NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

Picks/Michigan/Sun Afternoon

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2014, 10:15 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Picks/Michigan/Sun Afternoon

First off, all the congratulations and accolades this week go to BlazedSS for not only winning Watkins Glen by being the only guy to pick three cars in teh top 30, but for extending his Segment 3 lead AND extending his overall points lead! That guy is on fire! I guess that's why his screen name is "blazed".....

Anywho, we're off to Michigan, where the traditionally Ford dominated track was a Chevy playhouse last time we went. But Roush allegedly had a "good test" and "learned a lot" about three weeks ago. Lets hope so.

1) Joey Logano
2) Brad Keselowski
3) Greg Biffle

#stickwithbif

Old 08-11-2014, 12:25 PM

Dale Jr
Jimmie Johnson
Brad Keselowski

Old 08-11-2014, 01:53 PM

Dale Jr
Greg Biffle
Kevin Harvick.

Old 08-11-2014, 02:40 PM

Jr
Gordon
Larson

Old 08-12-2014, 03:43 AM

Hey guys,

I started a Nationwide thread for fun. If there's enough interest, I've told Duane that I'll be willing to run a Nationwide league. I'll evaluate that (and get input from y'all) at the end of the season and make a decision then. This'll be fun for those of us that follow the Nationwide Series as well. It holds a special place for me as my first race that I saw in person was the Busch race in Nashville in 03.

Here's the thread, and please bear with me as I hit the ground running with this (hopefully in mid season form).

https://montecarloforum.com/forum/na...76/#post626263

Old 08-12-2014, 04:12 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member

Old 08-12-2014, 05:29 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I getting my picks in too late. Somebody already took the ones as I wanted them, dang it!

1. Dale Jr.
2. Brad K
3. Joey Logano

Old 08-12-2014, 06:44 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Here's my picks..

1) Dale Earnhardt Jr
2) Brad Keselowski
3) Jeff Gordon

Old 08-13-2014, 10:14 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member

Brent keeps putting me in a box every week - he knows I only pick Ford's, so he picks the only two Ford's worth a flip every week this year and then picks Dale Goonyer knowing my third Ford won't beat Goonyer 9 out of 10 times.

Speaking of #stickwithbif, 3M said "LoL, jk" yesterday, and said #Team24. For those of you not social media savvy, what that basically says is that 3M is going to sponsor JEff Gordon for 11 races as a primary sponsor next year!!

With the loss of 3M as an "anchor" sponsor to that organization, along with the loss of veteran staple Matt Kenseth and talented anchor Carl Edwards, and only replacing them with 20-somethings Ricky Stenhouse and Carl Edwards, I'd have to say Roush is no longer a top tier team. Penske is the lead Ford team by head and shoulders now. The Wood Bros are rumored to be moving their technical alliance to Penske and Richard Petty was spotted about 2 months ago going to TRD headquarters in California and said that he was just "seeing what options were out there" when asked about it.

Ford also announced back in like April that they were building a major R&D center for the whole Ford Racing program in the Charlotte area, and it would focus on NASCAR initially but would expand to other racing programs and possibly even to the SVT team. Was supposed to have wind tunnels, 7 post rigs, and all the other things that a Ford team hsould need to succeed on a race track. But alas, Edwards left anyway. (It seemed obviuosly a move to show Edwards that Ford was serious about racing.)

Anywho, Toyota showed they were serious by developing a new Camry body to run in 2015 or 2016 at the latest. I guess Edwards liked that move more.

Another thing is Joe Gibbs seems to switch manufacturers every 5-10 years or so... and he's been with 'Yota since 08. Is he due for a change? Back to GM? To Ford? Dodge wants to get back in too...

Old 08-13-2014, 07:01 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I think Roush is in big trouble for sure. They may as well form a technical alliance with Front Row Motorsports, which probably has the better drivers.

I thought I read that Toyota's first body submission to NASCAR was actually rejected. They are back to the drawing board, but I would think the new Camry would have an aero advantage - at least over the Fusion. The Fusion never did look that aerodynamic to me. At least not the nose

Quick Reply: Picks/Michigan/Sun Afternoon