NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.
View Poll Results: Is Dale Jr's streak of good runs over?
Nah, just some bad tracks with bad results
9.09%
Yeah, those first 15 races of the year were a big tease
45.45%
I sure hope not....
45.45%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Picks/Loudon/Sunday Afternoon

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by JuniorCar
Maybe now that the segment 2 title is behind us, people are not picking as "safe". I'm still waiting for qualifying to make my picks - but I sure am hoping for a strong Junior finish.
I'm gona bumpDraft `Brent on my `Picks Yes I am
Below 4 Jr Fans $

Head up Junior's had a tough few weeks, but schedule's still in his favor.
FULL STORY »
Click above, Oh

Attached Thumbnails Picks/Loudon/Sunday Afternoon-djr.jpg  

Last edited by Space; 07-14-2011 at 06:24 AM.
Old 07-14-2011, 06:18 PM

Hi I'm back. Jr is still a no talent has been. And with that said

1.Tony S
2 Jimmie J
3 Kyle B

Old 07-15-2011, 03:45 AM

Originally Posted by LnLSS06
Hi I'm back. Jr is still a no talent has been. And with that said

Thanks 4 your opinion J.R.,(Freedom of Speak), but I'd rather have Dale Jr's Bank Balance & `Life -4-Sure.....
I don't think I could beat him on the `Track , could you ?
I'd love to trade positions in life with him

I'd rather be a "Has Been" then 2 never "Have Been"...
I'm just Happy 2 `be ~> 4-Sure..
Peace/Out

Last edited by Space; 07-15-2011 at 03:59 AM.
Old 07-15-2011, 04:54 AM

Put me or anyone else in a Hendrix car and sure I could beat him. He only has that kind of bank roll because he leaches off his fathers name.

Old 07-15-2011, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by LnLSS06
Put me or anyone else in a Hendrix car and sure I could beat him. He only has that kind of bank roll because he leaches off his fathers name.

Hi J.R., I strongly disagree with your opinion, but I agree you have the right to your opinion & what you think.
Congrat's on your new 2011 Camaro & I like what you have done 2 it (j/k)

I hope Jr wins this week 4 `you ' Show'in the Love 4 Jr Love your art work (j/k: ) LOL

Attached Thumbnails Picks/Loudon/Sunday Afternoon-j.r..jpg   Picks/Loudon/Sunday Afternoon-jr.jpg  

Last edited by Space; 07-15-2011 at 07:01 AM.
Old 07-15-2011, 01:27 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Dale Jr. won races long before anyone felt sorry for him over his daddy's name... his daddy was never the most popular driver in NASCAR until he died... heck, Bill Elliott withdrew his name from the voting to make sure Earnhardt was voted most popular driver posthumously. A whole lot more drivers hated Dale Earnhardt back then and now they talk about how much they used to love watching him race..... I was only 10 at the time, but I knew a lot of people who loved, and a lot of people who hated, Dale Earnhardt. Now everyone hates him. [Edit: meant loved]

Most of the Jr. haters (the few there are) claim he is leaching off his daddy's name.... well his daddy was an icon in the sport, but his daddy wasn't necessarily a big enough name to carry his son either. His son won 2 nationwide championships on his own, won Texas in his rookie year, and won the All Star race... and was running 2nd in the Daytona 500 in 2001 before anyone ever felt sorry for him. He had some racing talent there to begin with.

But think about this... if you have $100 million in the bank, sponsors popping out of your ***, enough Wrangler jeans to last a life time, and the backing of a majority of fans in NASCAR behind you, what do you have to worry about? Why do you care if you win races?

Now, Dale Jr. is by all means the most popular driver in NASCAR... his daddy never won taht award until he died. People used to put swear words with Earnhardt Srs name.... now Earnhardt Jr. is almost revered as some god-like figure whom you better not say anything bad about (and so is Sr.). I think Jr. just doesn't care anymore about winning. He won some races, he ran well for awhile, and the sponsors will pay whether he wins or not. Who cares anymore?

Last edited by Cowboy6622; 07-16-2011 at 06:55 AM.
Old 07-15-2011, 02:43 PM

Yea and I still can't see why the sheep flock to Jr. and I was and still am one of those Sr. haters. Never liked cheaters.

Old 07-15-2011, 03:32 PM

WoW `Duane, that was another Super Post on your knowledge of NASCAR 4-Sure....Thanks, I learn more about NASCAR every-time I read your NASCAR posts.

But, that is why you are our

Dale Jr, isn't my favorite Driver in NASCAR, but I understand his popularity and I believe it's because he has proven his talent by his many, many wins. I'd love to see J.R. race Dale Jr 4 his new Camaro I'm sure Jr would love 2 have his Dale Jr Edition Camaro
deSigned by some `kid LOL (j/k)
================================

J.R., I don't like cheaters either, but it is my understanding that it was a common practice by all drivers during the time that Dale Sr was moving up the ranks in NASCAR...I believe those days have changed now in the Present...OK, with the exceptions of a few in the Race Industry...But I think there's been cheating in many sports or competitions in our World.. I find that sad, but that's the way it is
===========================================
Peace `Out "Love not Hate"<~4-Sure~> `amen
`Space

Last edited by Space; 07-15-2011 at 03:37 PM.
Old 07-15-2011, 05:38 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Well, Duane said it (I think he meant to end the first paragraph with "love", not "hate"). Sr. was hated in his day, so I'm glad Duane was paying such close attention at 10. Thats how he became the Official MCF Nascar Historian!

I'd also like to add that I find more of DaleSr fans dislike Jr then DaleSr fans who like him. Why? "He ain't the driver his father was" is the most popular quote. Not the most original thought, but I'm glad he isn't like daddy. It has allowed him to take NASCAR where Sr. never could have (for better or worse).

I tend to find its the more casual and less avid fan who likes both Dale Earnhardt Sr and Kyle Busch. Both drivers add/added excitement to the sport. But when you get to know all these guys a little better it becomes a little less thrilling to see a selfish jackass ending their days. I don't like seeing victory at someone elses expense... unless they really had it coming to them!

Junior has also done a lot to perpetuate the "Legend of Dale Earnhardt Sr." and in many ways Junior is more responsible for Sr's marketing success than the other way around. This sport has had many very successful Legend, but without a son in the limelight their memory fades. Senior remains so alive in the hearts of the Nascar universe because Junior continues the Earnhardt story...

Old 07-15-2011, 05:48 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Got of topic there.

Hendricks qualifying was terrible - the worst I can remember. Jeff was okay (7th), but Martin 24th, Jr 27th and Jimmie starting worst of all in 28th. The only guy starting behind the last 2 is Kenseth - the rest are all plugs that don't really even count....

Quick Reply: Picks/Loudon/Sunday Afternoon