New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

2003 pace car "hurt"

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2016, 08:25 PM
1 Year Member
Default 2003 pace car "hurt"

can you believe ,parked in a parking lot ,no where even close to any other car, some lady comes and in reverse drives through four different isles (two isles with parked cars ) and slams into my pace car so hard that she moved it sideways two feet????? I can not tell you how much pain i feel right now. i cant believe that my pride and joy is now wrecked.. it will never be the same. I cant believe what just happened . i mean really????? i am sooo hurt
sorry just venting

Old 10-27-2016, 07:17 AM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Oh man that is horrible. You are in my thoughts. Any chance of repair??

Old 10-27-2016, 07:33 AM
1 Year Member

it can be repaired ,but will never be the same , insurance says only 2 grand of damage. (yea i agree with junk yard parts or aftermarket parts). thats not i want on my car , i dont want it pieced together. it wasnt pieced together before it was slammed into. i want NEW OEM GM parts , cause thats what this car deserves. i took it to a very very good ,fair shop and was quoted $ 4800 in damages. but no one cares about that estimate . also found out that limited edition pace car 1 of 1401 made means nothing . "its just a monte carlo ss". just unbelievable

Old 10-27-2016, 07:35 AM
1 Year Member

car was hit in front pass side. back of drivers side fender is now in the windshield

Old 10-27-2016, 07:45 AM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

That is just crazy!!

Old 10-27-2016, 10:53 AM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2015
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Wow that is crazy, sorry to hear

Old 10-27-2016, 05:41 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Not sure the insurance laws where you are at, but where I am at, you get to choose what shop does the work. You might want to begin there.
Also, I have seen where some insurance companies state they will use re-conditioned parts and fix the car until you are satisfied. Pay good attention to how the repairs are done and I would encourage you to visit the shop.
As far as being pace car #1, sadly with insurance that doesn't mean anything (because in the end, the Pace Car is just visual options for the most part). Now, if you were insured with a collector insurance, that might make a difference.

Now my burning questions:
- I assume the lady was cited? Or at least marked as responsible in the police report?
- Did she say why she traveled that far in reverse?
- Pics?

I wish you the best getting your Monte fixed. Mine had a hit-n-run at my hotel for the GM Nationals over night. That sucked!! I had to pay my deductible, had no way to find the person who hit my Monte and for me, it resulted in 2 body shops to fix it to my satisfaction and about 2-3 months of not driving it.

Old 10-27-2016, 08:16 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Where I live parking lots are considered private property and no one gets cited. I got hit in a parking lot in my 05 SS (was T-boned and not my fault). The guy didn't even have a drivers license. Luckily he had insurance and eventually I was able to get back my deductible back.

Old 10-30-2016, 12:40 PM
1 Year Member

the lady was not cited , but there was a witness , and also video of the whole thing . (the lot has security cameras) . police were there , lady confessed to everything . police just filled out report. report says that the lady is responsible. its just unbelievable . the insurance comp. didnt even come look at the car yet , been just about a week now . i feel they are just jerking me around for something that is no fault of my own .
only good thing is that i am already in the process of buying a replacement. https://montecarloforum.com/forum/at...1&d=1477848841

Attached Thumbnails 2003 pace car "hurt"-00606_dvy0pqzg9ac_1200x900.jpg  
Old 10-30-2016, 04:39 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Question

Don't sign any release from the Insurance Company, get your insurance company involved they will want the other one to pay for all the damage. Don't let them push you around cause they are just bluffing there way, doesn't matter what the other guys coverage is you can get an attorney and make them pay for the loss or sue the driver to get it fixed.
One thing to do in the future is to get an appraisal on the car, that way its not the blue book value.
Good luck!!

Quick Reply: 2003 pace car "hurt"