NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

Picks/Shootout/Sat. Night

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2012 | 10:16 PM
|

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
3 Year Member1 Year Member
5 Year Member

I'll just change it to 2011 champ after years end.

I really want someone to beat me. I'm not going to roll over and let you do it. Now that I've won it once, I'll be happy to be taken down by someone on this forum and get to see someone else make a run at it. It's pretty fulfilling thing to win really.

All I really need is a good car to crash on one of its too laps, then i need a crash to take out a few good drivers in one of the the duels so a good driver gets that 41st place provisional.

How do you guys like the little model cars I had out for that video? I alwasy try to put something in those videos to make them worth watching.... or atleast looking at.

Last edited by Cowboy6622; 02-14-2012 at 10:26 PM.
Old 02-15-2012 | 06:00 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
15 Year Member

The car are a nice touch nice Duane, but we need a bigger stage set. With more lights. And a couple of hot women to stand on each side of you. They say nothing, but look like a couple of showgirls. Some pyro should blow off to start and end the thing...

Old 02-15-2012 | 03:53 PM
|

5 Year Member

Originally Posted by JuniorCar
The car are a nice touch nice Duane, but we need a bigger stage set. With more lights. And a couple of hot women to stand on each side of you. They say nothing, but look like a couple of showgirls. Some pyro should blow off to start and end the thing...
Noted. Talladega is coming.

Old 02-16-2012 | 08:39 AM

Bumped `Draft Cowboy `Duane Thread for a
Weather Forecast for Daytona this WeekEnd
Possible rain

5 Day Weather Forecast and Conditions for Daytona Beach
click above link
Hope everyone gets to watch the race EnJoy

Old 02-16-2012 | 11:51 AM

Super excited about the start of the new season and my first attempt at fantasy racing. Here are my picks:

1. Jeff Gordon
2. Brad Keselowski
3. Kevin Harvick

Old 02-16-2012 | 08:21 PM
|

5 Year Member

I'm getting excited... can't wait to see who my picks are tomorrow night!!!

Old 02-17-2012 | 06:04 PM
|

5 Year Member

Well it's raining in Daytona, but they draw for qualifying anywho. I guess the ycould practice tomorrow.

Here is a picture of what I was getting for the Torino a few weeks back that I mentioned...

So I've been making a little revision to my engine compartment and had a few things you may like to see....

I have the original style radiator/heater hose clamps, and a lot of new stickers. I have the "Front" sticker for the air cleaner, the Autolite sticker, a new 390 sticker (I repainted my air cleaner), a battery ok sticker on my Napa battery which has an Autolite cover, the engine code decal on the valve cover, and the sticker for the ignition coil, which is an MSD Blaster 2 repainted to the black and yellow.

On the interior, I bought a new set of the original style door locks, replacing my "anti theft" things I picked up at Auto Hell. I also have the sun visor sticker and that paper sleeve on how to start the car in there.

Suspension wise, I know my rear end was starting to sag a bit. It had air shocks at one point and had a pretty heavy duty trailer hitch welded underneath it that probably weakened the psrings over the years. I installed one a set of these helper springs. Seems to make the steering a little sharper in corners, like it isn't diving as much, and seems to sit maybe an inch or so higher ni the rear now. When you push on the deck lid, it isn't nearly as "bouncy" either.

Superior Industries LEAF SPRING HELPERS - JCWhitney

I also bought one of those bags (I didn't get a picture) that matches the plaid trunk mats to keep all my cleaners, tire shine, my spare parts, and the such so it isn't just scattered all over the place in there.

Old 02-17-2012 | 06:42 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
15 Year Member

Well its looking original Duane, but in all honesty, I'm not one of those guy who is really into the OE look - especially on older cars. But I do love that Torino. Is that a cracked exhaust manifold flange I see in the shot?!?

They got some practice off and Junior was dog slo - second slowest!!! Jimmie was slower and he got busted with an illegal c-pillar. I'm more pissed that they figured out an aerodynamic advantage that they thought they could get away with and they did not share the technical information with Junior. That is what it takes to win - straight up! I'm convinced Pony did not play on a level playing field to win last years championship. Good for him - he did what it takes to win. But Junior win not win if there is always someone else with better stuff at the track.

Old 02-17-2012 | 07:30 PM
|

5 Year Member

Well it's all about what you want to see. around ehre, everything is hot rodded, I like to be different by having everythign OE right and have a little fuel mileage (14 mpg compared to about 5 mpg for the hot rod guys). I find it fun putting all those original details.

But... that's just the history major in me. Graduating this year!!!!!

The crack there I had to look a minute to see what you were talking about... don't scare me like that anymore!!! The crack is that there are actually 3 different patterns for FE block (352, 360, 390, 428) engines for exhaust. When you buy headers, they generally aren't made for one or the other, they're just generic with 4 holes on the flange. Mine is supposed to be the 3 hole design (as a GT 390 would), but actually has the 2 bolt 390 heads off a '68 390 Galaxy car (so it's about 50 hp shy of what it should be, original engine spun a main bearing though), and it seems like there is a third design that has the holes side to side and instead of up and down like hwat I have. The three bolt pattern has them in a weird triangle pattern, with two on top and one on bottom I think.

Old 02-17-2012 | 07:41 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
10 Year Member

Duane , Engine Looking Nice..

Quick Reply: Picks/Shootout/Sat. Night