NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

Picks/Charlotte/SatNight

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 10:11 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 02 Earnhardt Monte Carlo SS
Everyone may want to note that Dale JR will be out of the car the next two weekends following a concussion at talladega. just announced today, Regan Smith will fill in for those two races.
Watchn it now on speed....

Old 10-11-2012, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by STUMPMI
Watchn it now on speed....
i watched it as well, it kinda seems like next week is still up in the air, sounds like he might possible be back in the car next week.

Old 10-11-2012, 11:50 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by 02 Earnhardt Monte Carlo SS
i watched it as well, it kinda seems like next week is still up in the air, sounds like he might possible be back in the car next week.
Sounded like that to me too...
I guess now well see what regan smiths really made of with some real equiptment...
But also glad Jrs gonna be ok!

Old 10-11-2012, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by STUMPMI
Sounded like that to me too...
I guess now well see what regan smiths really made of with some real equiptment...
But also glad Jrs gonna be ok!
yeah i hear ya on that.

im hoping he is back in the car next week, whole reason i am going to kansas is to watch his race.

Old 10-11-2012, 01:49 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member

The resident Junior Hater would like to extend his hopse that Junior is back in a car soon. They're saying Martinsville at teh earliest on NASCAR.com.

Junior has had these concusions before, and it is a testimony to how tough he is that he really got this concussion back at Kanasas in a tire test before the chase started, and it was "aggrivated" by an incident at Talladega. It needs to be noted that, according to NASCAR.com, he did not actually get the concussion in Talladega.

I would like to extend my hopes that Junior is okay, especially since this is at least his 2nd concussion, and that he is back in a car and in contention soon. Even though I'm definitely not a Junior fan, I just couldn't picture a race without him in it.

With all that said, I wonder what this will do for the TV ratings of Charlotte and Kansas? Also, what if he doesn't get back in a car in time for Martinsville? That will probably lead to less turnout at the races by then....

It will also be a "2nd last chance" for Regan Smith to show that he is a real race car driver in Hendrick equipment.... although I haven't seen or noticed anything on who will drive the car. I thought Regan might drive the 51. James Finch, the owner of that 51, has been complaining for a hwile that he doesn't have the sponsorship to run that car... so he might appreciate a break from running it anyway.

Get well soon, Dale....

Old 10-11-2012, 01:54 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

I heard that the Dinger is gonna be in the 51 maybe thats what the lil scroll thing on speed says anyways

Old 10-11-2012, 05:22 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

We doubled up. I posted in the other thread:

Originally Posted by JuniorCar
I fear this is worse than is being discussed. Jr, amougst others, should be considering this as a potentially career ending injury. Concussions are no joke. And other athletes in other sports don't have 200mph consequences for post concussion problems. Apparently Jr has a history of concussions making it a whole lot more serious. Need it be mentioned that his father died from internal head injury? I don't want Jr Nation to come to an end, but it might be time for Jr to hang it up. Obviously, this hurts me.

A great opportunity for Regan Smith to get his career back on track when he replaces Junior in a Hendricks car for the first time. This will be his best ride ever - the stakes have never been higher for Regan. And just-out-of-rehab reinstated AJ Allmendinger get another shot and the brass ring for Phoenix Racing. I hope both drivers can make the most of this opportunity!

Old 10-11-2012, 06:14 PM

15 Year Member

I guess I'm too late to make Better Half Dash picks. Its really hard to find information on it. I found the line-up, but I got see what those chicks all look like before makin' picks, and that seems like to much work. So Duane, it looks like you get your first win of the year!

I agree with Duane that its the 3 championship guys that are in this. And Kasey Kahne for sure. But I gotta make up some ground on carl, so I can't pick 'em the same. This is how I fell apart in last year MCF Championship. My picks are all hail marys now. Cuz I ain't playin' for 2nd. If you ain't 1st, you're last!

Anyways, I go:

1. Regan Smith!
2. Jeff Gordon
3. Denny Hamlin

Old 10-11-2012, 06:17 PM

15 Year Member

Originally Posted by JuniorCar
I guess I'm too late to make Better Half Dash picks. Its really hard to find information on it. I found the line-up, but I got see what those chicks all look like before makin' picks, and that seems like to much work. So Duane, it looks like you get your first win of the year!

I agree with Duane that its the 3 championship guys that are in this. And Kasey Kahne for sure. But I gotta make up some ground on carl, so I can't pick 'em the same. This is how I fell apart in last year MCF Championship. My picks are all hail marys now. Cuz I ain't playin' for 2nd. If you ain't 1st, you're last!

Anyways, I go:

1. Regan Smith!
2. Jeff Gordon
3. Denny Hamlin
I picked the 88 to win every other race this season, why not now? Think of your favorite football/ baseball/ basketball/ hockey team. Did you stop cheering for them when one player changed?

[edit] oops, I hit "quote", not "edit". This post sucks

Old 10-11-2012, 07:39 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member

And that, Brent... is how I won. Run races no one can find information on. Pastrana won. I didn't even bother finding the running order. Butler, one of my picks, ran 2nd, and Clint Bowyers fiance flipped her car apparently..... on a quarter mile short track!!! That's competitve.... but I cna't tease her, I have been known to nearly roll golf carts, tractors, and lawn mowers. It takes a special reflex to let go of the wheel and let the car turn itself into the roll and not flip. Of course, all of my near flips were single vehicle incidents. It's a tough win to take with pride, but Brent, I need you to make me a new signature anyway!!!

IF you think about Juniors season, I've been saying he alwyas goes to crap when the Chase starts... but the reality is, that Kansas test was a couple weeks before the Chase started and quite frnakly, after that crahs was when he stopped running as good. When he had that concussion in '02 and '03 or so and he started running like crap, admitting later he had trouble concentrating on his line and the conversations with his crew chief. I wonder if, although Junior doens't realize it, perhaps his focus has been off since the chase started and it resulted in his being 11th in the points right now..... he really should have been a lot better at Chicago and New Hampshire than he was... and definitely at Dover.

Quick Reply: Picks/Charlotte/SatNight