NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

Picks/Richmond/SatNight

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 07:04 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

According to Dale Jarrett's facetube page, jet dryers are on the track and the green flag is expected around 9:15-9:30. Going to be a late one tonight!

Brent must be getting thirsty... how you holding up up there, Brent?

Old 09-08-2012, 07:09 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Cowboy6622
According to Dale Jarrett's facetube page, jet dryers are on the track and the green flag is expected around 9:15-9:30. Going to be a late one tonight!

Brent must be getting thirsty... how you holding up up there, Brent?
Its on 7(ABC) now jet dryers... out....

Old 09-08-2012, 07:09 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Only CocaCola right now. Can you believe that while camping at Bristol I actually went the whole Saturday without drinking any beer until the first lap? And of course, I still pounded the first one on the first lap. That was a good beer!

Old 09-08-2012, 07:49 PM

I'm at drill but off duty now and waiting on the race to start. I wasn't able to hold off on the beer myself lol. I needed a cold one as soon as I got back to the room.

Old 09-08-2012, 07:55 PM

15 Year Member

We still got time to make a bonus pick - just for fun:

Who's going to make the Chase tonight (or tommorrow)?

The Chase field is pretty much set: Bifle, Earnhardt, Jimmie, Matt, Truex, Clint, Pony, Kevin, Hammy, Brad and Kasey are all pretty much guaranteed the spot. So who's #12?

Jeff Gordon, Pyle Buschit, Carl Edwards, Ryan Newman, Marcos Ambrose and Joey Logano all still have a shot at that final spot.

I'm gonna pick Jeff Gordon.

I just hope Dale Jr. doesn't lay down and let him win. Leprechaun's picks will beat mine if that happens...

Old 09-08-2012, 08:00 PM

5 Year Member

My Ford truck split a fuel line and caught fire this afternoon... burned two spark plug wires and the wire that goes to the fuel sending unit, plus split a radiator hose before I could spring about 300 yards to my house, get a fire extinguisher, and get it out.....

And on the way home from a car show (which has always been partial to Chevy's, year after year... our '50 won there the year we took it, and it wasn't in as good a shape as either of our Ford's are.... but I should digress), the window in teh passengerside of my Torino came out of it's tracks.....

So I don't see luck being on my side tonight. If I could win tonight, that would be huge... first thing to go right for me all day. Raining it's @$$ off at my house right now.

Old 09-08-2012, 08:03 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by JuniorCar
We still got time to make a bonus pick - just for fun:

Who's going to make the Chase tonight (or tommorrow)?

The Chase field is pretty much set: Bifle, Earnhardt, Jimmie, Matt, Truex, Clint, Pony, Kevin, Hammy, Brad and Kasey are all pretty much guaranteed the spot. So who's #12?

Jeff Gordon, Pyle Buschit, Carl Edwards, Ryan Newman, Marcos Ambrose and Joey Logano all still have a shot at that final spot.

I'm gonna pick Jeff Gordon.

I just hope Dale Jr. doesn't lay down and let him win. Leprechaun's picks will beat mine if that happens...
Theres no F'N way Jrs gonna laydown!
he wants that Championship!
points r points!

I have no faith in Jimmie johnson..
He doesnt normally do well here....

Last edited by STUMPMI; 09-08-2012 at 08:05 PM.
Old 09-08-2012, 08:03 PM

15 Year Member

!!!!! Sorry to hear that Duane! Is it terminal? Do you have pics? I know that is ridiculous to ask ("The truck is on fire!! Get the Camera!"), but I had to ask...

Old 09-08-2012, 08:06 PM

5 Year Member

I think she is salvagable.... It's just going to be no more fun rides up and down teh driveway until I fix it. I need to pull the motor and fix a major oil leak anyway. If you look under this truck and don't see oil, you better put some in it because that means you don't have any. I had just run down to the corner store to put $20 in the gas tank too.... Today ahs kind of sucked. Maybe if we can push this race off until tomorrow, I'll do a lot better.

Old 09-08-2012, 08:11 PM

5 Year Member

My horoscope says I should be romanticizing these drivers or something....

You should be feeling especially romantic and sensual now, Virgo, and you might draw admiring glances from those around you - even strangers. Your passion is high, so this is an excellent day to plan a romantic evening. You could also feel especially creative and want to spend your day in some sort of artistic activity. Go to it!

I did decide to reorganize my room a little bit and I bumepd into my ex girlfriend (we dated for two years) at the Hot Sauce Festival today......

Last edited by Cowboy6622; 09-08-2012 at 08:13 PM.

Quick Reply: Picks/Richmond/SatNight