NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

Picks/Charlotte/Sat Night

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2015, 07:06 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I've got a lot of Era correct stuff. All the right factory sticker, the right plug wires, color of the engine, bench seats, column shift auto, heck now I even have a Nixon bumper sticker and 1968 road maps.

Old 10-10-2015, 07:16 AM

I think the only thing era correct on my Camaro is the body, VIN, trim tag, and rear axle. Also the seats for the time being, but when I throw the 4L80E in I'll put a console and shifter from a GTP, as well as different seats. Altima seats if I can find them cheap, otherwise GTP or Monte seats. My fat butt will slide right out of the factory seats if I try to autoX while sitting in one of them, plus they are not that comfortable if you're in them for more than an hour.

Old 10-11-2015, 11:07 AM

Dale Jr
Kasey Kahne
Joey Logano

Old 10-11-2015, 05:37 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

For reasons that may forever remain a mystery, Carl Martin did not pick Jimmie Johnson! As a result, he won Charlotte! I was 2nd, and the results will all be posted soon.

With several high flyers like Dale Jr, Matt Kenseth, Kasey Kahne, Jimmy Johnson, and Kyle Busch having bad finishes, the results, for the 4th week in a row, saw a lot of double digit scores and few triple digit scores.

Old 10-11-2015, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Cowboy6622
How many of you guys would put white wall tires on my torino? They originally came with 3/8th bias ply tires. Reproduction of these,are well over 1000 a set and they don't last long if you drive the car like I do. I have 24000 miles in 6 years.

Hankook makes a white wall but it's just shy of 5/8ths inch white wall. I can get 5 of them mounted and balances for just under 500 bucks.

[Img] https://tommyscarblog.files.wordpres...back-2-tcb.jpg [/img]

I would not put white wall tires. I like the sport look better then Luxery type look. Just me tho.

Old 10-11-2015, 06:27 PM
Default No Johnson

For reasons that may forever remain a mystery, Carl Martin did not pick Jimmie Johnson! As a result, he won Charlotte! I was 2nd, and the results will all be posted soon.

With several high flyers like Dale Jr, Matt Kenseth, Kasey Kahne, Jimmy Johnson, and Kyle Busch having bad finishes, the results, for the 4th week in a row, saw a lot of double digit scores and few triple digit scores.
My heart tells me to pick the 48 car. But I want to win this year as I was close to winning 2 years ago on the last race of the chase. #48 car is not hot right now. I go with who is the hottest 3 cars I think will win. I think the NASCAR Championship will come down to Harvick, Lagano in the end. NASCAR Gods r not going to let a Yota win a championship!

Old 10-11-2015, 06:42 PM
Default nixon

I've got a lot of Era correct stuff. All the right factory sticker, the right plug wires, color of the engine, bench seats, column shift auto, heck now I even have a Nixon bumper sticker and 1968 road maps.
looooooooooooool

Old 10-11-2015, 08:37 PM

Man it was a bad day both in this league and the Yahoo league I'm in with a bunch of other storm chasers. My lead in the overall in that league was cut in half as I had Kenseth picked in that league, and those make you choose one "A", two "B", and one "C" driver. On top of that, you are limited in how many times you can start an individual driver. Today wasn't pretty at all.