NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

Picks/Darlington/SatNight

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 05:03 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

The rundown made no mention of Danica's return to Sprint Cup! It should be called her Sprint Cup debut really, as she only really got 1 lap in at Daytona. But anyways, Danica Patrick is supposed to be in the #10 car this weekend. Her first full year in the Nationwide series has not been stellar.

1. Dale Jr
2. Jimmie Johnson
3. Brad K

Old 05-07-2012, 05:47 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Re-read my long rundown, Brent. I dedicated a sentence to her. I'll come back tonight and see if you found it.

Old 05-07-2012, 05:29 PM

15 Year Member

Originally Posted by Cowboy6622
And I hear some female wannabehot shot who sold out to the perverts at GoDaddy might be running this race..
Sorry, I thought you meant Paul Menard...

Old 05-08-2012, 08:43 AM

Dale Jr
Jimmie Johnson
Martin Truex Jr

Old 05-08-2012, 11:45 AM

Hi EveryOne,
I was asked by our `Duane to
post my picks for the Darlington Race this Saturday night since I guessed the winner last year...

I shall comply only `if my picks are not counted if any of my guesses are correct I do not want the possibility of taking away a active NASCAR playing member's position in the Racing MCF Stat's

Space `Picks 4 Darlington
1. Tony Stewart
2. Kyle Busch
3. Matt Kennseth
*^Unofficial ^ *
...Only 4 fun
------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks again `Duane, for sharing your time/knowledge/dedication to our member's & the MCF.
You have made the MCF NASCAR Thread fun & entertaining for all member's...It is appreciated
We do appreciate, even though we 4-get to tell `ya.

Wish everyone a Super Fun Saturday Evening NASCAR Race..EnJoy
and may your picks be the best WoW

Last edited by Space; 05-12-2012 at 06:49 AM.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:59 PM

1. #48 Jimmie Johnson 2. #14 Tony Stewart 3. #11 Denny Hamlin <center>

Old 05-08-2012, 03:43 PM

5 Year Member

Thanks for joining in 'Space.

So as far as points go, you couldn't really take points from someone... you could keep someone from winning though. So do you want to be scored, but have your position not counted? Just see where you would have ranked had you been scored?

And should you "win", 'Space... are you saying you don't want to be given the win?

On another note, our 1-2 guys in points both took Jimmie Johnson.. .very interesting, maybe the rest of should pay attention so we can be winners too!! Enough difference in their picks that we could very well have either a wider points lead or a new points leader when we leave Darlington.

I'm still looking forward to this race. Hoping to get an interview at Person High School, about 30 miles from where I live, next week for a social studies position.

Old 05-08-2012, 06:15 PM

15 Year Member

Jimmie Johnson is sort of a safe place filler for me. That didn't serve me to well at Talladega tho! Once again he wasn't there at the end when jr needed him. Nobody seems to want to push Junior at the end of these restrictor plate races - understandably because they won't be able to pass him at the line. I think Jimmie will work with him if he can make it to the end of one of these races. Jimmie owes him!

I hope nobody takes these races so serious that they are really hurt for losing... Er, not winning. I, for one, would be delighted to lose a race to 'Space. Well, at least as much as losing to anyone else. But I suppose I might feel different if I hadn't won in a year or never at all. I think anyone that sticks with it will eventually have their day...

Old 05-08-2012, 08:51 PM

5 Year Member

I'm not worried about KidSpace beating me, if that's what you're implying.

I really just don't know what Space wants. I think he is just picking for fun.

I remember I had this race pretty much covered last year until about 15 laps to go.

That's the case with me every race. When I pick someone, that's a guarantee they will be running top 10 with about 50 to go. After that, who knows what will come of you. Kind of like at Kansas, where with 15 to go I ahd 3 cars running top 6.

And I am going to have 'Space covered this week with these picks....

1) Carl Edwards, good in practice, needs some luck, and good at Darlington
2) Dennis Hamster, because 'Yotas will dominate in the south.
3) Greg Biffle, points leader for a reason, has won DArlington twice, and will run really well.

I edited out Brad Keselowski... I just wasn't seeing what I really wanted to see from him in practice and qualifying.

Last edited by Cowboy6622; 05-11-2012 at 06:33 PM.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:25 PM

15 Year Member

Originally Posted by Cowboy6622
I'm not worried about KidSpace beating me, if that's what you're implying.

I really just don't know what Space wants. I think he is just picking for fun.
no, I meant I don't know why 'Space is worried about beating you. I know your used to it, so he shouldn't have to worry about hurting ur feelings! Sha-sh-sha!

But what I really meant is that it is always just for fun for everybody - I hope!

Quick Reply: Picks/Darlington/SatNight