NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

Picks for Las Vegas!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 03:15 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Picks for Las Vegas!!!

First off, congratulations to the Phoenix winner, 77GP!!! Also, we have a new points leader, BocaReject!!

Here are our standings going into Las Vegas:

1) BocaReject- 189
2) carlm54sl- 178
3) RocknSS- 169
4) lougreen03- 165
5) JuniorCar- 159
6) 77GP- 158
7) zjerry- 156
8) KidSpace- 153
9) Cowboy6622- 149
10) montecarlo3831- 121
11) Nocturnx- 85
12) odessadude- 73
13) dustybird3- 34

I'm still going to hold off on making any picks just yet. The Busch brothers like to run well here though, since it is their home track. Roush owned the place for the first several years that they had this place opened, but in the last couple of years, Hendrick has been a dominant force. Last year, their 1.5 mile program lagged a little bit, so I think Las Vegas is going to be a proving ground for those guys. Jimmie and Jeff dominated this race last year, and Gordon probably would have won had Letarde made a good pit call and took 4 tires....

So my guys to watch... I'm looking out for Carl Edwards, Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson, and the Busch brothers. I may throw in another pick as practice and qualifying times come down. Plus, as you read my commentary, keep in mind that I am 9th out of 13 in points, and only 10 people have participated in both races so far. In my defense, had it not been for Harvick blowing up at Daytona and Kyle Busch wrecking Carl Edwards at Phoenix, I'd be in much better shape right now. But that's racing!

Make your picks, guys!

Old 03-01-2011, 04:01 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member

It worked out for me last week to make my picks before any practice or qualifying so I will try it again. It pains me to do this because I hate anything Jimmy Johnson but here goes.
1. Jimmy Johnson
2. Clint Bowyer
3. Jeff burton
Burton has to make a showing somewhere but the pits.
Good luck all.

Old 03-01-2011, 09:40 PM

5 Year Member

A little "third time is the charm" philosophy?

The thing is, Burton hasn't been consistent since he wnet to RCR. he's had some flings here and there, but not on mile and a halfs... he's really good at bigger tracks like Michigan and Talladega and flat tracks like New Hampshire. Clint Bowyer has shown steady progression in his years in NASCAR... I think he might give you a good showing...

Jimmie has won 3 of his last 5 here... Jeff Gordon has led a lot of laps in the previous years. A good sleeper pick might be David Reutimann!! The man has been good on tracks like this.. he won Chicagoland, which looks a lot like Las Vegas. MWR has been getting better... I might pick him on the NASCAR.com picks for this week.

Kyle Busch and Carl Edwards... I don't know, after last week, they might just take each other out this week. Anybody remember this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KS5TS30o9rA

And we all don't need to be reminded of the Brad Keselowski incident last year at Atlanta.... I wouldn't put it past these two to get wrecked this week.

And Trevor Bayne ran 17th at Texas last year... and the Wood Brothers have historically been a big track team. The kid might be a good $4 pick for anyone on NASCAR.com side.

And Joey Logano ran well at Texas and Charlotte late last year... he was doing good at Phoenix until engine problems.

Last edited by Cowboy6622; 03-01-2011 at 10:22 PM.
Old 03-02-2011, 06:16 AM

Hi `Duane & Member's,
I thought you & member's may enjoy reading/seeing the below article about Trevor Bayne's Win:
http://aol.sportingnews.com/nascar/s...y?ncid=webmail
Click above link

Old 03-02-2011, 07:38 AM

5 Year Member

In response to 'Spaces post... they really need to fire DW. He cheered on Michael Waltrip every time he was on he track, he cheered on Ricky Craven to beat Kurt Busch at Darlington in 2003, and always seems to favor Kyle Busch, Carl Edwards, and Jimmie Johnson to me.

Old 03-02-2011, 08:26 AM

...Thanks `Duane 4 your reply...I agree that Darrell Waltrip is a Nascar Champion, but I sure don't like him as a Fox announcer. He's a clown I don't like the Fox coverage of the nascar races & enjoy listening to MRN (MotorRacingNetwork) on the radio more : ) Fox: don't seem to call a good race (2 `me), and just fills in space with other topic's during the race....

I have not decided on my driver's picks for this weekend. It's not just picking the driver's (there's so many factors involved: ) The whole team/track conditions/weather/pit crews/crew chief decisions/racing luck & so much more...
Again I will post my guesses, or who I wish would win : )
Thanks for all your time/knowledge & getting more member's involved in posting/playing your MCF NASCAR fantasy game...I enjoy reading every-one's picks, and their comments.
Peace/Happiness from the `Kid

Old 03-03-2011, 05:43 PM

1. 22 Kurt Busch 2. 18 Kyle Busch 3. 48 Jimmie Johnson 1st caution JJ Yeley<center>

Old 03-04-2011, 09:10 AM

Still don't know who 2 pick, but I will b-4 the Race...
Below is one of the sites I really like & has some great racing infor...

http://www.jayski.com/cupnews.htm

Race and Commercial Breakdown of the Subway Fresh Fit 500: For those of you NASCAR fans that like stats and love to hate commercials, or wonder how often your driver was focused on during these races, here is the breakdown for Sunday's race. Fox was the broadcast team for this event.
Total number of commercials: 107
Total number of companies or entities advertised: 71
Total number of brief promos of products/services during the race broadcast: 44
Start time to record race/commercial periods: 3:00 pm
End time to record race/commercial periods: 6:34 pm
Total minutes: 214
Minutes of race broadcast: 164
Minutes of commercials: 50
Number of missed restarts: 0
Number of 'mystery cautions' (debris not shown): 1

Old 03-04-2011, 04:28 PM

5 Year Member

Ford got 5 of the top 6 spots in first practice speeds.... Matt Kenseth and David Ragan being the fastest pair.

Old 03-04-2011, 04:42 PM

..Hi `Duane, U R lucky 2 have cable & be able to watch & enjoy...Fords may presently have the fastest times, but the Chevy guys R just holding back & don't want to embarrass them ~> LOL
`Duane do U also watch the Truck & NationWide series...? ?
Got 2 run 2 work...Wish U a great eve & fun Race WeekEnd.
Peace/Out

Quick Reply: Picks for Las Vegas!!!