NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

Picks/Indianapolis/Sunday Afternoon

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2016, 12:07 PM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Picks/Indianapolis/Sunday Afternoon

Congrats to 77gp on winning New Hampshire last week and taking the early Segment 3 lead! Also congrats to Leprechaun 93 for maintaining his substantial lead in the overall standings.

We're off to Indy this week. We won't find out until Wednesday if Dale Earnhardt Jr will race this weekend or not. If he does not race, Jeff Gordon will drive the 88. I wasn't planning to pick Jr either way this week, but if Gordon is in the 88 that might affect my picks.

Kevin Harvick
Matt Kenseth
Tony Stewart

Old 07-18-2016, 12:23 PM
5 Year Member

And my computer battery died while I was updating the stats thread. I just found out the hard way that it will not fully power the laptop while it's running. I'll let it charge and update the stats thread after I wake up this evening. If anyone has tips though, I thought a 150W inverter was enough to run a laptop. Or is it possible that the DC plugs in my semi don't provide enough amperage?

Old 07-19-2016, 07:04 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
Cool

I heard that also so what the ????????????

Kurt Busch
Tony Stewart

On the charge side it is strange how they do and don't work. put my I phone on the usb charger in the car and it took all day to charge it up. I think my laptop is only good for about an hour without the plug maybe 2. I thought the inverters would make them work. Maybe there are different unit that you can get.

Old 07-19-2016, 09:32 AM
5 Year Member

When I'm home in around 2 weeks, I'll test the inverter in my pickup and see if it works with my laptop. If it does, then it's the plugs in my semi. Wouldn't surprise me, since it seems like my company cheaped out on everything else (evident by the lack of APUs in our trucks)

Listening to the replay of SiriusXM Speedway and listening to The Morning Drive this morning, it seems like Jr isn't going to race, based on what he said in his podcast that they've been replaying. We should know for sure tomorrow or Wednesday. I won't have data again till about this time tomorrow, so I'll pop back in then just in case any penalties need to be addressed.

Points thread is updated btw

Old 07-19-2016, 06:53 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member

On the minor league side, i see Jon Wes Townley is sitting out due to a concussion.

Can only hit so many concrete walls before you pay the price i guess

Old 07-20-2016, 03:21 AM
5 Year Member

Townley has been sitting out ever since that "fight" (I use that term VERY loosely). Hard to imagine him getting a concussion from that, but maybe his head is that soft.

Old 07-20-2016, 05:20 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member

We were planning on going to Saturdays race and qualifying but with temp at 95 forecasted and heat index higher, we are staying home by the pool. I would expect a very hot and slick track and exhausted drivers.
Harvick
Gordon
Edwards

Old 07-20-2016, 09:30 PM
5 Year Member

Yeah it's definitely going to be slick. I think that would favor Smoke. I laughed pretty hard when he said "those workout freaks slide out of their seats when it gets hot and slick. Us fat boys prevail."

I'm listening to the truck race at Eldora right now. I didn't even try to see if I could get a TV in the truck stop on the race. Not worth the effort because everyone else would rather watch American Pickers or something like that.

Old 07-21-2016, 07:21 PM

Jimmie Johnson
Brad Keselowski
Jeff Gordon

Old 07-22-2016, 01:14 AM

1. #48 Jimmie Johnson
2. #78 Martin Truex
3. #14 Tony Stewart
Name:  cGDAunW.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  503 Bytes

Last edited by carlm54stl; 07-22-2016 at 05:39 PM.