NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

Picks for the Shootout!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2011 | 08:47 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
15 Year Member

The terms "tandem racing" and "engaging" & "disengaging" were introduced. Tandem racing is what this is going to be all about. I would think that during the big event, The Daytona 500, we'll see more teamates coupling as "dance partners".

It was a little different, but no more based on luck then it has ever been. Still the same players - Jr did display some dominance before Regan Smith screwed that all up. But that's how it goes at Daytona. Both McMurray & Kurt drove patiently and deserved to be where they were at the end.

That yellow line rule is still screwed, but Nascar did show some consistency on enforcing the rule this time. Newman made a blocking move that Hamlin could respond to in no other way then to race below the line. I don't think thats reasonable tho...

Old 02-13-2011 | 08:50 AM
|

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
3 Year Member1 Year Member
5 Year Member

Well, Kasey Kahne and the one year stint with Red Bull is going off like a fart in the breeze. Never would have guessed they'd give him the bad equipment!!!

It was a weird race... I know they talked about the two car pack phenomenon a lot, but man is it alive and well at Daytona!!!! The racing was more fair than I thought it would be really. It looked like the stronger cars pulled away pretty well, and the weaker ones fell to the back.. not like Talladega where any old body can pull out and lead a lap if they do it just right with any old car.

Anyways, here are my computations, go back and check your figures.

LouGreen - 108
MonteCarlo3831 - 108
77GP - 105
Supercharged05SS - 98
Cowboy - 98
EarnhardtZ71 - 95
JuniorCar - 94
BocaReject - 88
Space - 83

Tehre was a tie, explained below, but I'm giving the win to LouGreen03!!!

Being as there were a pair of ties, I am implementing a new rule, which was Junior's idea for a bonus system. In the event of a tie, whoever called their 3 drivers in the closest to the actual order will be the winner. LouGreen03 called Harvick, Burton, and Bowyer in that order, which is how it went down. Since it is hard to get them in the exact correct order, the rule will follow that if you get 1st and 2nd picks correct, that is better than having 2nd and third in the correct order and your first pick being behind the other too. Supercharged05SS tied me, but his picks were Earnhardt Jr, Harvick, and Stewart in that order. Jr. placed in the back, and Harvick was ahead of Stewart. His 2nd and 3rd were in the correct order. I picked Harvick, Gordon, and Edwards, when in fact Gordon finished ahead of Harvick. I haven't figured out a good way to do this. Post your ideas. But I'm going to give 4th place to 05SuperchargedSS for now.

I will be keeping up with the results on a spreadsheet on my computer. Please, check my figures and be sure to file all disputes in this thread ASAP!

Last edited by Cowboy6622; 02-13-2011 at 08:52 AM.
Old 02-13-2011 | 08:55 AM

...Thanks `Brent for your input/thoughts on the event...I appreciate 4-Sure...I still prefer circuit road course racing over the oval & just going around in circles, but that's the game in NASCAR with the majority of their races....

I do think the shorter tracks brings out the talents more.
The Daytona 500 will be interesting this year, but the way the cars are flying I think there's going to be a lot of crashes : (
Are U a pusher or a leader ? I guess there is talent in being @ the right place @ the right time....Is that skill or luck or both : )
Are you watching the qualifications 2day ?
Whose going to get the POLE ? ? ? On `no another CONTEST ? LOL

Thanks everyone 4 your input/contributions....

p.s. Thanks `Duane, for your post/review/results/time/dedication/knowledge...
U R our "MCF NASCAR HISTORIAN" <~ THANKS

Last edited by Space; 02-13-2011 at 08:59 AM.
Old 02-13-2011 | 09:11 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
15 Year Member

There no need to over implement rules really Duane. lougreen03 & montecarlo3831 both get 108 pts, lougreen03 wins on the official MCF ruling and its a controversial one. Perfect! The actual race was too. Everyone can run around claiming to have won because it doesn't really matter...

...it doesn't really matter because I won. I'm the only one to pick win-place or show. Thats my arguement and I'm sticking to it...

Martin's going to get the pole today!

Old 02-13-2011 | 09:13 AM
|

5 Year Member

^That would be the 2nd year in a row for him to get the pole. I just posted over on the rules thread about what to do in a tie, but I'll copy my proposal here.

So here's what I say. The driver who's 1st pick had the highest finishing position gets the win or the tie breaker. If they had the same 1st pick, then the highest finishing position for the 2nd pic gets the win, and so on to third place. This makes order count, which is what Brent wanted in the system in the first place. If two people make the same set of picks in the same order, then the win goes to whoever posted them first.

As far as points system goes, should there be a tie in a segment or in the final points, the victory will go to the driver who won the most races, and then to driver with the most 2nd places overall, etc.

Post some ideas, and I'll edit in a rule before the 500 gets here. We had a great dry run at the Shootout (PUN, since it's the Budweiser shootout, HAHA!) I look forward to a lot of fun.

Old 02-13-2011 | 09:19 AM

All I have 2 say is "Last Place is better then no place @ `all"
LOL No place 4 `Space

p.s. Joey L is going 2 get the pole : ) , but I still wish he was in a Chevy : )
Maybe since he got wrecked last night : ( they won't be able to fix his ride & put him
in a Chevy where he belongs : )
Cowboy6622

Monte Of The Month -- December 2008
2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
My Garage

CowBoy `Duane, like your new Title 4-Sure.
Thanks (Taz) `Lou 4 all U do 4 `us : )

Last edited by Space; 02-13-2011 at 09:24 AM.
Old 02-13-2011 | 10:02 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member

Great Job everyone. The rule system sounds great too. Congrats to Lou.

Old 02-13-2011 | 10:04 AM
|

5 Year Member

Oh boy! Does my new title come with moderating priveledges? Not that I need them. This forum is a bit overmoderated in my opinion.

Old 02-13-2011 | 10:12 AM

`Dunae, I believe that
"One can never have enough `Mod's" 4-Sure, because there is so much `space on the World Wide `Web & our Universe that we need all the janitors we can get to removed the bad & the thrash : ) It's a dirty time consuming `job & ZomeOne has 2 `do it : )

I think NASCAR Historian is a very Honored Title that's deserving...Thank You!

Old 02-13-2011 | 10:20 AM
|

5 Year Member

HAHA! Brent will wait until November to accept the title of MCF Fantasy Champion 2011!!!

Quick Reply: Picks for the Shootout!!