Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   NASCAR Racing (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/nascar-racing-27/)
-   -   Picks/Indianapolis/Sunday Afternoon (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/nascar-racing-27/picks-indianapolis-sunday-afternoon-56680/)

SupplySgt 07-18-2016 12:07 PM

Picks/Indianapolis/Sunday Afternoon

Congrats to 77gp on winning New Hampshire last week and taking the early Segment 3 lead! Also congrats to Leprechaun 93 for maintaining his substantial lead in the overall standings.

We're off to Indy this week. We won't find out until Wednesday if Dale Earnhardt Jr will race this weekend or not. If he does not race, Jeff Gordon will drive the 88. I wasn't planning to pick Jr either way this week, but if Gordon is in the 88 that might affect my picks.

Kevin Harvick
Matt Kenseth
Tony Stewart

SupplySgt 07-18-2016 12:23 PM

And my computer battery died while I was updating the stats thread. I just found out the hard way that it will not fully power the laptop while it's running. I'll let it charge and update the stats thread after I wake up this evening. If anyone has tips though, I thought a 150W inverter was enough to run a laptop. Or is it possible that the DC plugs in my semi don't provide enough amperage?

drivernumber3 07-19-2016 07:04 AM

I heard that also so what the ????????????

Kurt Busch
Tony Stewart

On the charge side it is strange how they do and don't work. put my I phone on the usb charger in the car and it took all day to charge it up. I think my laptop is only good for about an hour without the plug maybe 2. I thought the inverters would make them work. Maybe there are different unit that you can get.

SupplySgt 07-19-2016 09:32 AM

When I'm home in around 2 weeks, I'll test the inverter in my pickup and see if it works with my laptop. If it does, then it's the plugs in my semi. Wouldn't surprise me, since it seems like my company cheaped out on everything else (evident by the lack of APUs in our trucks)

Listening to the replay of SiriusXM Speedway and listening to The Morning Drive this morning, it seems like Jr isn't going to race, based on what he said in his podcast that they've been replaying. We should know for sure tomorrow or Wednesday. I won't have data again till about this time tomorrow, so I'll pop back in then just in case any penalties need to be addressed.

Points thread is updated btw

Cowboy6622 07-19-2016 06:53 PM

On the minor league side, i see Jon Wes Townley is sitting out due to a concussion.

Can only hit so many concrete walls before you pay the price i guess

SupplySgt 07-20-2016 03:21 AM

Townley has been sitting out ever since that "fight" (I use that term VERY loosely). Hard to imagine him getting a concussion from that, but maybe his head is that soft.

77gp 07-20-2016 05:20 PM

We were planning on going to Saturdays race and qualifying but with temp at 95 forecasted and heat index higher, we are staying home by the pool. I would expect a very hot and slick track and exhausted drivers.
Harvick
Gordon
Edwards

SupplySgt 07-20-2016 09:30 PM

Yeah it's definitely going to be slick. I think that would favor Smoke. I laughed pretty hard when he said "those workout freaks slide out of their seats when it gets hot and slick. Us fat boys prevail."

I'm listening to the truck race at Eldora right now. I didn't even try to see if I could get a TV in the truck stop on the race. Not worth the effort because everyone else would rather watch American Pickers or something like that.

02 Earnhardt Monte Carlo SS 07-21-2016 07:21 PM

Jimmie Johnson
Brad Keselowski
Jeff Gordon

carlm54stl 07-22-2016 01:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
1. #48 Jimmie Johnson
2. #78 Martin Truex
3. #14 Tony Stewart