NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

NASCAR News

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2008 | 06:15 AM
|
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default NASCAR News

[align=center]Whats up with Newman?

[/align]
[align=center]Nothing Just making lots of money Racing LOL[/align][align=center]
Jul 24, 2008 at 03:12 PM

Indiana Connection: News Swirling Around Stewart, Newman
Indiana natives Tony Stewart (Columbus) and Ryan Newman (South Bend) return to their home state this week with off-track trading paint with on-track outlooks.

[/align][align=center]Stewart recently announced he's leaving Joe Gibbs Racing to become part owner in the former Haas CNC Racing organization. Newman has announced he's leaving Penske Racing and speculation is rampant about his future.

Back to the track: Stewart has the series' best Indy Driver Rating, 121.4, a number boosted by his victories in the 400 in 2005 and last year.
Newman has struggled at IMS, with only one top 10 in seven starts.
RADIO SHOW ANSWER
Newman is trying to become the third driver to win both the Daytona 500 and the Allstate 400 at the Brickyard in the same year. Dale Jarrett was the first do so (1996), and Jimmie Johnson swept the two races in 2006.

Ky. Busch to race all 3 @ Indy

Jul 24, 2008 at 02:53 PM

Kyle Busch Tries To Pad Seeding, Set National Series Single-Season Win Mark

Kyle Busch (No. 18 M&M’s Toyota) is set for another NASCAR national series tripleheader this weekend. Three races in a three-day period? No problem for the 23-year-old Busch, seeking to establish a single-season mark for NASCAR national series wins in the “modern era” (post-1971).

[/align][align=center]Busch has 14 wins this season at the national series level — seven in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, five in NASCAR Nationwide competition and two in the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series. That has tied Kevin Harvick’s 2001 record. Busch will race Friday night in the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series and Saturday night in the NASCAR Nationwide Series, at O’Reilly Raceway Park, located just west of Indianapolis Motor Speedway.

Come Sunday, if Busch needs one more shot at the record this weekend, he’ll get it on one of racing’s biggest stages.

Thing is, much more than sole possession of the record will be at stake. Much more.

CONTINUE READING...

Mark Martin Predicts Victory

Jul 24, 2008 at 02:41 PM

Martin A Marked Man, As He Tries To Back Up Prediction

Mark Martin (No. 8 U.S. Army Chevrolet) climbed out of the car last month at Pocono Raceway and immediately started talking Indy.

[/align][align=center]Driving for Dale Earnhardt Inc., Martin qualified third at Pocono. Post-qualifying, Martin boldly looked ahead, past the upcoming event.

“I'm planning on winning the Brickyard in the 8 car,” Martin said. “We've got the stuff. We've got the team. The cars are awesome on flat tracks … I have never planned on anything any more than my plan is for the Brickyard. That's the crown jewel.

“And if you look at how that car ran at Phoenix, I believe that we can adapt that setup to work there. The team is strong enough on pit road, and (crew chief) Tony Gibson and those guys that work on that car are due a win.

“They got several disappointments last year when they had great race cars and had failures and what have you. Nothing would make me happier than to see their faces in Victory Lane.”

In 1998, Martin was second in the Allstate 400 at The Brickyard. In 14 starts at Indy he has five top-five runs.

Narrow the focus to the last three seasons and the gathering of Loop Data (statistics gleaned from electronic scoring loops imbedded under race tracks), and Martin has a Driver Rating of 102.9, fifth-best in the series at Indianapolis. [/align][align=center]

Drivers Test Goodyears at Atlanta

Jul 23, 2008 at 03:29 PM

Three NASCAR Cup Drivers, Including Points Leader, Conclude Goodyear Tire Test at Atlanta Motor Speedway

[/align][align=center]HAMPTON, Ga. (July 22, 2008) – NASCAR Sprint Cup Series points leader Kyle Busch, along with Cup Series drivers Travis Kvapil and Scott Riggs, each participated in the second and final day of tire testing by the Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company at Atlanta Motor Speedway.
In an effort by Goodyear to produce the best tire for the Pep Boys Auto 500 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race in October, the three drivers, their crews and Goodyear engineers spent two days testing a variety of builds, compounds and configurations on AMS’ 1.54-mile quad-oval track.

CONTINUE READING...

