NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

Picks/Michigan/Sun Afternoon

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2014, 07:18 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Oh, I almost forgot to mention that I'm going! Like usual, days before the MIS event free tickets have shown up for me courtesy of SKF. Somehow I always end up with last minute free MIS tickets. They include "hospitality" and usually a hat and stuff. And a meet-and-greet. Last year I went and met Joey Logano right before he went out and won! It will likely be Joey or Brad and the meet and greet - that part isn't firmed up.

I'm trying to choose which car to take. On one hand, I have the Gen6 Fusion. It's Ecoboosted 1.6 will use half the fuel the BudChev would. And even though I been to MIS many times, it's nice having the GPS of the Fusion incase they route traffic stupid. It's practically new and pretty much guaranteed not to give me trouble. I'm also trying to keep miles (kms) of the Monte now as it approaches 100,000 kms - 88,XXX on it now. This will be a 700km trip. And it just occurred to me now that the BudChev will hit 88,888 on this trip if I take it - that's neat!
The BudChev sort of belongs at the track. And I'll be taking a friend who hasn't been out in it before. It attracts attention. The novelty of that has worn of just a little for me after 7 years, but its new for him. I think he'll like it and it will make this event all the bigger for him. But I kinda wanna leave it...

Old 08-13-2014, 07:46 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Brent:
Jr Nation loyalty commands you to take the bud chevy!

Old 08-14-2014, 03:27 AM

Lol Brent, if I still had my 04 Dale Jr Mote I'd take it to every race I ever go to. Awesome that you're going though. I think when my dad retires, we're gonna try to start going to races together again.

*flame suit on* I kinda wouldn't mind seeing Nissan jump into the fray. Use the Altima in the cup and 370Z in the Nationwide. I don't see this being likely though, even though NISMO is right up there with Toyota's TRD. It would be fun to see though, and since their North American headquarters is in TN, they're right in the middle of NASCAR country. I may have a slight bias though as Nissan is my former employer.

Don't forget about the Nationwide thread. So far it's just me, Duane, and Brent. Be fun to see more of the regulars for the cup league in there.

Old 08-14-2014, 11:27 AM

15 Year Member

Well, I got my tickets today and I was wrong about a crucial element. The tickets aren't from SKF. They are from Interstate. And you know what that means...

Name:  IMG_5165.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  59.1 KB

I guess I'm supposed to go to this race as a Kyle Busch fan. There may not even be a meet-and-greet - nothing in the hospitality program sez there will be. Which is probably a good thing cuz if Kyle was there I might accidentally bring him the good luck I brought Joey last year.

I'm still excited to be going. And still on the fence about which car...

Old 08-14-2014, 12:18 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member

Well Brent, you know what they say... he who sits on a fence will get a sore crotch...

Old 08-14-2014, 05:27 PM

15 Year Member

It's true. I sat on the fence too long and now I got Kyle Busch tickets. Kyle Busch is a sore crotch. Now I understand...

Old 08-14-2014, 05:53 PM

15 Year Member

NEWS FLASH! Tony Stewart will sit MIS out. He is replaced in the seat by Jeff Burton

Old 08-15-2014, 03:45 AM

I definitely wish I was going. That would be a fun place to go see a race at. I'll probably be on the farm and listening via TuneIn again.

Old 08-15-2014, 08:35 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member

I don't think the public is really ready to see Tony behind the wheel of a car. Putting Burton in the car is a good move.

Old 08-15-2014, 08:41 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Cowboy6622
I don't think the public is really ready to see Tony behind the wheel of a car. Putting Burton in the car is a good move.
Personally...
I think Regan Smith would be the better choice for Tonys ride!

Burton didn't do anything in the past ... So, definitely not going to be anyones picks!

Quick Reply: Picks/Michigan/Sun Afternoon