NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

Picks/Charlotte/SatNight

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 09:35 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I really should not have left Mark Martin out of my picks.

Well Duane, I made you a special trophy. Since you like to change your signature so much, its probably better I just make you a trophy you resize and work into your signature. But if you want me to do up an entire signature, let me know. I'll come up with something

Trophy:

Its actually neat to display a trophy at full size. Its usually lost in the resizing to fit the signature, but some of these trophies I make are complex. Did you notice my Martinsville trophy has grandfather clocks in the background? Usually I just use a shot of the track

Old 10-11-2012, 09:43 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I do a lot of signature and avatar changing... I do appreciate the trophy and I have never noticed the grandfather clocks in the Martinsville thing. I think I'll run the trophy as an avatar for a little bit...... maybe it will bring me some luck this weekend in the real race! I needed some momentum on my side!

Old 10-11-2012, 09:55 PM

15 Year Member

I just googled LynZ Pastrana and hot damn!!!!

Yes. She is who I would have picked to win.

Old 10-11-2012, 10:23 PM

1) 48
2) 1
3) 17

Old 10-12-2012, 05:44 AM

Concussions are scary things. I got at least one that I know of when I played high school football. Haven't had any on military duty but I've seen the effects of them. Very common when a vehicle gets hit with an IED from soldiers' heads banging against the sides or roof (which thankfully has not happened to me yet). I did, however, sustain one when I had my wreck almost 3 years ago. I'm still wary of airbags to this day because that's what gave me the concussion. It messed me up for several weeks, especially with my equilibrium.

I'm glad to see that Jr is aware enough about his body to recognise it.

Old 10-12-2012, 06:51 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2015
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default My picks

1) Johnson 2) Hamlin 3) Keselowski

Old 10-12-2012, 08:27 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Admittedly:
I suffered a closed head injury..(concussion)In 1997 when we were hit on our harley by that drunk driver.
I can no longer ride or enjoy, roller coasters...
I can no longer ride a Motorcycle, bike or anything with 2 wheels...
It effected my balance when im in motion...I even feel a little queezy..When were driveing down the road for long periods of time...
I end up pulling over for 15 or 20 mins til it passes...
Not a pleasant feeling for sure...So I understand what jr must have been feeling like....

I wish him the best in hopes he can return to racing!....Id sure hate to see the Earnhardt Legacy end with him...(No other Earnhardt has any talent)...If he does end up not driveing anymore...My being a NASCAR fan..will probably end...

Old 10-12-2012, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by STUMPMI
Admittedly:
I suffered a closed head injury..(concussion)In 1997 when we were hit on our harley by that drunk driver.
I can no longer ride or enjoy, roller coasters...
I can no longer ride a Motorcycle, bike or anything with 2 wheels...
It effected my balance when im in motion...I even feel a little queezy..When were driveing down the road for long periods of time...
I end up pulling over for 15 or 20 mins til it passes...
Not a pleasant feeling for sure...So I understand what jr must have been feeling like....

I wish him the best in hopes he can return to racing!....Id sure hate to see the Earnhardt Legacy end with him...(No other Earnhardt has any talent)...If he does end up not driveing anymore...My being a NASCAR fan..will probably end...
I can sympathize with you and your condition. But to stop following NASCAR because a driver retires. I would say you’re not a fan of the sport anyway. Just a fan of a person. That’s creepy. Don’t be offended. That’s how I read it.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>

Old 10-12-2012, 06:45 PM

15 Year Member

I wouldn't stop watching if he were gone, but I'd enjoy it less. And I was probably the last person on the Jr wagon. Second last actually - Duane was the last person on the wagon. It's something that is easier if you just let go and like him. And then your part of something - part of the masses and that is fun (and even creepier sounding). But it the same attitude I had about Jimmie Johnson. I didn't want him to win the first 3 or 4 Championships. Then I realized NASCAR would be more enjoyable for me if I celebrated Jimmie's success. And when your in the grandstands cheering Jr you really feel like part of a big party cuz it seems like everyone - like 100,000 to 160,000 of you - are all in it together. There ain't anything else like that with any other driver, past or present, and I don't know if there ever will be again. I'd miss that a lot....

Old 10-12-2012, 06:54 PM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

1) matt Kenseth
2) Jimmy Johnson
3) Denny Hamlin

Quick Reply: Picks/Charlotte/SatNight