[/align][align=center]Thanks for visiting!
Thanks MCF Space

More... [/align]
[align=center][/align][ul][*][align=center]History Says Indy Road to Title [/align][*][align=center]Truex Penalties Stand [/align][*][align=center]Edwards Wins at Gateway [/align][*][align=center]Benson wins at Kentucky [/align][*][align=center]NNS Lineup: Gateway [/align][/ul][align=center][/align]

[/align]

Old 07-25-2008 | 06:24 AM
|
Default RE: NASCAR News

[align=center]Members[/align][align=center]Who is going to Win at Indy ?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Post your Win Place Show Drivers

[/align][align=center]
Track Stats
INDIANAPOLIS
Distance: 2.5-mile oval
Banking/Turns 1-4: 9 Âş
Banking/Straights: 0 Âş
Length/Frontstretch: 5/8 mile
Length/Backstretch: 5/8 mile
Short chutes: 1/8 mile each
Miles/laps: 400 miles, 160 laps

[/align][align=center]Post your picks below ok[/align][align=center]EnJoy the Race[/align]

Old 07-25-2008 | 08:02 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
3 Year Member1 Year Member
5 Year Member

i'm going to go with Stewart... he says this race is more important to him than the Daytona 500. i think he's got everything off his chest, he's ready to race now.

Old 07-25-2008 | 11:15 AM
|

[align=center]NASCAR Puts Squeeze on Toyota[/align][align=center]CHARLOTTE, N.C. (July 23) - NASCAR tried to even out the competition in the Nationwide Series on Wednesday by ordering all teams using Toyota motors to squeeze down their horsepower before this weekend's race in Indianapolis.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]http://sports.aol.com/nascar/story/_...n-toyota/97155[/align]

Old 07-25-2008 | 01:46 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
3 Year Member1 Year Member
5 Year Member

psh... i wish i could have seen NASCAR back in teh day my dad knew it...

back when if Chevy was slower than Dodge, adn watned to beat them, they had to go build a faster car than what Dodge had... instead of crying to NASCAR

Old 07-25-2008 | 09:49 PM

Im going with Kyle Bush,Stewart or Jeff Gordon.Stewart is hungry but well see what happens.I cant wait to get into my seats and for the race to begin.

Old 07-26-2008 | 05:27 AM
|

[align=center]On TV [/align][align=center]For you lucky members that get ESPN[/align][align=center]For those that do not the race is on MRN Radio : )[/align][align=center]

CUP QUALIF 10AM Sat ESPN2

NATIONWIDE RACING 7:30PM Sat ESPN

CUP RACING 1PM Sun ESPN
[/align][align=center]Above times are EST[/align]

Old 07-27-2008 | 09:43 AM
|

Space Picks for Indy

1 Dale Jr
2 Carl Edwards
3 Jimmy Johnson

Mod Wiz picks Jeff Gordon
JR of Orlando picks Kyle B

Kyle won again yesterday in the Nationwide series
He is not my favorite driver
but the kid can really drive 4 Sure

EnJoy your Sunday
Peace Out
Space

Old 07-27-2008 | 09:50 AM
|

Jimme Johnson picks up the pole position for Sunday's Brickyard 400 at Indianapolis, Mark Martin is second.
1 48 Jimmie Johnson
2 8 Mark Martin
3 12 Ryan Newman
4 9 Kasey Kahne
5 24 Jeff Gordon
6 19 Elliott Sadler
7 2 Kurt Busch
8 26 Jamie McMurray
9 99 Carl Edwards
10 17 Matt Kenseth
11 88 Dale Earnhardt Jr.
12 16 Greg Biffle
13 42 Juan Pablo Montoya
14 20 Tony Stewart
15 10 Patrick Carpentier
16 6 David Ragan
17 83 Brian Vickers
18 29 Kevin Harvick
19 18 Kyle Busch
20 38 David Gilliland
21 70 Jason Leffler
22 41 Reed Sorenson
23 11 Denny Hamlin
24 47 Marcos Ambrose
25 1 Martin Truex Jr.
26 84 AJ Allmendinger
27 43 Bobby Labonte
28 28 Travis Kvapil
29 7 Robby Gordon
30 00 Michael McDowell
31 5 Casey Mears
32 31 Jeff Burton
33 44 David Reutimann
34 55 Michael Waltrip
35 66 Scott Riggs
36 78 Joe Nemechek
37 15 Paul Menard
38 77 Sam Hornish Jr.
39 96 J.J. Yeley
40 07 Clint Bowyer
41 22 Dave Blaney
42 01 Regan Smith
43 45 Terry Labonte
Did Not Qualify: # 21 Bill Elliott; # 08 Johnny Sauter; # 34 Tony Raines; # 50 Stanton Barrett.

Old 07-27-2008 | 03:02 PM

Regarding the Indy race... SAD!!! (hope that's not a give-away! lol)

Quick Reply: NASCAR News