NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

Picks for Martinsville!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 06:49 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Cowboy6622
Well there are like 3 races in Segment 1 after this...... in hte overall running, it's early. I'm wondering about this whole segment thing too... seems like they're a little too short. I said I would reset this year, and I probably will... but I think next year there might not be segments, or the segments may be 2 13 week segments and then a 10 race segment for the chase.... not sure which. I don't want to pull a Brian France and keep screwing with stuff soo.... for now, I said 4 segments and 4 segment winners, so that's what w'ere doing this year atleast.. nad if everyone likes it, we'll do it again next year... if not, we might lengthen the segments.
The segment thing is only cool if I'm in the lead. Then I can say I am Segment X winner. If someone else wins, its not as cool.

You could always declare a segment winner, but not reset the score Duane. Leaves some bragging rights, but still keep a cumilative total. But I don't really see the point. I guess we wanna encourage new players to start for the next segment. SolaraSlayer may want in for example

Old 04-01-2011, 11:32 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I thought about that too.... still though. GPD might want in, I do'nt know.. maybe we should invite him in... come on in GPD!!!! Make some pics!!!

Jeff Gordon second in second practice.. .qualifying tomorrow. Hamlin 19th, Johnson 16th... Logano in the back somewhere... but practice isn't indicative... this track is more about how well you can turn into a corner under another guy or out break him going in than it is speed a lot of times. Rusty Wallace once admitted he won a lot of short track races in waht was obviously not the fastest car, but the one that could handle traffic and pass the best.

Old 04-02-2011, 09:51 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member

1 Jeff Burton
2 Jeff Gordon
3 Kyle Busch

Old 04-02-2011, 10:09 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Heres my picks...
1) Jeff Gordon
2) Kyle Busch
3) Tony Stewart

Old 04-03-2011, 02:30 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

Denny Hamlin
Kyle Busch
Jeff Gordon

Old 04-03-2011, 04:46 AM

`Space Picks
1. Jimmy Johnson
2. Jeff Gordon
3. Carl Edwards

above 4 `Brent

EnJoy the `Race
Thanks `Duane
=================================

Johnson, Hamlin are latest masters of Martinsville
Martinsville victories

All-time Cup leaders

<TABLE style="WIDTH: 193px" class=cnnDataTable><TBODY><TR class=cnnTopTR><TD align=left></TD><TD class=cnnLast align=middle></TD></TR><TR class=cnnTopTR><TH align=left>Driver </TH><TH class=cnnLast align=middle>Wins </TH></TR><TR class=cnnCup><TD align=left>Richard Petty </TD><TD class=cnnLast align=middle>15 </TD></TR><TR><TD align=left>Darrell Waltrip </TD><TD class=cnnLast align=middle>11 </TD></TR><TR class=cnnCup><TD align=left>Jeff Gordon </TD><TD class=cnnLast align=middle>7 </TD></TR><TR><TD align=left>Rusty Wallace </TD><TD class=cnnLast align=middle>7 </TD></TR><TR class=cnnCup><TD align=left>Dale Earnhardt </TD><TD class=cnnLast align=middle>6 </TD></TR><TR><TD align=left>Jimmie Johnson </TD><TD class=cnnLast align=middle>6 </TD></TR><TR class=cnnCup><TD align=left>Fred Lorenzen </TD><TD class=cnnLast align=middle>6 </TD></TR><TR><TD align=left>Cale Yarborough </TD><TD class=cnnLast align=middle>6 </TD></TR><TR class=cnnCup><TD align=left>Geoff Bodine </TD><TD class=cnnLast align=middle>4 </TD></TR><TR><TD align=left>Denny Hamlin </TD><TD class=cnnLast align=middle>4 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
All-Time Drivers List
^^^^^^^^
DRIVERS A-Z

Overview

Complete list of Sprint Cup Series drivers who have raced in an official NASCAR points event since 1975.

Last edited by Space; 04-03-2011 at 06:52 AM.
Old 04-03-2011, 06:23 AM

15 Year Member

... and the loser picks are:

last: Michael McDowell (4 races this year, 41st was his best finish)
first caution: Trevor Bayne
# of cautions: 14 (record cautions @ Martinsville is 21)

Old 04-03-2011, 07:45 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I think I was there last year when they set that record 21..... or atleast tied it... and ironically we went the last 95 laps green flag or osmething. It was kind of weird. They ran the first 60 or so laps green, then it was like the yellow flag flew for about 100 laps or something. It was almost boring they rode around at 35 mph so much at one point... one time while Jr. was leading last year, I remember they threw the green and almost immediately the yellow... as in Jr. didn't even make it to the line to take the green before the flagman had the yellow back out.

They are complaining about tire problems already.... I wonder if this will be another of those races where NASCAR starts throwing a "competition caution" every 40-50 laps, closing pit road so you can't duck in like 2 laps beofre caution and get your tires, then talk about how great the race was by citing how much passing went on under green.

And has anyone seen this mess with Jeffrey Earnhardt and Rick Ware Racing? He was fired, then reconciled and rehired the next day... I think it was a publicity stunt because he's an Earnhardt and not getting as much attention as they think he should or something.

Old 04-03-2011, 08:37 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

OK, here we go:

1. Jimmie J.
2. Jeff Gordon
3. Kyle Busch

Old 04-03-2011, 10:01 AM

15 Year Member

Originally Posted by Cowboy6622
And has anyone seen this mess with Jeffrey Earnhardt and Rick Ware Racing? He was fired, then reconciled and rehired the next day... I think it was a publicity stunt because he's an Earnhardt and not getting as much attention as they think he should or something.
I read about this, but don't care. J. Earnhardt has never been a factor in a race. Plus the truck series sucks cuz its usually just a showcase for Pyle Buschit (you'd didn't think I'd go a week without ripping on him, did you?). Was cool watching Johnny Sauter snag the win from him at the end of the race yesterday

Last edited by JuniorCar; 04-03-2011 at 10:14 AM.

Quick Reply: Picks for Martinsville!!