Old 10-31-2016, 07:54 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Question

Originally Posted by tonybagony
both cars insured by the same company . wont mention the name but it starts with a P thats the messed up part. its not about weather or not they will take care of the loss . they will! i just feel they are jerking it around till they are good and ready . im more bummed that my car is messed up because of stupidity . and not even my own stupidity. i can understand a accident but this was, and is just stupidity.
Call Flo and tell her this is a mess and she needs to get you fixed up?

Old 10-31-2016, 08:11 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

First, if the pic you shared is of the damage, it looks bad, but not horrible. I attached a pic of what I found Sunday morning at my hotel parking lot, last day of the GM Nationals. Don't get me wrong, I had a struggle to get the car right. My first mistake was using the wrong body shop. But now, all is 100% good, full recovery.

Second, if that insurance company is who I think it is, there Flo is no good. I had them for a while, then another motorist rear ended my Buick Century at the time and they treated ME like a victim. The Buick was being totaled (pic attached) I had to learn a ton about my local laws and car values and such. If you want to share details, PM me. But the long story short, I got them to cough up their CCC report that was used to value my car, in hopes to find a match that I could use to replace my car. I found that report did not comply with the guidelines of state law. And that was why I left that company ASAP and never looked back (heck I have better rates when I switched too).

Attached Thumbnails 2003 pace car "hurt"-img_7347.jpg   2003 pace car "hurt"-buick-accident16.jpg   2003 pace car "hurt"-buick-accident18.jpg  
Old 11-01-2016, 02:17 AM

That company is the worst. My ex-wofe got T-boned in my old Beretta when she was pregnant. Progressive insured the other guy, so they paid for the repairs.

They used a junkyard door with tinting and the wrong side moldings, which weren't painted correctly. They put the nameplate in the wrong place. They left parts off the wheels. And none of that is the bad part.

The bad part is after we moved, I took it into the shop to have the brakes done, and was informed that the accident had cracked the CV axle, and it had not been repaired. My wife and son could've been killed so they could save $500.

Old 11-06-2016, 09:27 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Some of that might be Progressive's fault, but sounds like the greater share of it was fault of the shop used to do the work. Not sure if it's the same for all sates, but in Ohio, regardless of what you insurance company wants, you get to select the shop to do the repairs (but the insurance company has the right to state they want to use salvage parts vs new parts).

What you said about the CV axle goes into an argument I've made. Insurance companies have a variety of reasons they don't want to give full coverage on a car that was totaled and rebuilt. The popular reason is they consider the car "high risk" because they don't know the quality of the repairs. First off, totaling means nothing more then cost of repair out weighs the value. Old a car gets, the easier it is to total. As for the quality of repairs, you can go to a "reputable" shop (even one the insurance company recommends) and they can leave things broken that should have been fixed. So by the logic of "quality of repair", sounds to me any time a car gets in a fender bender, full coverage should be removed.

Old 11-06-2016, 06:22 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2016
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by drivernumber3
One thing to do in the future is to get an appraisal on the car, that way its not the blue book value.
How do you get a car appraised? who do you go to?
I may want to do that after motor/trans rebuild is done

Old 08-08-2021, 06:03 PM

I do understand. I park away from everyone and i still have people hit my bumpers.good thing my husband does body work. Someone just got my drivers side bumper. Looks like they didnt pull far enough away before turning. Im fixing to park it and get me a bumper car to go to town...bet they wont never hit that damn thing..

Old 08-08-2021, 06:04 PM

iM AM GOING TO GET MINE DONE BY MY INSURANCE CO.AMERICAN MODERN.. FOR CLASSIC CARS AND MINE IS THEIR.. 20 + YEARS AND ITS A CLASSIC

Old 08-09-2021, 01:08 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by "02montecarlo
I do understand. I park away from everyone and i still have people hit my bumpers.good thing my husband does body work. Someone just got my drivers side bumper. Looks like they didnt pull far enough away before turning. Im fixing to park it and get me a bumper car to go to town...bet they wont never hit that damn thing..
I can shake my head up and down in agreement. Park far away, come out and invariably have 2 to 3 cars with the same idea. Life will be strange.

Old 08-09-2021, 01:12 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

02montecarlo, where are you from? I read your statements and it has the go ol Southern Charm wording. Inquiring minds want to know...

Quick Reply: 2003 pace car "hurt"